The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Former Chelsea favourite Franck Leboeuf is backing new Blues signing Didier Drogba to be make as big an impact on the Premiership as Thierry Henry.

Leboeuf remembers being impressed when he first saw Drogba play for minnows Guingamp at Marseille.

He told The Sun: "I was injured and watching in the stands and I thought I was watching Henry out on the pitch.

"I thought 'he runs like Thierry, he has the pace of Thierry and he plays with a smile like Thierry'."

Drogba said: "It is very hard for me to leave Marseille, I feel very sad.

"This is a club I will always love and maybe I will come back one day as a player.

"But first of all I must boost my career even though I will never forget that I was transferred to Chelsea thanks to Marseille.

"What convinced me to join Chelsea is they really showed they wanted me, and that counts a lot. I'll do my best for them now."
wtf? hes better than Henry :rolleyes:
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Leboeuf)
I thought I was watching Henry out on the pitch.
Leboeuf needs glasses! :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Leboeuf needs glasses! :rolleyes:
good 1 :rolleyes:
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ruud wont be goin anywhere, cus Holland aren't competing at football in the Olympics. *phew*

Good Job aswell!!
Thank god!!

drogba is better than henry?well , we'll soon find out - i'll be glad if he is - henry's ego is just huge - he is supposed to be the best thing that has ever graced the premiership and then struggles to make a mark in major tournaments (world cup 2002, euro 2004..)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shishi nee)
Thank god!!

drogba is better than henry?well , we'll soon find out - i'll be glad if he is - henry's ego is just huge - he is supposed to be the best thing that has ever graced the premiership and then struggles to make a mark in major tournaments (world cup 2002, euro 2004..)
yea sometimes he looks like hes got a big ego, but i do like strikers that are abit 'arrogant' :cool:
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/3907833.stm
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that comment in that box on the page says shearer and kluivert are the best partnership in the premiership! thats abit of ann assumption !!
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
that comment in that box on the page says shearer and kluivert are the best partnership in the premiership! thats abit of ann assumption !!
It's assuming that Kluivert will actually ever be good again for one thing.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
yea sometimes he looks like hes got a big ego, but i do like strikers that are abit 'arrogant' :cool:
Yeah, but there is a thin line between Confident and Overly Arrogant (E.g How dare Celtic offer me a trial ~ Rivaldo).
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, but there is a thin line between Confident and Overly Arrogant (E.g How dare Celtic offer me a trial ~ Rivaldo).
did rivaldo actually say that or did his agent say that?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
did rivaldo actually say that or did his agent say that?
The agent said that Rivaldo was insulted by the offer.

"'How dare Martin O'Neill ask Rivaldo to go for a trial in America. That is an insult to my client and to football. What kind of mentality is that? Big-name players will not be attracted to Celtic if that is O'Neill's attitude. People will be crying tears of laughter when they hear Celtic wanted to take Rivaldo on trial. My client has been one of the best players in the world for many years and I don't think he needs to play some friendly games in order to prove himself."
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The agent said that Rivaldo was insulted by the offer.

"'How dare Martin O'Neill ask Rivaldo to go for a trial in America. That is an insult to my client and to football. What kind of mentality is that? Big-name players will not be attracted to Celtic if that is O'Neill's attitude. People will be crying tears of laughter when they hear Celtic wanted to take Rivaldo on trial.My client has been one of the best players in the world for many years and I don't think he needs to play some friendly games in order to prove himself."
well rivaldo didnt say that, so doesnt proove anything about Rivaldo
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
well rivaldo didnt say that, so doesnt proove anything about Rivaldo
Rivaldo employs his agent. The agent does what Rivaldo tells him to. The agents actions shine a light on Rivaldo. The agent would have consulted Rivaldo on the decision. The agent said Rivaldo was insulted by the offer. The agent basically portrayed the thoughts of Rivaldo.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rivaldo employs his agent. The agent does what Rivaldo tells him to. The agents actions shine a light on Rivaldo. The agent would have consulted Rivaldo on the decision. Hence those were th opinions of Rivaldo!
well you cant prove it
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
well you cant prove it
Let me just phone up Rivaldo and ask him then. :cool: :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Let me just phone up Rivaldo and ask him then. :cool: :rolleyes:
lol ok
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur are the best team in the world!
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no :mad:
Brazil is!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kriztinae)
no :mad:
Brazil is!
hey sugarpudding, whats up?
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You said it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise