The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Sky like to be 'on a winner'. Whoever's dominating the game they will kiss the arses of, so as to appeal to the masses of glory hunters, in kind of the same was as The Sun always champions whoever they think is going to win the next general election. It extends from subtle remarks made (or not made) by the commentators (and that monkey Keys) to very selective use of replays and camera angles.
What about MOTD?

They ripped Spurs apart last week unjustfiably last week, using selective replays and camera angles and completely biased Hansen/Lawrensen views towards Liverpool.

Then when we won yesterday - thjere was no analysis, and like last week, Lineker has to use some of his Spurs bias to point out Spurs played well and they were good results.

That is poor - they need to balance their analysis out, and try to be a bit more objective.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Ooh i got a wicked 5 points in prem proph this week :cool:
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Paddy Berger's screamer against Charlton yesterday - surely it will be a contender for goal of the season come May. Just a shame for him that they still lost.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Paddy Berger's screamer against Charlton yesterday - surely it will be a contender for goal of the season come May. Just a shame for him that they still lost.
Yes, it has been mentioned on the previous page.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal 5 -3 Middlesbrough

My fantasy football team had 3 defenders playing in this match today -

At least one of them was Franck Queudrue.....(best player ever)
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
At least one of them was Franck Queudrue.....(best player ever)
LOL.

Our left back's better than yours!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
What about MOTD?

They ripped Spurs apart last week unjustfiably last week, using selective replays and camera angles and completely biased Hansen/Lawrensen views towards Liverpool.

Then when we won yesterday - thjere was no analysis, and like last week, Lineker has to use some of his Spurs bias to point out Spurs played well and they were good results.

That is poor - they need to balance their analysis out, and try to be a bit more objective.
Rumour has it that Lineker and Hansen had a bit of a brawl after his unfair slating of Spurs last week, so he intentionally moved things on quickly after the match this week so he couldn't do the same again (or requested for there to be no analysis, however you'd go about shutting Alan Hansen up)
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Rumour has it that Lineker and Hansen had a bit of a brawl after his unfair slating of Spurs last week, so he intentionally moved things on quickly after the match this week so he couldn't do the same again (or requested for there to be no analysis, however you'd go about shutting Alan Hansen up)
And then they showed that video of Hansen's poor defending!

LOL!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And then they showed that video of Hnsen's poor defending!

LOL!
And brought up 'can't win anything with kids' for no real reason
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Yes, it has been mentioned on the previous page.
Hehe, sorry, I had a quick scan and searched for 'Berger' but nothing came up
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
And brought up 'can't win anything with kids' for no real reason
LOL.

Good old Lineker!

Schmeichel was good yesterday too.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL.

Good old Lineker!

Schmeichel was good yesterday too.
I know :eek:. I couldn't believe it. Ever since he ended Eriksson on Football Focus just before Euro 2004, he's been a changed pundit (for the better ).
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hehe, sorry, I had a quick scan and searched for 'Berger' but nothing came up
Oops.

Look on page 275 - it's about halfway down the page.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Oops.

Look on page 275 - it's about halfway down the page.
Hehe, yeah I found it after trawling through - it didn't come up because it said "Berger's" as opposed to "Berger". Oh well. Still, great goal though.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hehe, yeah I found it after trawling through - it didn't come up because it said "Berger's" as opposed to "Berger". Oh well. Still, great goal though.
goal was great and smiths wasnt bad either
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fair enough, I stand corrected. Look forward to MotD's take on the match tonight after Sky's completely biased coverage.
WTF??!

That was officially the most biased piece of commentary AND punditry I have ever seen in my life. They never mentioned us once at all after the match and Jonathan Pierce throughout the game nearly had a heartattack every time Arsenal scored and could only bring him self to say 'that was against the run of play' when we scored. I can't believe they never mentioned us once....
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Sturrock has left the building....
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WTF??!

That was officially the most biased piece of commentary AND punditry I have ever seen in my life. They never mentioned us once at all after the match and Jonathan Pierce throughout the game nearly had a heartattack every time Arsenal scored and could only bring him self to say 'that was against the run of play' when we scored. I can't believe they never mentioned us once....
Well when you came out in the 2nd half, I can't decide whether you wer attackin well to score your 2 goals or whether it was just pur dogdiness at the back on our part. I would go for the latter. But if you don't like the commentry I suppose you can always listen to the fanzone commentry, it can be really funny sometimes.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well when you came out in the 2nd half, I can't decide whether you wer attackin well to score your 2 goals or whether it was just pur dogdiness at the back on our part. I would go for the latter. But if you don't like the commentry I suppose you can always listen to the fanzone commentry, it can be really funny sometimes.
My friend was on it yesterday, but alas, I don't have Sky's interactive capabilities - damn you NTL. He's been on it before as well.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My friend was on it yesterday, but alas, I don't have Sky's interactive capabilities - damn you NTL. He's been on it before as well.
Lol! Wikkid! How did he get too do it? I'd love to do it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (183)
18.67%
Labour (501)
51.12%
Liberal Democrats (134)
13.67%
Green Party (55)
5.61%
Brexit Party (15)
1.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.41%
UKIP (10)
1.02%
Other (10)
1.02%
None (37)
3.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise