The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I suspect you want Arsenal to lose purely out of spite!
yes
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
It winds me up when sycophants insist on calling Man U's stadium the theatre of dreams. No, its called old trafford. Maybe Arsenal should call their new ground 'utopia of god-like football' :rolleyes:
Maybe they should, its got a nice ring to it.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I suspect you want Arsenal to lose purely out of spite!
I dont want Arsenal to lose, i just reckon they will .
(I am too powerful a being to be affected by such small matters such as spite)
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Of course I forget you're a completely unbiased and impartial Man U fan :rolleyes:
Indeed i am; i sense the stereotypical view that others have towards united fans in ur statement
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
It being a stereotypical view implies its generally true!
:rolleyes:
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It being a stereotypical view implies its generally true!
I agree - But why do many people 4get this?

I mean, they say things like "you're just stereotyping", but you have to think, why is it stereotyped then if in general it isn't true?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
More to the point, why have you started using that avatar as its bloody confusing?
incredibly...
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
I agree - But why do many people 4get this?

I mean, they say things like "you're just stereotyping", but you have to think, why is it stereotyped then if in general it isn't true?
I disagree, stereotyping is normally from misinformed views, subject only to a minority of the group.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I disagree, stereotyping is normally from misinformed views, subject only to a minority of the group.
Only certain ones, the majority of stereotypes are widely used and considered generally true.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
Only certain ones, the majority of stereotypes are widely used and considered generally true.
But a stereotype cannot be subjected to an individual, because everyone is different. "Generally True" - they are not generally true, they can possibly be applied to the group as a whole as they probably make up the largest minority of the group, but a stereotype can not be applied to an individual on there own. (when there is no one to back them up )
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But a stereotype cannot be subjected to an individual, because everyone is different. "Generally True" - they are not generally true, they can possibly be applied to the group as a whole as they probably make up the largest minority of the group, but a stereotype can not be applied to an individual on there own. (when there is no one to back them up )
im abit confused with the application of stereotyping myself - is arsenal is gay or arsenal = french stereotyping?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its a combination of points that describe a group most generally; although it may never describe any individual in that group accurately, it holds for the group as seen as a gestalt entity. Or something.

Now back to football please chaps!
LOL, Man City's equaliser with 10 seconds left. Dave Jones was gleaming with joy as he was seconds away from Wolves first victory ever, and that guy scores for City. Quality.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
LOL, Man City's equaliser with 10 seconds left. Dave Jones was gleaming with joy as he was seconds away from Wolves first victoruy ever, and that guy scores for City. Quality.
im happy for man c tbh they are a MUCH better side than wolves
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWolf)
im happy for man c tbh they are a MUCH better side than wolves
Im still amazed Anelka is only 25 (or maybe 26 now) , he has dun it all!!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rodney Marsh was the funniest on Soccer Saturday. He said "oh what a terrlble waste... oh wait HE'S SCORED!". I suppose you had to be there, it was rather amusing.
I was taking the mick out of him today, as he was having orgasms when commentating on Soccer Saturday.
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I was taking the mick out of him today, as he was having orgasms when commentating on Soccer Saturday.
seriously ??!! how can u literally have orgasms while commentating ? strange .. id quite like to see that ... well hear it anyway ... u know what i mean.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rodney Marsh is gr8 to laugh at. Anyone seen his website?! I hate the way he either likes your team or hates them; mostly the teams he likes are either the big ones or the ones he used to play for!
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im still amazed Anelka is only 25 (or maybe 26 now) , he has dun it all!!
Just turned 25 last month- he is EXACTLY 8 years older than me! He has a transfer fee total to rival that of Ronaldo and Crespo having been shoved around 4/5 different clubs. I think Real paid £22m for him :eek:
Liverpool should have kept him after the loan; Anelka and Owen upfront would have been a great partnership idiots!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He has been given amazingly bad press in the past. Can't imagine an English player being given the same treatment.
He was quite arrogant in his youth but he is playing well for Man C now.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
Just turned 25 last month- he is EXACTLY 8 years older than me! He has a transfer fee total to rival that of Ronaldo and Crespo having been shoved around 4/5 different clubs. I think Real paid £22m for him :eek:
Liverpool should have kept him after the loan; Anelka and Owen upfront would have been a great partnership idiots!
It is amazing how many good clubs he has been at and then moved on from. I think he was Real's first big money signing in this era (eventhough he only played like 10 games for them).

Anyone been watchin the perugia - inter game. 1-0 to inter. Good game Perugia deserve to be leadin, Ravenelli shud have got a couple! Adriano playin for Inter is incredible (i thought he played for parma, when did Inter sign him?), his goal was wicked and his technique is suberb. I think he will be the next Ronaldo (looks a bit like ronaldo, but just less tubby!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.62%
Labour (548)
51.8%
Liberal Democrats (142)
13.42%
Green Party (58)
5.48%
Brexit Party (15)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)