The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Figo should be pensioned off and sent to one of the Algarve's many wonderful retirement homes. Then, maybe, he would win a foot race - perhaps the one to dinner or the medicine dispenser?

He is clearly past it.
well I think Madrid must train like an hour a week or something

FIgo looked out of pace, and unfit
beckham had no pace and was unfit
Raul was overweight and unfit

the only Madrid player that has really stood out is Zidane, and he just has so much natural talent
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yeah but my list of englishmen that didn;t make it is better

bellamy is nothing without shearer, don't think he scored many last season either
mcfadden is talented, but still not a patch on defoe who is about the same age

also as far as keepers go i rate the likes of Green and kirkland who are both young enough and good enough for us now better than james or jones
Kirkland's been injured too long to have developed as well as he should have. Green's had one good season and been thrust into the spotlight. Probably just another Hoult.

As much as I love Defoe, McFadden is 6 months younger and definitely on a par. Don't know what Moyes problem with playing young strikers is, but he definitely merits a regular starting spot. I checked him out a bit when he was at Motherwell and he was on a completely different level. Never disappointed for Scotland either. They're both better players than Bellamy, but I'd also say that Bellamy would easily oust Owen and Vassell, with his extra experience over Defoe and McFadden getting him the nod to play alongside Rooney. He's also better than Smith, with or without Shearer. I can't think of many times he's played up front without Shearer to be honest, so not sure where that conclusion comes from.

And you haven't got another right-winger in your list to replace Davies :confused:.

Upson is just turd. It's all about Cunningham down at Birmingham, no idea how he even came into contention for an England spot.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
well I think Madrid must train like an hour a week or something

FIgo looked out of pace, and unfit
beckham had no pace and was unfit
Raul was overweight and unfit

the only Madrid player that has really stood out is Zidane, and he just has so much natural talent
Agreed. Funnily enough, this reminds me of an interview with Steve McManaman, when he was in his second season at Real and was just discussing how he found Spanish life.

Macca said that he loved the people, had learnt the language and was particularly fond of Spanish restauranteurs. Apparently, he would dine at several of Madrid's top restaurants and when it came to him paying for the meal - the Spanish restauranteurs would have none of it! Macca said that he had to slip pesetas into cutlery and that kind of thing, and that he found it hard to understand the lengths that Spanish people were willing to go to, in order to look after the Galacticos.

It would seem to me though, that Figo and Raul have pigged out on all the free cuisine that is available to them in the Spanish capital and this has had disastrous effects, lol. Maybe the gratitude of Madrid restaurant owners is counterproductive, as Figo and Raul seem to have read the Robbie Fowler Guide to Fitness . As for Beckham, it's anybodies guess as to his lack of form - I blame his wife personally - she's a bad influence.
Suzi Q
Report 15 years ago
this explain the ref's incompetance???
Attached files
Suzi Q
Report 15 years ago
Hey I just got sent it... anyway it's only a joke... you know HA HA!
No need to be so critical!!
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i cannot cope with this game anymore. how many years do i have to support a team before something good happens? ok i've had promotion & europe once, but its all been eclipsed by relegation, more playoffs & now more bloody PENALTIES! why why why is it not possible to win an effing shootout EVER????? God i'm hating the swiss right now. & to top it all off, this mornings exam went crap. i've just realised that a few weeks into starting uni, the world cup qualifiers will start, & we're playing wales. i can just tell that im going to end up next door to some welsh kid & we are going to lose. plus fixtures came up yesterday & i'm going to be away for leeds home. & 2 games i was goign to go to when at uni (sheff) i can't - rotherham away (for ipswich btw) is in august & sheff wed v colchester is in august too. will anything ever go my way ever again???
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why isnt anyone talking abt the greece france game!?
that was sooo a goal come on!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by kriztinae)
why isnt anyone talking abt the greece france game!?
that was sooo a goal come on!
Yeah it was a goal, :eek: ,damn all these FuC*in Officials!
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yeah it was a goal, damn all these FuC*in Refs.
yes but i know i cant blame the ref!
im guesing he didnt see it!!
damn but it was still a goal!!!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by kriztinae)
yes but i know i cant blame the ref!
im guesing he didnt see it!!
damn but it was still a goal!!!
Yeah, my mistake, can't blame the ref there, i am not even sure if it went in. Come on You Greece!! Doin ok at the moment! Get in there!! :cool:
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, my mistake, can't blame the ref there.not even sure if it went in anyway, but just come on You Greece!! Doin ok at the momen! Get in there! :cool:
heh i try to never blame the ref!!
i saw the replay and the ball was more than half in, im sure it was all in! grr but anyway!
greece dont really have anything to loose! france have their reputation! GO GREECE!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
i know!! i think iv lost my voice!!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zapsta)
Nnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Go away you
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hahahaha We Re Off To The City Centre!!!!! It S Gonna Be A Long Night :d
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
yes go away!!!
let us enjoy our moment of fun!!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Go away you
So who's on board with my "Santini Out" campaign then?
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Hahahaha We Re Off To The City Centre!!!!! It S Gonna Be A Long Night :d
wwooohoo! get drunk for me! i gotta study!!! but goooo!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads