The Student Room Group
Reply 5100
theaman
Nope! :biggrin:

And Zapo - Real? Portugese??!!!

I meant denials on Portugese players :tongue:
Zapsta
It's a bit like our official rejection of the Postiga rumours... Must be a Portugese thing.

Everyone always denies everything. :eek:
Reply 5102
mc_watson87
Everyone always denies everything. :eek:

Real's denial is also pretty similar to their Beckham denial from last season :eek:
Zapsta
Real's denial is also pretty similar to their Beckham denial from last season :eek:

Wats the point in denial?
Reply 5104
mc_watson87
Wats the point in denial?

To keep your fans happy for a few more days, with the brief possibility that you won't piss them off immensely at the end of those few days because the deal didn't come off and the denial was actually valid.
Reply 5105
Well done Arsenal - a cracking run. But you still have a few more games to go before you reach Boston United's 51 (league) game unbeaten run in the 70's. :tongue:

If we win our Carling Cup tie with Luton (match was called off last night due to waterlogged pitch), we've got Fulham at home in Round 2! :smile:
Middlesbrough = top 5 this season. Damn right.
Reply 5107
i have to say, i have a feeling the unbeaten run will come to an end this weekend.
Reply 5108
andy_
i have to say, i have a feeling the unbeaten run will come to an end this weekend.

against Norwich?
Reply 5109
Latest Spurs linkage is with Tevez. It's great. Now not only have we been linked with the greatest players of this generation and the greatest players of the last generation, we're now also being linked with the greatest players of the next generation!
Zapsta
Latest Spurs linkage is with Tevez. It's great. Now not only have we been linked with the greatest players of this generation and the greatest players of the last generation, we're now also being linked with the greatest players of the next generation!

No way in a monkey's buggering lunchbox will Spurs get Tevez. Best players of the next generation? He's the best palyer in the world right now and has been for the past 18 months. It annoys me when everyone talks about Robinho and Diego and Luis Fabiano when it's quite clear to anyone watching a lot of Argentinian football that the likes of Cavenaghi, Mascherano and Tevez himself are already twice the players the other three will ever be.
Reply 5111
Misbah Imtiaz
against Norwich?

yer. Well annoying cos i can't get out of work to go with my friends to the game. Think i'll tape the match.
Reply 5112
goldenbarnes
No way in a monkey's buggering lunchbox will Spurs get Tevez. Best players of the next generation? He's the best palyer in the world right now and has been for the past 18 months. It annoys me when everyone talks about Robinho and Diego and Luis Fabiano when it's quite clear to anyone watching a lot of Argentinian football that the likes of Cavenaghi, Mascherano and Tevez himself are already twice the players the other three will ever be.

That's a bit harsh on Diego :eek:. He's two years younger than Teves, and also a different sort of player. Luis Fabiano is a bit shite though, and Robinho's a little keen on his stepovers, although as a more powerful player could actually have more of a chance in the Premiership. I don't think Tevez is quite up there with Ronaldinho and Zidane yet though.
Barcelona won the Gamper Trophy! :biggrin:
They beat AC Milan 2-1 in an apparently thrilling match. And they were missing Ronaldinho!
The main inspiration seemed to come from Eto'o, often looking troublesome and setting up both of Barcelona's goals.
Serginho's opener gave first blood to the Italian giants. But goals from Giuly and Iniesta saw Barca win the Trophy.
Gatusso was sent off towards the end of the match for persistant abuse.
Zapsta
That's a bit harsh on Diego :eek:. He's two years younger than Teves, and also a different sort of player. Luis Fabiano is a bit shite though, and Robinho's a little keen on his stepovers, although as a more powerful player could actually have more of a chance in the Premiership. I don't think Tevez is quite up there with Ronaldinho and Zidane yet though.

Fair enough I suppose, but I'd still say Tevez is on a par with the very best in the world. And Diego and Robinho are nothing compared to the real Brazillian starlets Rafinha and Tardelli. Rafinha and Tardelli are the Rooney and Wright-Phillips of Brazilian football - Diego and Robinho are the Carlton Palmer and Kevin Davies.
Reply 5115
goldenbarnes
Fair enough I suppose, but I'd still say Tevez is on a par with the very best in the world. And Diego and Robinho are nothing compared to the real Brazillian starlets Rafinha and Tardelli. Rafinha and Tardelli are the Rooney and Wright-Phillips of Brazilian football - Diego and Robinho are the Carlton Palmer and Kevin Davies.

That's a bit harsh! I'd put Diego as being comparable to James Milner, Robinho to Jermain Defoe.
Reply 5116
ooohhh have you just seen the draw for the Champions Lge. Chelski have got Porto :biggrin: haha. that should be fun

Champions League group draw :

Group A - Depotivo, Liverpool, Monaco, Olypiakos
Group B - R Madrid, Roma, Bayern Lever, D Kiev
Group C - B Munich, Juventus, Ajax, Tel Aviv
Group D - Man Utd, Lyon, Prague,Fenerbahce
Group E - Arsenal, Pan'aikos, PSV, Rosenburg
Group F - Barcelona, AC Milan, Celtic , Donetsk
Group G - Valancia, Inter, Anderlecht, Bremen
Group F - Chelski, PSG, Porto, Moscow
Misbah Imtiaz
ooohhh have you just seen the draw for the Champions Lge. Chelski have got Porto :biggrin: haha. that should be fun

GROUP A GROUP B GROUP C
Deportivo R Madrid B Munich
LIVERPOOL AS Roma Juventus
Monaco B L'kusen Ajax
Olympiakos D Kiev M Tel-Aviv

GROUP D GROUP E GROUP F
MAN UTD ARSENAL Barcelona
Lyon Pan'aikos AC Milan
S Prague PSV CELTIC
Fenerbahce Rosenborg S Donetsk

GROUP G GROUP H
Valencia Porto
Inter CHELSEA
Anderlecht PSG
W Bremen CSKA Moscow

Itl be a tough call between Port and Chelsea on who to hate more. Man U have their usual piss easy group and the Gunners one is a total joke. Celtic and Liverpool will have to put in a bit of effort to make it though.
Misbah Imtiaz

Group A - Depotivo, Liverpool, Monaco, Olypiakos
Group C - B Munich, Juventus, Ajax, Tel Aviv
Group F - Barcelona, AC Milan, Celtic , Donetsk

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal must be all well pleased. Very easy looking groups there.
Liverpool's looks slighty tricky, though they should be able to prevail.
Lol, Celtic are screwed. :tongue:
Group C, F, G all look like very hard groups! :eek:
Misbah Imtiaz

Group A - Depotivo, Liverpool, Monaco, Olypiakos - hardest group, any of those 3
Group C - B Munich, Juventus, Ajax, Tel Aviv another hard group
Group F - Barcelona, AC Milan, Celtic , Donetsk - hardest group of the lot

Apart from all the ones I've put as hard, I reckon the other groups are all pretty straight forward.

Latest