rooney breaking record, and scoring twice quite impresive
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yep, never a booking, summed up the refs performance
and that swiss guy shouldn't have got sent off either. i hope luigi is reffing our next match
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
ewwwwww! he has nice eyes though
he is the hero!!!!! he is 18 and i am 16 arrrh match in heaven (in my dream anyway)
anyway i can see he got a very good future
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
You said it!

Rooney and Vassell look much better together up front, and provide more of a force.
yeah there was more of a partnership there, Owen really should be dropped, and yes it's normally you promoting the Tottenham players, but I think King is better suited to international level, he has a lot more pace and is a better passer of the ball. also a good partner for Campbell because he is similar to Toure at Arsenal.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
That 2nd goal was never Rooney's in a million years. Although I hope he gets it for the sake of the fantasy football...
come on - it was sooooooooo rooney's!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and that swiss guy shouldn't have got sent off either. i hope luigi is reffing our next match
yeah, they were 2 bad fouls i suppose but he only commited 2 fouls all game
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yep, never a booking, summed up the refs performance
Ref was dire. The Swiss player never deserved to get a second booking. If that was an England player, I'd be livid!

Why are England so consistently inconsistent? I don't think we've ever put two good performances (or two bad performances) in a row!!

If we played against Switzerland like we did against France, we could have won about 6-0!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Erm no. 'twas an own goal, simple as. Ball heading away from goal after hitting post, hits goalie then goes in, clearly an OG.
shh piggy! 2 goals for rooney yayyyyyyyy!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
can't see the keeper claiming the goal as his own
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he da man!
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh dear some of the passing was bad tho at times, i just wish the whole midfield and defence could step 10 yards further up the pitch and do what they were doing
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm sure the Swiss players were falling over the second an England player came near them. Didn't that dude trip over his own foot and blame it on Ashley Cole?

And near the end when the Swiss guy stood on thingy's (might have been Dyer's I'm not good with names) foot that looked painful!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I'm sure the Swiss players were falling over the second an England player came near them. Didn't that dude trip over his own foot and blame it on Ashley Cole?

And near the end when the Swiss guy stood on thingy's (might have been Dyer's I'm not good with names) foot that looked painful!
twas hargreaves ankle
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)

yeah they were falling all over the place and the ref fell for it every time, and yeah that player did fall over his own foot, and guess what? the ref gave a free kick :rolleyes:

it was hargreaves who had his foot bent backwards by their player btw
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
twas hargreaves ankle
i saw it bend, nasty
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yet another boring 5pm kick off match. This is a bit of a crappy trend. Good result though.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)

Yeah i can feel the pain for him!!!
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That Swiss goalie seemed like a nice chap when he was talking to James at the end of the match. Swiss people are good natured people, I think.
Loved the banner held up by the 3 swiss guys "Victoria, cheat on David with me, me and....me"
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i saw it bend, nasty
don't! i'll faint!
who is reffing our next match? does anyone know?
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i saw it bend, nasty
i know what it feels like, cause that happened to me before, it hurt like hell!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (182)
18.69%
Labour (499)
51.23%
Liberal Democrats (133)
13.66%
Green Party (55)
5.65%
Brexit Party (15)
1.54%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.54%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)