shame
lol
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I have a sneaky feeling Croatia will win this game. I reckon 2-1.
lol here it goes again :eek: noooo i think england will win!
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
:eek: Lucky goal
sz72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what a save!
bean4ian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im really worried what if we dont win?! i will cry! i have a very bad feelin in my gut (or i could just need the toilet)

COME ON ENGLAND!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
woo hoo 2-1, rooney's price tag has risen
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
Wayne Rooney is a LEGEND

joint top scorer in the tournament alongside zidane :cool:

Croatia are awful, they have offered nothing, just a hoof team and very physical, horrible to watch.

Well deserved
indeed, in terms of ball posession its like england 70% croatia 30% or something as well
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
England have clearly been the better team, and whats more, they've actally played some exciting football.

I don't knpw why it took ven so long to work out, but Scholes plays much better in the centre, and Gerrard feels quite at home on the left.

At times, they've been too ambitious in trying to get the balls into Owen and Rooney. But towards the end of the half, the passing was more direct, and looked more likely to reach their targets, which they did.

The man of the half has to be Ashley Cole. He's been superb down the wing, and caused Croatia problems, and has put in some good crosses.
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done Rooney, brilliant play
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Brum ppl in Chamberlain Square - what a bunch of fools, I feel ashamed lol, they let us down Big-T. The Mancs at Exchange Square easily won the crowd reaction contest and I guess that adds weight to their claims for 2nd city.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
England - Portugal q.final it is! :cool:
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
England - Portugal q.final it is! :cool:
That was a great game!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Great game - the best of the tournament, and it could have been more than 4-2! Good performance from England.

James - didn't look comfortable, not a particularly great game
G Neville - Solid at the back as usual, did well once again
Campbell - Another solid game and also another good game for him
Terry - Unsure at times, not the best of games for him
Ashley Cole - Looked good in the first half in particular, troubled at times by Mornar in the second half, but was solid throughout
Beckham - got better as the game progressed, and did the simple things well
Scholes - Much better when in the centre, confidence grew from goal
Lampard - Solid game, very good in attack and defence and deserved his goal
Gerrard - Good game, bursting forward, few passes went astray, but mainly a good game for him
Owen - Always looking to get in to good goal-scoring positions, but short of confidence goals-wise
Rooney - best player on the pitch, his power and pace caused Croatia problems and could have scored more goals

Subs:
King - played well in the centre when he come on, good defensive and attacking link-up play
Vassell - attacking threat and his pace caused Croatia problems, and there was some good link-up play with the midfield
P Neville - Did the simple things well in midfield and good link-up play with other midfielders
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am so glad that Henry has only just decided to get clever. See ya in the Final France
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought that James, in particular, was better than your synopsis would suggest. Neither of the goals were his fault and I feel that Terry should have cleared the ball for the opener and that there was precious little James could do to avert the second goal.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Alan Hansen was pissing me off in his comments at half time. I felt that some of England's passing moves in the first half were exceptional, they certainly were more than 'decent' in my belief.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
agree with most of that theaman, appart from James did have a good game, Ledley king's marking for the Croatia goal was also very dodgy.

anyway great performace by England, Top scorers in the tournament

anyone else notice Beckham in that interview? he said y'know 18 times!
Yeah, I agree. King wasn't at his best defensively (didn't have much to do to be fair), but was good on the ball and really made you wonder (well, made me wonder) why Nicky Butt gets in the team. Cole was a bit dodgy, I think as the game went on Terry grew in stature and actually did well overall, but Beckham is just pissing me off now. He once again did nothing to show why he deserves a place in the team.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
agree with most of that theaman, appart from James did have a good game, Ledley king's marking for the Croatia goal was also very dodgy.

anyway great performace by England, Top scorers in the tournament

anyone else notice Beckham in that interview? he said y'know 18 times!
Didn't think that was King there, I thought it was Terry and Camobell around him.

And James flapped at too many crosses.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
I am so glad that Henry has only just decided to get clever. See ya in the Final France
Henry's second goal had flair written all over it, and cracking finish - so predictable, yet so satisfying (for the neutral observer, lol).
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I worry about the defence in set pieces!
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Agreeing with the James comments. I thought he did well, croatia were good attackers, the croatian goalie fell to pieces in the second half of the match.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads