The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I did the same when I reached 999 posts I kept it like that for 3/4 days then celebrated (unwillingly may I add in this thread) here
okay, i think i will do the same
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Rennes. I mean, Wiltord isn't exactly the best player on the world, but he could be a lot of help on the youth training level.
yeah, he has got a european championship, a couple premier leagues and a couple FA cups under his belt after all :rolleyes: (was he in frances's world cup winning team?- i don't think he was)
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
okay, as promised, this is my 1000th post....i wanted to put it off for something a bit more 'special', but i felt too much pressure on myself- so yay for me :rolleyes:
unfortunately, i have no idea what to say....
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
okay, as promised, this is my 1000th post....i wanted to put it off for something a bit more 'special', but i felt too much pressure on myself- so yay for me :rolleyes:
unfortunately, i have no idea what to say....
Yay! Sorry this is not coming from a regular in this thread but anyway. Congrats!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dinkymints)
Yay! Sorry this is not coming from a regular in this thread but anyway. Congrats!
why thankyou
i don't really care who congratulates me, as long as someone does.....no-one remembered my 1yr anniversary (including me )....
anyway, it's nothing special, esp with the post counts you see nowadays
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
why thankyou
i don't really care who congratulates me, as long as someone does.....no-one remembered my 1yr anniversary (including me )....
anyway, it's nothing special, esp with the post counts you see nowadays
Sorry. Happy belated 1 year anniversary.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Sorry. Happy belated 1 year anniversary.
no need to be sorry, as i said, i forgot as well...
it's strange, you registered 10 days before me, and we've been here for well over a year, and with over 5000 posts between us, it's the first time i've really talked to you :confused:
anyway, thanks
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
curbishley for england!
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
curbishley for england!
Herehere, most underated manager in the premiership by a long way!
85ah11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Patrick Vieira has no desire to leave Arsenal, according to a close confidante of the player.

Vieira tipped to stay

Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Patrick Vieira has no desire to leave Arsenal, according to a close confidante of the player.

Vieira tipped to stay

Yippeee, yippeeee, yippeeeeee!
It sounds like he might stay after all. It was really sweet what he said about wanting to buy arsenal, and funny when he said that there was so much fuss about him going to madrid when he went to visit his friend's baby. Whatever happens, Viera is arsenal through and through, as is Henry.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Herehere, most underated manager in the premiership by a long way!

no way is he under rated, everyone always creams over him but when it comes down to it he has no big club experience and has never won anything. The lack of good english coaches is worrying
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
no way is he under rated, everyone always creams over him but when it comes down to it he has no big club experience and has never won anything. The lack of good english coaches is worrying
You cannot blame him for having no big club experience, although he has done well with Charlton, you cannot seriously expect them to compete except for minor cups each season unless they get substantially better funding and fanbase. It is the big 5's desire for immediate success and proven managers that is holding back progress - i think a move to newcastle when bobby robson dies would be a good opportunity to try and prove himself in at least a competitive environment.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
You cannot blame him for having no big club experience, although he has done well with Charlton, you cannot seriously expect them to compete except for minor cups each season unless they get substantially better funding and fanbase. It is the big 5's desire for immediate success and proven managers that is holding back progress - i think a move to newcastle when bobby robson dies would be a good opportunity to try and prove himself in at least a competitive environment.
lol 'when bobby dies' lol

anyway, wasnt blaming curbs for his lack of experience, just saying he needs a bigger club before he can be considered for the National side
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
lol 'when bobby dies' lol

anyway, wasnt blaming curbs for his lack of experience, just saying he needs a bigger club before he can be considered for the National side
he will get his chance soon and then he will show the world!
btw he won the division 1 title
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Curbishley may grow too comfortable in his berth at Charlton and lose the ability to improve as a manager if he doesn't find a bigger club. But I think he wants to make Charlton a bigger club rather than to go get employed by one, which is both admirable and feasible. He and the board have transformed Charlton's fortunes and he has proven himself as a great club manager. But management of a national team is another ball game. If we are going to speak of a successor to Sven it may be wiser to go for McClaren who has already been heavily involved with the England camp and is himself a very good manager.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Steve McClaren still has a lot to learn. He's even more tactically naive than Sven. Don't think Steve Gibson would let him go either mind, thats if the FA were interested.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone see rommadahl play he was on fire! he could be buy of the season in the premiership

ps: any other charlton fans left on ukl since tinykates has left?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sven keeps his job!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh, and chats, I think you and tk were the only Charlton fans in the world, never mind this forum.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.26%
Labour (440)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.49%
Green Party (49)
5.65%
Brexit Party (13)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.73%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)