The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
whats wrong with doing it for the money? more money + better club?
never heard of loyalty?
if it was fine then spurs wouldnt hate campbell
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
never heard of loyalty?
if it was fine then spurs wouldnt hate campbell
Spurs/Arsenal is a bit different to Charlton/Chelsea.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
No, because we are the best club!

Well, I think so.....
''your just a small club in arsenal, small club in arsenallllll''
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
''your just a small club in arsenal, small club in arsenallllll''
I think you'll find there isn't a place called Arsenal, and there is Tottenham.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Spurs/Arsenal is a bit different to Charlton/Chelsea.
no i dont mean the rivalry i mean the money and loyalty.
parker was with cafc age 10, we got him into that famous mcdonalds advert he done. curbishley was like a father to him.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think you'll find there isn't a place called Arsenal, and there is Tottenham.
ok i admit your the 2nd best club in north london
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
no i dont mean the rivalry i mean the money and loyalty.
parker was with cafc age 10, we got him into that famous mcdonalds advert he done. curbishley was like a father to him.
going to a bigger club gives him more potential and recognition, which is more important than loyalty
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
going to a bigger club gives him more potential and recognition, which is more important than loyalty
to some players it is not. especially those that love their team and have spent half their life with them. eg gerrard,alan smith
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Man-for-man they're not.

Apart from Okocha, Djorkaeff, and possibly Giannokopoulos and Hunt, no other players would get into our team.

What about Kevin Davies the hardest working striker in the league, Kevin Nolan, Ivan Campo or GOD as we lie to call him, Ricardo Gardner has been injured for a while but has one of the best left foots in the league....spurs are a bunch of has beens who cant accept that there time has been and gone...

We finished four points off a champions league place....where were spurs again???

Come on you whites....!!!!!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
ok i admit your the 2nd best club in north london
3rd there's Arsenal reserves remember
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cossack)
What about Kevin Davies the hardest working striker in the league, Kevin Nolan, Ivan Campo or GOD as we lie to call him, Ricardo Gardner has been injured for a while but has one of the best left foots in the league....spurs are a bunch of has beens who cant accept that there time has been and gone...

We finished four points off a champions league place....where were spurs again???

Come on you whites....!!!!!
Spurs are INCONSISTENT.

We perform well in some matches, and then don't do anything the next. We need to work as a team, and get our individuals working together, giving the strikers the service from midfield.

If we perform how we should do, we will get a good finish next season, possibly a European place, but thats if we are consistent, and don't play crap like we seem to do most seasons.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Man for man, Spurs are shocking. Gardner - awful. Taricco - comparatively good season, but still, awful. Most of midfield - awful (exceptions are Davies on form, Redknapp when fully fit and Ricketts when playing). Keane - selfishness makes him awful. We seriously, seriously need A LOT of new players for next season, ideally a new, experienced centre back, a left back, a left winger and a couple of midfielders. We'll probably get a new striker too, which would be no bad thing if Keane and/or Kanoute are going.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
denmark is amazing go Gronkjaer!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Man for man, Spurs are shocking. Gardner - awful. Taricco - comparatively good season, but still, awful. Most of midfield - awful (exceptions are Davies on form, Redknapp when fully fit and Ricketts when playing). Keane - selfishness makes him awful. We seriously, seriously need A LOT of new players for next season, ideally a new, experienced centre back, a left back, a left winger and a couple of midfielders. We'll probably get a new striker too, which would be no bad thing if Keane and/or Kanoute are going.
Gardner was only awful in the second half of last season. He had a lot of good games, looking at the Liverpool games and the Arsenal games in particular.

Keane can be slefish in a bad way some times, but other times, he just takes it, when no one else wants it, and starts an attack off.

Davies on form is good, but Redknapp? He does exactly what Sheringham does, and walks around the field, putting in a coupel of tackles here and there. Michael Brown is the one that does most of the work. Ricketts is a very good player, and I hope we keep hold of him.
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
denmark is amazing go Gronkjaer!
****e i forgot the footie was on...im off
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cossack)
****e i forgot the footie was on...im off
It's half-time!
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's half-time!
whats the score?
im supposedly studying so im not allowed to watch!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Gardner was only awful in the second half of last season. He had a lot of good games, looking at the Liverpool games and the Arsenal games in particular.

Keane can be slefish in a bad way some times, but other times, he just takes it, when no one else wants it, and starts an attack off.

Davies on form is good, but Redknapp? He does exactly what Sheringham does, and walks around the field, putting in a coupel of tackles here and there. Michael Brown is the one that does most of the work. Ricketts is a very good player, and I hope we keep hold of him.
Okay, Gardner was only consistently awful in the second half of the season. In the first half he had some fantastic games, against Arsenal and Liverpool as you said, and he did well to rise to the occasions, but he still had some terrible matches mixed in there.

Redknapp finished the season really well, and I don't mean the whole period after his return from injury but only his last few matches. He was putting himself into the tackles as well spreading the ball around back like he was at his peak for Liverpool. Brown, although he works hard and runs all over the place, has no skill or technique whatsoever. Not one performance for Spurs gave any indication of where those 20 odd goals in a season for Sheffield United came from. He's not Premiership class at all, and it's no less than worrying to see his name down as effectively our first choice central midfielder. Squad player maybe, but first choice?

Keane only holds teams back. He did well at Wolves and Coventry, but he got chucked out of every "good" team he played for. People cite Leeds financial problems, but they still managed to keep Smith and Viduka. The fact that they played two probably less talented players ahead of him speaks volumes for what he contributes to a team, i.e. very little.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[COLOR=Black]
(Original post by Zapsta)
Redknapp finished the season really well, and I don't mean the whole period after his return from injury but only his last few matches. He was putting himself into the tackles as well spreading the ball around back like he was at his peak for Liverpool. Brown, although he works hard and runs all over the place, has no skill or technique whatsoever. Not one performance for Spurs gave any indication of where those 20 odd goals in a season for Sheffield United came from. He's not Premiership class at all, and it's no less than worrying to see his name down as effectively our first choice central midfielder. Squad player maybe, but first choice?

Keane only holds teams back. He did well at Wolves and Coventry, but he got chucked out of every "good" team he played for. People cite Leeds financial problems, but they still managed to keep Smith and Viduka. The fact that they played two probably less talented players ahead of him speaks volumes for what he contributes to a team, i.e. very little.
Keane clearly didn't fit into the Italian style of football, hence Inter didn't want him. And Keane was the first player out of those three strikers to have a bid come in for him.

Redknapp's best game against Arsenal and he was only good in the second half of that game. His other performances were okay. Central midfield isn't necesaarily the most skillfull part of the pitch, and he did more of the defensive work. We can get better players in there, but they are good squad players.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[COLOR=Black]

Keane clearly didn't fit into the Italian style of football, hence Inter didn't want him. And Keane was the first player out of those three strikers to have a bid come in for him.
Inter didn't want him because he couldn't finish. The fans loved his tricks and flicks. Weird that...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.35%
Labour (132)
49.44%
Liberal Democrats (37)
13.86%
Green Party (18)
6.74%
Brexit Party (4)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.12%
SNP (5)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.37%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.5%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)