The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Josh75077)
Sorry dude I thought soccer was a girls game.
Soccer in your country is!...Football over here, so aint!
Josh75077
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Soccer in your country is!...Football over here, so aint!
Isnt soccer a game where you kick a ball between a team of 11 except the goal keeper who can pick it up?

This would therefore be the same as what y'all are talking about. In which case there aint no difference.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Isnt soccer a game where you kick a ball between a team of 11 except the goal keeper who can pick it up?

This would therefore be the same as what y'all are talking about. In which case there aint no difference.
Soccer (as you and your fellow country men like to call it), the one and only football as it should be called...is not just a game we play over here...its a state of mind a passion...and because American soccer contains none of the two latter it will never be the same as the British football
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Football in your country is so bloody slow - all the tactics and plays never allow the game to flow - Rugby kicks ass by comparison and Football to us is a worldwide sport - hence the 'world' cup - your 'world' series in Baseball - who is that between? :confused:
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On a side, I've always wondered why we don't have the 4th official stopping the watch if a player goes down injured or there is tiem wasting, so that we can have a full 90min match. At the mo we get some randomly generated amount of extra time, and also the ref can blow whenever they want to rather than stopping at the exact time.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maybe not for every stoppage but for example if a player is injured and down for 5mins. The bit I hate is when the ref waits and waits and waits to finish the game and goes over their own 'injury time'.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Save Claudio!

http://www.saveclaudio.co.uk

Spread the word, especially to Chelsea fans!
Wow that's a great site. Nice to see Chelsea fans backing him - def gone up in my estimation of them . Ranieri is a good bloke and he's seems very determined to do a good job there. The newspaper and the board should stop all this nonsense and back him. I particularly liek the fact that their are so many young English players in the Chelsea team, as distant cry from a few years ago, or even recently from some teams like Bolton. Don't get me wrong, foreign players are excellent too and we can learn a lot, but it's nice to see a successful English players in a good team; bodes well for England!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone watchin the premiership. I havent missed the man united game have i, cus i just tuned in havin been watchin nip/tuck. PLease say i havent missed it.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
No its on now.
Yep just watched it.
Despite Saha's goal i don't think he played that well.
But Ronaldo looked good.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yep just watched it.
Despite Saha's goal i don't think he played that well.
But Ronaldo looked good.
You're right, Saha was awful.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Surely you don't mean that atrocious haircut?
lol, is pretty atrocious isn't it, someone shud tell him. NAh i meant his football looked good, but i'm sure u know that.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I watched Chelsea though, they had a few chances they should have put away, but its not important anyway.
why isnt it important :confused:
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
why isnt it important :confused:
cos even if they had converted their chances, arsenal would have still won the league...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
cos even if they had converted their chances, arsenal would have still won the league...
thats not true :eek:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I didn't watch that game, I usually watch the show on Sky Sports on a sunday morning, they have more footage.

I watched Chelsea though, they had a few chances they should have put away, but its not important anyway.

I'm thinking about tomorrow's Newcastle-Arsenal game vis a vis a wager. Arsenal will win if they put their mind to it, but how much do they really to put themselves out? It could end up being a draw. I'm fairly sure Newcastle won't win.
I reckon 2-1 to newcastle or 1-1. Arsenal will want to win, But Bobby knows his tactics.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I reckon 2-1 to newcastle or 1-1. Arsenal will want to win, But Bobby knows his tactics.
i hope arsenal is abit tired from fridays game ..
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
thats not true :eek:
you dont think so?? arsenal's only 'hard' fixture is newcastle tomorrow. had you won today's match, arsenal would have been 4 points clear WITH a game in hand AND chelsea must still come to fortress old trafford
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
you dont think so?? arsenal's only 'hard' fixture is newcastle tomorrow. had you won today's match, arsenal would have been 4 points clear WITH a game in hand AND chelsea must still come to fortress old trafford
Yeah wat chance do Chelsea have at the fortress
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea have a pretty good record at old trafford, or is that the 'theatre of dreams'? :rolleyes:
that's it show some respect nah i cant see them doing much- united will be up for it as it will probably decide the outcome of who gets 2nd place
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Tactics or not, Arsenal aren't unbeaten in the league for no reason; I just can't see Newcastle winning, especially with Arsenal out of the other competitions, all they have to play for is the spectacular achievement of being unbeaten in the league.
I reckon they will still play poorly, they were lucky to beat liverpool.(Houllier really should have told his defence when Henry's runnin at u, ya dont back off!!!) And Arsenal are bound to be really tired after all these games. So i reckon newcastle, who generally do well against Arsenal, have got a good chance. Hopefully
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)