This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yep.

I wasn't taking pleasure from your misery btw! I was taking pleasure in the fact that Man U have now got a much better chance at the tital!
Wooo wouldn't go that far! Man utd still aren't a team of well gelled superstars, I can't see them winning the premiership next seaon. It is Chelsea that will give us a serious run for the title
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
WTF??? Didn't get a word of that my dear!
Dum dee dum. If Vieira leaves will Henry leave? And Campbell? :eek:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dunno, wasn't there a fire alarm in the middle of the hearing?!
LOL! I'm still undecided as to whether he will still be england manager by the end of the year
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Dum dee dum. If Vieira leaves will Henry leave? And Campbell? :eek:
No! There will be no grand exodus
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
LOL! I'm still undecided as to whether he will still be england manager by the end of the year
I hope he isn't!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hope he isn't!
Why not (except for fowards) he has selected a really good team, a team which I thought were good enough to win Euro 2004....well with a few changes here and there and tatically speaking he did very well
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kuz)
Why not (except for fowards) he has selected a really good team, a team which I thought were good enough to win Euro 2004....well with a few changes here and there and tatically speaking he did very well
His team selection was okay! But i don't like the style of play he imposes on the team!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
His team selection was pretty good. But i don't like the style of play he imposes on the team!
I no its an english team and in most ppls eyes they should immediatley favour the 4-4-2 formation....However I am of the belief that the diamond formation is a good formation, much better than the 4-4-2 which is just to old school and leads to no real flexibility in midfield. The only query about his team selection was not including defoe...but hey everyone wonders that
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kuz)
I no its an english team and in most ppls eyes they should immediatley favour the 4-4-2 formation....However I am of the belief that the diamond formation is a good formation, much better than the 4-4-2 which is just to old school and leads to no real flexibility in midfield. The only query about his team selection was not including defoe...but hey everyone wonders that
I don't mind all that formation crap! Though 4-4-2 is way better!
The diamond just doesn't have enough width and with the midfielders we have it forces some people into roles they don't enjoy.

I meant I didn't like the general style of play he imposes on the team. How they conduct themselves in different situations etc.

Plus team selection isn't a hard job! So i expected him to do a good job in that! And for the squad he actually made batty choices.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Nooooo he selected his team badly. He doesn't have the guts to drop under-performing players, in fact he said about a year into the job that he'd never drop Beckham, Owen, Scholes or Gerrard. You can't manage a team like that. Similarly after King had had a good match against France then Terry had looked weak against Sweden, he played Terry against Croatia. He's intimidated by big names. I think he'll go, probably to be replace by McClaren.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Nooooo he selected his team badly. He doesn't have the guts to drop under-performing players, in fact he said about a year into the job that he'd never drop Beckham, Owen, Scholes or Gerrard. You can't manage a team like that. Similarly after King had had a good match against France then Terry had looked weak against Sweden, he played Terry against Croatia. He's intimidated by big names. I think he'll go, probably to be replace by McClaren.
I still beleive that on the whole that he managed to select a good team. However I firmly believe that he has seen the great turnabouts in favour other england managers have faced, and in addition to this him being foreign, he feels like he has to work doubly hard to gain public favours to reamin in his job. That is why David Beckham is captain and Micheal Owen vice, as these two, are two of the most popular players on the england side. Its obvious that a more senior member of the squad like Sol Campbell or G. Neville should have been offered the captaincy over them both, as they both have more present for the job, especially Micheal Owen. This favouring of public favour extends also to his team selection, like you said the terry / king thing. At the end of the day he choose terry as he is more in public favour, and there would be less eyebrows raised by playing Terry in front of King despite recent form.
I agree if Sven does go he will be replaced by McClaren, who I think would be an excellent manager. But I know Sven can do the job...just as long as he stops his private life getting involved in the job!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
About time we thought Sven should go, I've thought it ever since our rather pathetic exit from Jap-Kor 2002. A manager who can't inspire a fight from his team when times are hard is not a manager worthy of the England job. The trouble is, is there a worthy successor available?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
About time we thought Sven should go, I've thought it ever since our rather pathetic exit from Jap-Kor 2002. A manager who can't inspire a fight from his team when times are hard is not a manager worthy of the England job. The trouble is, is there a worthy successor available?
Martin O'Neill . He loves the English he does. Or maybe not.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yeah i agree with that. I think we should try and get Old Bobby back.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah i agree with that. I think we should try and get Old Bobby back.
Lol.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/3931181.stm

Its looking slightly more hopeful for the Arsenal camp in regards to Vieira!
Especially after all the press speculation yesterday!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Its looking slightly more hopeful for the Arsenal camp in regards to Vieira!
Especially after all the press speculation yesterday!
Told you it was speculation
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Vieira to Madrid", they say it every summer. But the Real board aren't ever brave enough to take any sort of positive action, and Vieira isn't brave enough to leave and try his hand in Spain.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
"Vieira to Madrid", they say it every summer. But the Real board aren't ever brave enough to take any sort of positive action, and Vieira isn't brave enough to leave and try his hand in Spain.
Yeah, though the manager or the president (can't remember which) said he would make the club's big signing on the last day of the transfer window!
God knows why, maybe he hopes all the speculation will lower his price!

Anyway...again Wenger denies the talk!

m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
now looks even more likely than before:

i'm still not totally convinced yet...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.75%
Labour (158)
49.38%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.06%
Green Party (20)
6.25%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.94%
SNP (7)
2.19%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)