The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
It is amazing how many good clubs he has been at and then moved on from. I think he was Real's first big money signing in this era (eventhough he only played like 10 games for them).
He played 18 games but only scored 2 goals for Real.

Anyone been watchin the perugia - inter game. 1-0 to inter. Good game Perugia deserve to be leadin, Ravenelli shud have got a couple! Adriano playin for Inter is incredible (i thought he played for parma, when did Inter sign him?), his goal was wicked and his technique is suberb. I think he will be the next Ronaldo (looks a bit like ronaldo, but just less tubby!)
Adriano was signed by Inter in 2000 but has spent time at Parma on loan.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Huntroyde, it's your birthday on Wednesday!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Huntroyde, it's your birthday on Wednesday!
Indeed it is. I will be buying my lottery ticket - it's a double roll-over.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Indeed it is. I will be buying my lottery ticket - it's a double roll-over.
You're going to be a millionaire!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Adriano was signed by Inter in 2000 but has spent time at Parma on loan.
U sure? Just checked on cm ( i know u cant always trust this). In cm4 it says he plays for parma. In Cm 03/04 it says he is co-owned by both teams.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
U sure? Just checked on cm ( i know u cant always trust this). In cm4 it says he plays for parma. In Cm 03/04 it says he is co-owned by both teams.
Oh, maybe they did co-ownership instead, but I know that he didn't leave Inter completely.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He seems like a player who plays well if he's in the mood. He needs to be nurtured and made to feel wanted otherwise he'll go in a strop and not bother .
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I imagine I would be the same if I was rich enough to never have to do a stroke of work again in my life!
I saw this page and immediately assumed you were talking about Anelka...
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
His reputation precedes him.

He wouldn't have been pilloried anywhere near so much if he had in fact been a crap player, rather than an excellent one.
I would say he'd still want to perform with his international ambitions, even though the situation looks hard. Henry is a certainty for France, his partner would be one of Treseguet, Cisse, Wiltord (?), Saha, Anelka etc....
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its amazing the wealth of talent France have at their disposal. Even as relatively decent a player Kanoute is, he couldn't get a sniff of international football for France. I can't imagine how England will beat France, as their players are inferior in most positions.
If only we could "import" players from our former colonies like they do...

I'd imagine if everyone did that Portugal and Spain would be the world's best.

Hey we still have decent full-backs :rolleyes:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We would not do that as we as a nation have an aversion for sports people not born on these islands. We tolerate Hargreaves, but can you imagine anyone putting up with a whole team full?
We'll accept them only if they're a roaring success or have a remote chance of being so. I would say Lennox Lewis but he was a Bethnal Green lad, wahey...
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
It is amazing how many good clubs he has been at and then moved on from. I think he was Real's first big money signing in this era (eventhough he only played like 10 games for them).

Anyone been watchin the perugia - inter game. 1-0 to inter. Good game Perugia deserve to be leadin, Ravenelli shud have got a couple! Adriano playin for Inter is incredible (i thought he played for parma, when did Inter sign him?), his goal was wicked and his technique is suberb. I think he will be the next Ronaldo (looks a bit like ronaldo, but just less tubby!)
Wikced game it was. 3-2 inter in the end. Perugia were 2-1 up with 5 mins left.
But they were pinned back by adriano with a nice finish, and then 2 minutes l8r, martins on a 3 against 1 fot inter took it round the keeper and scored. Great stuff. Poor perugia, they thought they were gunna win and then got nothing.

Hopefully another good game now! Come on u newcastle (this is not out of spite against Arsenal ) Umm i just like newcastle
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone else hear how Leverkusen thumped Kaiserslautern 6-0?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just thought I'd mention that Arsenal have dropped Bergkamp and Pires for the game at St James', which is going on as we speak...
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wikced game it was. 3-2 inter in the end. Perugia were 2-1 up with 5 mins left.
But they were pinned back by adriano with a nice finish, and then 2 minutes l8r, martins on a 3 against 1 fot inter took it round the keeper and scored. Great stuff. Poor perugia, they thought they were gunna win and then got nothing.

Hopefully another good game now! Come on u newcastle (this is not out of spite against Arsenal ) Umm i just like newcastle
Where did you see the Serie A game? 0-0 at half time for arsenal, can't believe that that retard Wiltord has walked straight back into the Arsenal team... i think that they will be lacking upfront next season- dont rate alliadiere, jeffers, wiltord etc. at all!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Where did you see the Serie A game? 0-0 at half time for arsenal, can't believe that that retard Wiltord has walked straight back into the Arsenal team... i think that they will be lacking upfront next season- dont rate alliadiere, jeffers, wiltord etc. at all!
anyone watching the game? whats wrong with wiltord :confused:
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
anyone watching the game? whats wrong with wiltord :confused:
i have an intense hate for him for some reason- might stem back to the United - Arsenal match at the end of the 01/02 season when he scored... but i think that he's totally crap and he cant finish to save his life
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
i have an intense hate for him for some reason- might stem back to the United - Arsenal match at the end of the 01/02 season when he scored... but i think that he's totally crap and he cant finish to save his life
lol anyways newcastle is doing well - brave performance from them today
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
lol anyways newcastle is doing well - brave performance from them today
so its 0-0 full time
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
Where did you see the Serie A game?
Was on Eurosport.

(Original post by thewolf)
so its 0-0 full time
Was a fair result.
Cant believe Henry missed that one on one, but i suppose Given did make himself big, forcing Henry Wide.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)