The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal continue where they left off last season-with a win. 1 more win or draw to break the unbeaten run record. Come on Arsenal!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Arsenal continue where they left off last season-with a win. 1 more win or draw to break the unbeaten run record. Come on Arsenal!
Come on you Boro!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Come on you Boro!
Quiksilver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i wish Forlan would learn how to play football / kill himself
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quiksilver)
i wish Forlan would learn how to play football / kill himself
LMAO!!!!!!!
The later is the only option really.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LMAO!!!!!!!

The later is the only option really.
yes, i'd even volunteer to do it
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
yes, i'd even volunteer to do it
Cool.

He was the start of everything wrong with United.
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cool.

He was the start of everything wrong with United.
once we get our good players back, im sure we'll be back to form.
Chelsea on the other hand looked terrible on sunday - and they had a full squad to choose from :eek:
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea on the other hand looked terrible on sunday - and they had a full squad to choose from :eek:
They were missing all 3 of their playmakers in Duff, Robben and Cole . Tiago's also injured.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yeah but Chelski do need time to gel. Plus Mourinhos tactics will cause them to win a lot of matches 1-0. Not fancy football but I suspect more often than not will get the job done.

I hope we will be back to form. We weren't anything special at the end of last season though.
But Ronaldo keeps getting better and better. Pretty much won Portugal their match against Morocco single handedly. Also Ferdinand will be back soon. He makes a crazyly large difference to the team!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zapsta)
They were missing all 3 of their playmakers in Duff, Robben and Cole . Tiago's also injured.
They can only ever really play 1 of them anyway. Isn't Tiago at the Olympics?
PLus Man utd situation is a lot lot worse than Chelsea's so don't even start!
Quiksilver
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh ... be quiet
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They can only ever play 1 of them anyway. Isn't Tiago at the Olympics.
PLus Man utd situation is a lot lot worse than Chelsea's so don't even start!
Well, they could play all 3 if they wanted to (Duff left, Robben right, Cole central for example), but my point was that Mourinho didn't have any playmaker available. Tiago was supposed to be going to the Olympics but he's injured so couldn't.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Well, they could play all 3 if they wanted to (Duff left, Robben right, Cole central for example),
If they wanted to be idiots. Really they could have only fitted in one of them on the left.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If they wanted to be idiots. Really they could have only fitted in one of them on the left.
Cole isn't a left winger though. In a 4-4-2 they both could have played. In a diamond I admit that it probably would be wise to play only one of them at the head, but it would be pretty easy to come up with a system to fit 2 or more of them in.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Cole isn't a left winger though. In a 4-4-2 they both could have played. In a diamond I admit that it probably would be wise to play only one of them at the head, but it would be pretty easy to come up with a system to fit 2 or more of them in.
It would be easy to come up with a system yes. But they have better players for the other positions. So it would be stupid putting more than one of them in the team.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would be easy to come up with a system yes. But they have better players for the other positions. So it would be stupid putting more than one of them in the team.
Cole I don't rate, but if Robben is anywhere near as good as he showed himself to be in his first two matches for Holland in Euro 2004 then it will be very difficult for Mourinho to choose between him and Duff, and I would not be surprised at all to see them both on the pitch at the same time at some point.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Cole I don't rate, but if Robben is anywhere near as good as he showed himself to be in his first two matches for Holland in Euro 2004 then it will be very difficult for Mourinho to choose between him and Duff, and I would definitely not be surprised to see them both on the pitch at the same time.
Maybe...You might be able to squeeze two of them into the team. But I don't think Mourinho is the type of manager that would want to squeeze in players. He wants a player who is specifically suited to their place in the line-up. Plus i think Chelsea have enough players already without having to make some play out of position. Also You have to allow for Duff to be injured. Imagine if it was championship manager, he would obviously have 20 injury proneness. And this is just part of his package.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
I think Bath City are the team to look out for this season.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Maybe...You might be able to squeeze two of them into the team. But I don't think Mourinho is the type of manager that would want to squeeze in players. He wants a player who is specifically suited to their place in the line-up. Plus i think Chelsea have enough players already without having to make some play out of position. Also You have to allow for Duff to be injured. Imagine if it was championship manager, he would obviously have 20 injury proneness. And this is just part of his package.
It wouldn't be playing out of position at all. Mourinho's desired formation is apparently 4-3-3 with two players dropping off a main striker. Both Duff and Robben would relish the role of playing behind a striker. Even in a 4-4-2, Duff would be perfectly willing to play in the middle, and in a diamond Robben could play on the left, albeit both tactics would leave them somewhat lightweight in midfield. But if your choosing between Robben and Geremi or Duff and Geremi (i.e. the player most likely to keep one of them out of the team) you're going to pick the former on both occasions, so if playing both Robben and Duff can work, that's what Mourinho will do.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.76%
Labour (542)
51.62%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.43%
Green Party (58)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.38%
UKIP (11)
1.05%
Other (11)
1.05%
None (37)
3.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise