This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
FIVE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER TRANSFERS OF ALL TIME

1. In 2001, Zinedine Zidane went from Juventus to Real Madrid for $66.1 million.
2. In 2000, Luis Figo went from Barcelona to Real Madrid for $56 million.
3. In 2000, Hernan Crespo went from Parma to Lazio $53.2 million.
4. In 1999, Christian Vieri went from Lazio to Inter Milan for $48 million.
5. In 2001, Gianluigi Buffon went from Parma to Juventus for $47 million.

Arguably, premiership is the best league in the world, but why do spanish/italian league get the most expensive signings?
premiership hardley ever get big established players at the top of there game, they usually get players when they are older.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
premiership hardley ever get big established players at the top of there game, they usually get players when they are older.
very true - why do u think this is??
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
very true - why do u think this is??
not sure why?

man utd nearly got ronaldinho last season but he preferred the spanish, maybe he will come to the premiership when he is 32?
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
not sure why?

man utd nearly got ronaldinho last season but he preferred the spanish, maybe he will come to the premiership when he is 32?
ronaldinho chose la liga over the premiership cos in the spanish liga there is more skill, flair and 'proper football' .....the english game is really tough for these players - a lot more physical. so why do they come when they're older? well, maybe it's for the lucrative wage packets or maybe no other decent european team wants them. Of course, when these players are no longer wanted by english clubs, there are always the middle-eastern clubs - look at the all the old school footballers still playing there - leboeuf (he must be 40 by now!), batistuta...desailly will soon be heading out there too.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shishi nee)
ronaldinho chose la liga over the premiership cos in the spanish liga there is more skill, flair and 'proper football' .....the english game is really tough for these players - a lot more physical. so why do they come when they're older? well, maybe it's for the lucrative wage packets or maybe no other decent european team wants them. Of course, when these players are no longer wanted by english clubs, there are always the middle-eastern clubs - look at the all the old school footballers still playing there - leboeuf (he must be 40 by now!), batistuta...desailly will soon be heading out there too.
yeh definetly they come over when older for the money, but its good the premiership gets players not majorly known and they become stars of the world
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
and the best part of any made if the deal does happen will go towards Ashburton Grove, as it wasn't for the new stadium and the financial situation we wouldn't even consider the deal!
yeah, but isn't the financial situation pretty stable atm....if they have the funds for the new stadium then it would only make sense to use the majority of the money made from possible transfers to buy new players
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
FIVE MOST EXPENSIVE PLAYER TRANSFERS OF ALL TIME

1. In 2001, Zinedine Zidane went from Juventus to Real Madrid for $66.1 million.
2. In 2000, Luis Figo went from Barcelona to Real Madrid for $56 million.
3. In 2000, Hernan Crespo went from Parma to Lazio $53.2 million.
4. In 1999, Christian Vieri went from Lazio to Inter Milan for $48 million.
5. In 2001, Gianluigi Buffon went from Parma to Juventus for $47 million.

Arguably, premiership is the best league in the world, but why do spanish/italian league get the most expensive signings?
because of the boards - real are supported by the government and political parties, milan have berlusconi (italian pm and media tycoon) - most have figures like abramovich - guys with deep pokets who buy footie teams out of 'fun'.
i think the weather plays a part (actually - the weather in juve is as bad as it is here ) and lifestyle, too.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
because of the boards - real are supported by the government and political parties, milan have berlusconi (italian pm and media tycoon) - most have figures like abramovich - guys with deep pokets who buy footie teams out of 'fun'.
i think the weather plays a part (actually - the weather in juve is as bad as it is here ) and lifestyle, too.
gd points
Catharsis
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Yea and they re gonna win the Champions League with John Carew. Get real.

You re all invited to Athens in September, for the World Cup qualifiers to get a taste of the Euro cup.*

*Photos of the cup will be mailed to within 3 weeks of request*
Never claimed that high, UEFA Cup will do just fine..

Ahah we'll see..Btw it'll really be a nice game..Greek side, playing with their really efficient counter tactics, Turkish side with their overwhelming press and short passes. Well anyway East Mediterrenean rulez
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Yea it will be a great game. Below you can see the new (at least we got a decent one) Karaiskaki stadium where the game will be played.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
Yea it will be a great game. Below you can see the new (at least we got a decent one) Karaiskaki stadium where the game will be played.
nice nice
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ce/3902583.stm

lol
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
10-1 to arsenal, 2 only 1-1 for Chelsea hmm against oxford :eek: ..atleast kezzman scored
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why does Colonel Gadaffi's face remind me of Rataxes, the bad rhinoceros King, in Babar?
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Why does Colonel Gadaffi's face remind me of Rataxes, the bad rhinoceros King, in Babar?
lol
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyways :rolleyes: glad we are pretty much definitely getting drogba, apart from the expensive price tag, i think weve got a definite striker that will score consistently next season
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyways :rolleyes: glad we are pretty much definitely getting drogba, apart from the expensive price tag, i think weve got a definite striker that will score consistently next season
drogba does seem t o be a good signing.....any news on tiago - i heard he was coming over to chelski for a medical then talks broke down....?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
drogba does seem t o be a good signing.....any news on tiago - i heard he was coming over to chelski for a medical then talks broke down....?
Chelsea aren't stumping up for Benficas asking price.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont understand why we want tiago, out of all people, i hope mourniho knows
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont understand why we want tiago, out of all people, i hope mourniho knows
It's because he's racist like Wenger, and signs average players just because they're Portugese (a la Ferriera).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (181)
18.7%
Labour (496)
51.24%
Liberal Democrats (132)
13.64%
Green Party (55)
5.68%
Brexit Party (15)
1.55%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.55%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)