The Student Room Group
Kuz
Has anybody been watching the Copa America? I watched my first game today, it wasn't exactly awe-inspiring although it was Chilie and Costa Rica playing. Alothough I must say that Costa Rica have improved massively since the 2002 world cup

i watched abit of the brazil game - it was gay
Reply 4281
TheWolf
i watched abit of the brazil game - it was gay

why what happened?
Kuz
why what happened?

brazil lost :eek: abit of a rubbish game really, so Kuz! what do you thin about Vieira going to Madrid!
Kuz
Has anybody been watching the Copa America? I watched my first game today, it wasn't exactly awe-inspiring although it was Chilie and Costa Rica playing. Alothough I must say that Costa Rica have improved massively since the 2002 world cup
Watched a few of the games. Its stupid cus Brazil and Argentina don't take it seriously!
I wanted to see stars like Ronaldinho but instead i get the reserve team!
Though i suppose that does give the minor countries more of a chance. But the quality of the football has been quite poor.
Reply 4284
Do you think that Chelski will do well this season? - they have practically got a new squad! Kezman 's good and so is Drogba..but I'm not too convinced with the Portugese defender - Ferraira. And what's with the new goal keeper? I thought Cudicini was good!
Misbah Imtiaz
Do you think that Chelski will do well this season? - they have practically got a new squad! Kezman 's good and so is Drogba..but I'm not too convinced with the Portugese defender - Ferraira. And what's with the new goal keeper? I thought Cudicini was good!

new goal keeper - cech is very good, cudicini is very good too obviously
Reply 4286
TheWolf
brazil lost :eek: abit of a rubbish game really, so Kuz! what do you thin about Vieira going to Madrid!

To be honest I don't think its going to happen, well I hope it doesn't happen! Last I heard they were trying to get him for 30m, but Wenger would be a madman to sell him, as his crucial to the midfield and I can't think of anyone who could replace him both in position and dominance. However I can see the arsenal board getting proper greedy and selling him for the 30m because at the end of the day that is a shit load of money, and they'll be thinking about the new stadium and our present money worries. If they sell him for the sake of stadium, they'll have me kicking in their board room door, as vieira is without doubt one of my favourite team members not to mention a great captain, despite late last seasons form.

Is that the Paraguay match that your talking about, if so I know what your talking about that game was so crap...not to mention not recognising the best part of the Brazilian team!
Arsenal will have to sell him for the right price. Ashburton Grove construction costs much money.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3885873.stm

30 million + morientes for vieira - thats a good deal for arsenal, thats like 50 million for vieira :smile:
Reply 4289
TheWolf

30 million + morientes for vieira - thats a good deal for arsenal, thats like 50 million for vieira :smile:

Purely speculation Wolfie, but if the deal happens it will be for this amount because we get a new player and 30m to boot, and I don't think Real are going to increase their offer any further....God I'm well sad! :frown:
Reply 4290
TheWolf

Nah, not worth it. They can get a striker on the cheap - they really need a replacement in midfield if they're letting Vieira go. £20mil + David Beckham anyone?
Zapsta
Nah, not worth it. They can get a striker on the cheap - they really need a replacement in midfield if they're letting Vieira go. £20mil + David Beckham anyone?

the only possible, and realistic replacement (in my opinion) would be gerrard
After Del Bosque, John Carew for Besiktas JK...

For wizard :
-Turkey, 2002 World Cup Third place (and played some "football" while getting there)
Reply 4293
mockel

I'm not sure that Madrid can make that kind of promise though :tongue:.
Zapsta
I'm not sure that Madrid can make that kind of promise though :tongue:.

hehe, i didn't mean it like that....i was just saying that the money from vieira's transfer should be spent on gerarrd (but that's unlikely since i think he's signed a new contract ???)...please note that i'm not trying to encourage vieira's move to madrid on any way :biggrin:
Catharsis
After Del Bosque, John Carew for Besiktas JK...

For wizard :
-Turkey, 2002 World Cup Third place (and played some "football" while getting there)

Yea and they re gonna win the Champions League with John Carew. Get real.

You re all invited to Athens in September, for the World Cup qualifiers to get a taste of the Euro cup.*

*Photos of the cup will be mailed to within 3 weeks of request*
Reply 4296
Zapsta

How low can you go! 30m and morientes is a far better deal!

mockel

Well thats not going to happen, as his signed a new contract, and the best part of any made if the deal does happen will go towards Ashburton Grove, as it wasn't for the new stadium and the financial situation we wouldn't even consider the deal!
Kuz
How low can you go! 30m and morientes is a far better deal!

agreed 30m and morientes is much bettter. beckham is the last person arsenal wants atm
John Carew to besiktas?? i heard he was going to a premiership club - i've forgotten which one (newly promoted one i think)....i reckon going to besiktas would be a better deal - at least he'd get a chance to play in a european competition :wink:
FIVE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER TRANSFERS OF ALL TIME

1. In 2001, Zinedine Zidane went from Juventus to Real Madrid for $66.1 million.
2. In 2000, Luis Figo went from Barcelona to Real Madrid for $56 million.
3. In 2000, Hernan Crespo went from Parma to Lazio $53.2 million.
4. In 1999, Christian Vieri went from Lazio to Inter Milan for $48 million.
5. In 2001, Gianluigi Buffon went from Parma to Juventus for $47 million.

Arguably, premiership is the best league in the world, but why do spanish/italian league get the most expensive signings?

Latest