The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
England should never have defended so deep. Tactics were a bit dodgy there. The players looked tired-1 less day to rest as well. Becks has had a rubbish tournment. And di anyone notice Scholes? The only time I noticed him was when he actually made a cleam tackle! :eek:
Ref-everyone has already given their opinions, and I think that the ref was biased. We were robbed! The pitch was a disgrace!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Do you believe me now that Beckham has no business being England's penalty taker, or has the poor lad just had such bad luck to miss the last 3 he's taken for England?
Steady on. It was the spot's fault two out of three times... :rolleyes:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Do you believe me now that Beckham has no business being England's penalty taker, or has the poor lad just had such bad luck to miss the last 3 he's taken for England?
Well, his was the worst penalty of the lot, and most of the others seemed to cope ok. He skied his ball, just like he did against Turkey. It was just about the worst start we could have. If he had scored,we might have won.

Btw, I know everyone's gutted and stuff, but I thought we saw 2 very good goals today. Michael Owen's and the 2nd goal for portugal.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Well, his was the worst penalty of the lot, and most of the others seemed to cope ok.
i dont think so, the first 3 penaltys have been poor imo
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Attached files
Phatjayunoi
Report 15 years ago
Nice one chidori !
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
someone give chidori a neg rep, i gave him one only a few days ago
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
So it was you then.....

Well, I respect you for owning up.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why are all the threads being deleted? The majority of the stuff wasnt offensive. Are we meant to be keeping everything in one thread? An explanation for the censorship would be appreciated and it would encourage a lot more cooperation.
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
why are all the threads being deleted? The majority of the stuff wasnt offensive. Are we meant to be keeping everything in one thread? An explanation for the censorship would be appreciated and it would encourage a lot more cooperation.
i think they are taking too much bandwidth
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol YAY PORTUGAL, I was with you all the way,
And i don't know if its been covered, but bekhams penalty, god was i disappointed, that was terrible, what a loser!!!
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
man i was picked up and chucked out of chicagos when it was 2-1 for smashing 2 bottles in the bin:rolleyes:

sums up the night, everyone gutted, massive police presence, everyone is talking about bottling the portugese resteraunt in Aylesbury

why do we always do this? yeah the ref is a tosser, but we deserved it, we let them attack, just feel so sorry for darius
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
man i was picked up and chucked out of chicagos when it was 2-1 for smashing 2 bottles in the bin:rolleyes:

sums up the night, everyone gutted, massive police presence, everyone is talking about bottling the portugese resteraunt in Aylesbury

why do we always do this? yeah the ref is a tosser, but we deserved it, we let them attack, just feel so sorry for darius
i'm sorry but why is it that the british are so violent can't they respect others
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Babygal)
i'm sorry but why is it that the british are so violent can't they respect others
well there were a lot of police there, and a lot of talk, no real trouble to be honest

some people go OTT(e.g kicked out for smashing a bottle in the bin)
maybe when i'm sober i'll be more upset but now im angry with the ref but just thinking there is nowt we can do now......

i was in tears again
DazYa003
Badges:
Report 15 years ago

serious? wow.....
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYa003)
serious? wow.....
yeah, everone seemed pretty o.k about it considering, but every group i walked past, all i could hear was 'where the F**k is that portugese resteraunt' etc

i didnt witness any real trouble though, so i suppose that is a plus point
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i've had an hour to calm down. I reckon the defence need to listen to Sven, Sven needs to get his arse out the dugout and make em push up.

Alot of English players don't have the skill, the balls, the creativity to play for England and we are becoming really stale. Becks need to lose his captaincy.

I think there's definetly space opening up in the team.

I don't know why it takes an 18 year old to create play in the team, that is pretty sad state of affairs and it says alot about our players.
DazYa003
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
yeah, everone seemed pretty o.k about it considering, but every group i walked past, all i could hear was 'where the F**k is that portugese resteraunt' etc

i didnt witness any real trouble though, so i suppose that is a plus point
there is going to be a lot of violence , especially in portugal.... but for any portuguise restaurant/business that operate in certain areas........ =/
chidori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I feel sorry for any Portugese people living in the UK. They really are going to get it tomorrow. Is this what English football fans are really like? I hope not because the situation is already bad at the moment and shouldn't be made worse.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise