The Student Room Group
Reply 400
Zapsta
No, because Man U couldn't be bothered to send any officials over to speak to PSG officials :tongue: (fact)

i have seen stuff on the TV guide network for ansenal and manchester united. It seems like they only started once i read one of these threads :smile:
Reply 401
Zapsta
No, because Man U couldn't be bothered to send any officials over to speak to PSG officials :tongue: (fact)

then Ronaldinho wouldnt wanna go to Man U if they cant be arsed would he :wink:
Reply 402
TheWolf
then Ronaldinho wouldnt wanna go to Man U if they cant be arsed would he :wink:

:rolleyes:
Reply 403
Fulham were lucky to beat us today, they were as bad as us. Plus the ref was a wanker. We had a goal dissallowed for no reason and the ref and linesmen didn't seem to know what off-side meant. Fulham rarely had any chances and their goals were crap - ha ha :biggrin:.

We'll kick ManU ass on Tuesday!
Reply 404
pkonline
Fulham were lucky to beat us today, they were as bad as us. Plus the ref was a wanker. We had a goal dissallowed for no reason and the ref and linesmen didn't seem to know what off-side meant. Fulham rarely had any chances and their goals were crap - ha ha :biggrin:.

We'll kick ManU ass on Tuesday!

definitely 3-0 vs man u next week - micky adams hatrick
TheWolf
definitely 3-0 vs man u next week - micky adams hatrick

Yeah im sure of that. :rolleyes: More like a ronaldo hatrick 0-3 united
Reply 406
piginapoke
Veron has been much maligned, but he's a fantastic player who can run the show in the right conditions. Probably a team needs to be built around him more to find his sweet spot rather than just plugging him into a team as a replacement for [insert random midfielder here].

Veron plays best in the Italian league, it suits his style of play.
piginapoke
Veron has been much maligned, but he's a fantastic player who can run the show in the right conditions. Probably a team needs to be built around him more to find his sweet spot rather than just plugging him into a team as a replacement for [insert random midfielder here].

Re. Beckham, has everyone forgotten how little he played towards the end of his last season with Man U? He was regularly on the bench and being kept out by Solskjær, who isn't even a right-sided midfielder by trade, and Man U still won the title that season.

Roy Keane: past his best, no longer able to boss games regularly any more, needs giving the boot ASAP as he's holding others back. Why not let the supposed future midfielders have a run in the league now, as its already lost?

Fair assessment, I think Veron was great against Liverpool (first game of this season) as the play was around him, but then nothing. He won't get the sort of time on the ball he saw in Serie A. As for Keane, he can't boss matches but he can still teach the kids a thing or two.
piginapoke

Re. Beckham, has everyone forgotten how little he played towards the end of his last season with Man U? He was regularly on the bench and being kept out by Solskjær, who isn't even a right-sided midfielder by trade, and Man U still won the title that season.

Roy Keane: past his best, no longer able to boss games regularly any more, needs giving the boot ASAP as he's holding others back. Why not let the supposed future midfielders have a run in the league now, as its already lost?

Keane is needed in the team, he is what keeps the team together as a unit.
Veron is fantastic, shame he never worked for united.
Beckham was only left off the bench due to the stubborness of ferguson, e.g.when he told him the madrid game was too big for him. What an idiot ferguson was then, and when Beckham came on in the last ten minutes, he must have had the best 10 minutes off his life, 2 goals and nearly a third. Stupid ferguson!
Reply 409
The way I always saw Veron was that he liked to control the play with his passing, but in a team containing Beckham he never had the chance to do that, even though his all round game is probably better. I thought once Beckham had been sold to Real, Veron would really be given a chance to shine, and in pre-season it looked like I was right, but he was sold before being given a chance.
Zapsta
The way I always saw Veron was that he liked to control the play with his passing, but in a team containing Beckham he never had the chance to do that, even though his all round game is probably better. I thought once Beckham had been sold to Real, Veron would really be given a chance to shine, and in pre-season it looked like I was right, but he was sold before being given a chance.

Yeah i thought the same. United should have at least kept him until january to c how he would have worked in the team.
Zapsta

I think the problem was more to do with having another strong influential figure in central midfield in the shape of Roy Keane. The two could never play together.
Reply 412
XTinaA
I think the problem was more to do with having another strong influential figure in central midfield in the shape of Roy Keane. The two could never play together.

I think it could have been an excellent partnership, with Keane hassling and winning the ball and Veron working his magic.
piginapoke
I reckon 4-4-2 won't work with Veron in there. It might be better to play 5-3-2 with Veron as one of the central three, where he could have a free role.

It is difficult to find a position for veron, i would have played him as a scholes like figure playin just behind the attackin line.
Trouble is, that's Keane's position.
piginapoke
That's ok Keane and Veron don't play for the same club any more...

Well... that's not Chelsea's set-up then.
piginapoke
That's ok Keane and Veron don't play for the same club any more...

Shame about that.
Yeah veron would probably work well in that 3322 tactic of urs. Might get a chance aswell now that makelele is injured.
piginapoke
I know. I'm just suggesting a setup that would fit Veron the most.

Or even a typical Italian 4-3-1-2 setup, though I'm not sure if he's the 1 or the middle of the 3...
piginapoke
One problem with that sort of system: you need really good wing backs.

Which Chelsea have.
Reply 419
Tut! Tut!

A girl goes to bed and then gets up to go to work and the following crap has been posted:

No. 1

87 mc watson
Some may claim that Chelsea are better than Arsenal

Bono
That's because they are.

Come on now! Now you know that’s not true …that is one of the most uneducated football comments I have ever heard! Just because Chelsea play better than us for one half of agame and just so happen to progress than us in the Champions league really does not mean their better us! Its funny how all you lot forget 4 and a half games where we totally dominated tham and out classed them for 45 minutes where we weren’t our best!

No. 2

Bono
Are Man U still in with a chance of winning the league?

HAHA! aHH NaH! 12 points behind I don’t think so!

No. 3

innitman uk
i bet united are regretting a) selling beckham….

Not being a united fan I can say this and be truly honest, that alotough they do miss Beckhams corner and free kick taking, nothing else about him is really missed in the united side, seems to me their doing well enough (I highlight the word “enough&#8221:wink: without him…and especailly in the future with Man Utd’s up and coming midfielders he’ll be nothing but a distant memory…Sorry Becks!

Its nice 2 see that everyone has not let the thread die! :smile: :tongue: :smile: :biggrin: :smile:

Latest