The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
today their passing was awful, they sat back a lot of the time and let the swiss get on with it. rooney was brilliant imo, and never deserved that yellow card. they were much more 'active' in the france match - today they were very lathargic - probably because of the heat.
ok i will keep quiet becasue u got things to support urself as well as i have. yeah anyway just hoping that england do their best
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
ok i will keep quiet becasue u got things to support urself as well as i have. yeah anyway just hoping that england do their best
aww sorry - you don't have to be quiet.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
aww sorry - you don't have to be quiet.
don't worry i said to wolf i will i been talking too much crap.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've got a few points to make.
  • Becks should take note from Zidane. When France went 2:1 down, he properly rallied up his troops, and the result was a goal.
  • Brilliant trickery by Zidane
  • The tournment was deprived of possibly having a brilliant goal by Henry. How on earth could he have been caught offside!
  • What is it with the opposition giving an awful backpass for France to pounce upon?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
  • Becks should take note from Zidane. When France went 2:1 down, he properly rallied up his troops, and the result was a goal.
  • The tournment was deprived of possibly having a brilliant goal by Henry. How on earth could he have been caught offside!
  • What is it with the opposition giving an awful backpass for France to pounce upon?
becks did rally his troops up
give becks a few years he will do tricks like zz
but the defenders stopped thats why henry got easily past
what is it with france giving all teams penalties?
Spc_K
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What is it with back passes altogether! I think i've seen 3 goals give away through sloppy back passing, and i haven't even watched every game, and the unjust redcarding of the russian goalie was through a backpass too... I'd have thought that simply statisticly speaking, back passes aren't a great idea and certainly over used.

France was lucky to draw, croatia had some nice attacking and so nearly scored (how did he miss!) right at the end of the match.

I was pretty impressed by Croatia... hope we beat them.. and if we draw i hope switzerland doesn't beat France 6-0 so they go through instead.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ledley King must come in for Terry against Croatia

Terry gave away so many free kicks in dangerous positions, he wont get away with that against someone good
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
Ledley King must come in for Terry against Croatia

Terry gave away so many free kicks in dangerous positions, he wont get away with that against someone good
Yes, get King in there, alongside Campbell in the central defence.

And James looked a bit awkward with crosses and set pieces. Lets get Robinson in!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Yes, get King in there, alongside Campbell in the central defence.

And James looked a bit awkward with crosses and set pieces. Lets get Robinson in!
and while we are at it call up Redknapp, how bout no

but yeah King should play in future, he is quicker and a better partner for Campbell, Vasell should also start
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The goal didn't really need Zidane's intervention to come about did it? Zidane just made sure the team played instead of whinge away throughout. Dirty handball by Trezeguet I thought.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and while we are at it call up Redknapp, how bout no

but yeah King should play in future, he is quicker and a better partner for Campbell, Vasell should also start
Not forgetting Defoe, Gardner and Michael Brown!
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
The goal didn't really need Zidane's intervention to come about did it? Zidane just made sure the team played instead of whinge away throughout. Dirty handball by Trezeguet I thought.
lol

it was pelted at his hand

Zidane is a class above anyone, i hate to admit it but he makes becks look like a park player
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not sure about starting Vassell, he's better as an impact sub with fresh legs. But Sven should have taken a fifth forward (as opposed to a third keeper?), he'd be another option on the bench. Maybe he didn't expect Owen's poor form.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not sure about starting Vassell, he's better as an impact sub with fresh legs. But Sven should have taken a fifth forward (as opposed to a third keeper?), he'd be another option on the bench. Maybe he didn't expect Owen's poor form.
yeah maybe, Defoe would be a good option, Ian Walker isnt really necessary
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol

it was pelted at his hand

Zidane is a class above anyone, i hate to admit it but he makes becks look like a park player
France aren't half the team without Zidane. He ought to be spoken of in the same breath as Pele and Maradona.

As for Becks, he won't make that elite list, and he needs to recognise that, and just be David Beckham and do what he's been doing so well for years.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Not forgetting Defoe, Gardner and Michael Brown!
no, spurs players not wanted.
is there any spurs players represented in euro 04? i mean regulars not king or postiga
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
no, spurs players not wanted.
is there any spurs players represented in euro 04? i mean regulars not king or postiga
Possibly Switzerland's Patrick Muller and Denmark's Dennis Rommedahl. Possibly. And we know about Santini. Or is that Insanetini...

There is also Paul Robinson.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Possibly Switzerland's Patrick Muller and Denmark's Dennis Rommedhal. Possibly. And we know about Santini. Or is that Insanetini...

There is also Paul Robinson.
oh yeh how could i forgot robbo.
santini is the closest any spurs player will get to the european cup
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thing is with vasell, he offers the same as owen(deadly pace and finishing) but he is a better foil for Rooney, he links up well and is stronger
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
roooooooooooney

i'm still wearin my everton shirt
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (52)
17.93%
Labour (142)
48.97%
Liberal Democrats (42)
14.48%
Green Party (20)
6.9%
Brexit Party (4)
1.38%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.03%
SNP (5)
1.72%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.38%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)