The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
There's Liverpool too in the race, but Inter are still considered to be favourites, despite all the players they have in that position.

Davids would be a great signing, amongst other signings, but I'm not sure whether we will get him or not.
inter is definititely stron gfavourites to get him atm
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dunno if this has already been mentioned, but arsenal have 2 new players, a goalie and a 17 year old or something. Can't find the story to post now.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Dunno if this has already been mentioned, but arsenal have 2 new players, a goalie and a 17 year old or something. Can't find the story to post now.
Manuel Almunia and Arutoro Lupoli
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hargreaves, Jankulovksi and Zanetti are also being linked with moves to Spurs.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Hargreaves, Jankulovksi and Zanetti are also being linked with moves to Spurs.
Which Zanetti?
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why on earth did Barcelona sign DECO - he is SOOOO OVER-RATED.

Hasnt really performed at all in Euro 2004
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Which Zanetti?
Cristiano of Inter.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Why on earth did Barcelona sign DECO - he is SOOOO OVER-RATED.

Hasnt really performed at all in Euro 2004
Thats cus he didn't have the space. He will be wicked in Spain, with all the extra time on the ball.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Thats cus he didn't have the space. He will be wicked in Spain, with all the extra time on the ball.

erm..all footy pitches are relatively the same size are they not?

And I seem to remember Deco during euro 2004 always picking up the ball and running nowhere with it, more often straight into defenders then he falls to the floor looking for a foul.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?

And I seem to remember Deco during euro 2004 always picking up the ball and running nowhere with it, more often straight into defenders then he falls to the floor looking for a foul.
LOL, true...true, i just reckon he will perform a lot better for Barcelona.
Also Deco was playing with his arch nemesis...Figo. You can never play as well whan u play alongside people u don't like.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL, true...true, i just reckon he will perform a lot better for Barcelona.
Also Deco was playing with his arch nemesis...Figo. You can never play as well whan u play alongside people u don't like.

How did that grudge develop btw?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
How did that grudge develop btw?
I don't know, maybe figo is a racist, doesn't like Brazilians playing for Portugal. Or maybe Figo like You, thinks Deco is massively overated.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't know, maybe figo is a racist, doesn't like Brazilians playing for Portugal. Or maybe Figo like You, thinks Deco is massively overated.

LOL...most probly the latter
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

deco's passing and one touch football is very decent though, he needs to work on his shooting nevertheless
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Drogba will struggle in the Prem, methinks.
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Drogba will struggle in the Prem, methinks.
He will but i think there are already a lot of new big name foreign players who may struggle proving their worth in the premiership this season. It's interesting to see how Cisse will do, his power and pace is suited to the premiership but Owen is notoriously difficult to forge a partnership with, and where do you stick Baros (apart from the treatment table...) after his performances in Portugal?

Arjen Robben is a class player but although its a nice choice for Mourinho to have, surely he'll have trouble getting the full games to settle into English football when Damien Duff is from the same mould - and he seems less balance impaired than Robben who tripped over nearly every blade of grass in hollands last game... Ferreira also seems to have been way over priced consideringhis performances recently, though to be fair he was solid as a rock in the Champions league last season.
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can never play as well whan u play alongside people u don't like.
well wot is the point of internationals if u have a brazilian playing for portugal...figo obviously loves his country and doesnt want sum other country's rejects playing for portugal...look at france..how many of them are actually french..hardly any...cheating in my opinion
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
well wot is the point of internationals if u have a brazilian playing for portugal...figo obviously loves his country and doesnt want sum other country's rejects playing for portugal...look at france..how many of them are actually french..hardly any...cheating in my opinion
Yeah i agree.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
noooo deco's nationality is portuguese, it doesnt matter what your origin is :confused:
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
noooo deco's nationality is portuguese, it doesnt matter what your origin is :confused:
But he was born and raised in Brazil, then made a Portugeuse national.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.11%
No (60)
11.32%
I'm not old enough (215)
40.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed