The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pzyko)
It's because he's racist like Wenger, and signs average players just because they're Portugese (a la Ferriera).
WHAT??? dude - get a clue! racist - my foot!! :mad:
a good team does not comprise of 25 world-class galacticos - did u not watch euro 2004? greece - a team of 'average' players won - beating teams like france and the czech rep on the way who have superstars onboard. and the two teams in the champions league final were teams with 'average' players too. so, the lesson here is - its team spirit, ethics and work - not individuals!
besides - u can hardly judge ferreira on one game - he had oone crap game for portugal and that was it - did u see him play for porto? he was outstanding
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shishi nee)
WHAT??? dude - get a clue! racist - my foot!! :mad:
a good team does not comprise of 25 world-class galacticos - did u not watch euro 2004? greece - a team of 'average' players won - beating teams like france and the czech rep on the way who have superstars onboard. and the two teams in the champions league final were teams with 'average' players too. so, the lesson here is - its team spirit, ethics and work - not individuals!
besides - u can hardly judge ferreira on one game - he had oone crap game for portugal and that was it - did u see him play for porto? he was outstanding
i think what he was meaning to say was that mourinho likes to buy portuguese, just as wenger likes to buy french (or at least that's how i interpreted it anyway)...
oh, and btw, i think he meant it as a joke
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i think what he was meaning to say was that mourinho likes to buy portuguese, just as wenger likes to buy french (or at least that's how i interpreted it anyway)...
oh, and btw, i think he meant it as a joke
oh - sorry!!! its just that i was reading another thread which had some BNP members on it and then i came on here and saw that message....i apologise!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh - sorry!!! its just that i was reading another thread which had some BNP members on it and then i came on here and saw that message....i apologise!
lol
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehe, no problem...it was quite funny reading your little rant
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
hehe, no problem...it was quite funny reading your little rant
hahahaa sorry again....but back to football!did anybody see chelski play against oxford? 1-1 - hmmmm, hope they keep up that kind of form against man u and arsenal thrashed barnet 10-1? hmmmm, i suppose anyone could really........heheheheheee!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hahahaa sorry again....but back to football!did anybody see chelski play against oxford? 1-1 - hmmmm, hope they keep up that kind of form against man u and arsenal thrashed barnet 10-1? hmmmm, i suppose anyone could really........heheheheheee!
Chelsea was tired thats our excuse! does arsenal have any excuse why they conceded a goal? :rolleyes:
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i read the match reports on both matches.....mourinho didn't seem to bothered because they were tired :rolleyes:
arsenal, on the other hand, i still can't understand...i mean oxford aren't that bad! appaarently reyes was all over the place, and scored a good hat-trick....jeffers scored a hat-trick as well, but they were the type of goals that he scores, i.e. tap-ins....bergkamp got a brace, and van persie scored a bullet
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Chelsea was tired thats our excuse! does arsenal have any excuse why they conceded a goal? :rolleyes:
yeah - are barnet even in the league?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we were tired :rolleyes:

LOL at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/3904575.stm

20 million :rolleyes:
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we were tired :rolleyes:

LOL at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/3904575.stm

20 million :rolleyes:
carvalho for 20 million???okay, he had a good tournament but still....sheesh! quite a bit for a defender - but real need all the defenders they can get (last season proved it). why dont they go for jorge andrade instead - he had an absolute blinder of a tournament. god - would that make him the most expensive defender in the world?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
carvalho for 20 million???okay, he had a good tournament but still....sheesh! quite a bit for a defender - but real need all the defenders they can get (last season proved it). why dont they go for jorge andrade instead - he had an absolute blinder of a tournament. god - would that make him the most expensive defender in the world?
well real has already bought walter samuel for 13 million or something. they dont need that man more defenders!
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well real has already bought walter samuel for 13 million or something. they dont need that man more defenders!
real have an ageing team - how many over-30s do they have? figo, zidane, carlos, salgado...helguera is not a natural defender - that guy scores more own goals than wes brown . truth is real does not have any 'defender' defenders - all of them love to attack and show off their party tricks - and the ageing midfielders dont bother tracking oppostion players back.....hey, whats this i hear about juve going in for sol campbell?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/3852989.stm

24.5 million...ouch, even when there is relatively little competition for him...thats worrying
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rio?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pzyko)
Rio?
yea, btw how much was walter samuel? from wherever to roma? that was one of the most expensive
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea, btw how much was walter samuel? from wherever to roma? that was one of the most expensive
I don't know
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if anyones interested this shows the world record transfers:

http://endlesssoccer.tripod.com/tran..._transfers.htm
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if anyones interested this shows the world record transfers:

http://endlesssoccer.tripod.com/tran..._transfers.htm
I thought Arsenal only paid 19m for Reyes? Based on his performances for chelsea last season you could put a decimal point in the 34 m lazio paid for crespo and it would still be too expensive
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ahh ok most expensive defenders its ferdinand, then nesta and thuram, then stam, then walter
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise