The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
What a surprise, Newcastle didn't win. Only one decent chance for them.

Bellamy is rubbish. Pace, but little technique. If he had no pace he wouldn't be up to playing in the conference.
Nah hes not rubish, all his attempts were on his weaker foot, thats why he scuffed them. Newcastle never supported his runs down the flanks either, so there was no one ever in the middle.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Was a fair result.
Cant believe Henry missed that one on one, but i suppose Given did make himself big, forcing Henry Wide.
Yes I saw that one on the news, it hit the post as he cut the ball back across. I bet Chelsea are absolutely kciking themsleves now, if they won yesterday they would be right in with contention.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nah hes not rubish, all his attempts were on his weaker foot, thats why he scuffed them. Newcastle never supported his runs down the flanks either, so there was no one ever in the middle.
To be honest a club of Newcastle's high standards should expect a first-team forward to be relatively comfortable with either foot. But he was very well defended against, never allowed a sniff.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He isn't very good at all, definitely over-rated. And if he can't even use his other foot, then that suggests something; especially when he's only "average" with the foot he uses most.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you ever seen him do anything truly skillful that wasn't just a product of his pace? He gets into good positions, then fluffs it, very frequently.
He's useless - He's quick, but thats it. Crap at finishing, terrible.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm impressed, I have underestimated your football knowledge (i.e. you agree with me!).
lol
ankur1986
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
He's useless - He's quick, but thats it. Crap at finishing, terrible.
crap he's got summing like 7 goals in his last 11 games - he's one of the top 6/7 strikers in England. If you think bellamy is crap i wud say that crespo and mutu are crap - he's scored more golas than either of them and he's beeen injured for most of the season.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On the subject of the overrated I'd like to make a rather controversial nomination:

Michael Owen.

Very overrated, still living off the reputation acquired in France 98 and a relatively small season goal tally.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
He doesn't appear in this list http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/leadsc.html of leading premiership scorers this season and the entry requirement would appear to be 11 goals. So, how is he one of the top 6 or 7 strikers in England exactly?
Hes been injured most of the season!!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ankur1986)
crap he's got summing like 7 goals in his last 11 games - he's one of the top 6/7 strikers in England. If you think bellamy is crap i wud say that crespo and mutu are crap - he's scored more golas than either of them and he's beeen injured for most of the season.
mutu is better than bellamy m8
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Absolutely.
Yeah I didn't think it was all that controversial to be honest

How about if I said I'd drop him if I was England manager?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wasn't Kanoute? He's scored more than Bellamy.
Yet nobody rants on about him.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Wasn't Kanoute? He's scored more than Bellamy.
Umm...no comment :cool:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ankur1986)
You are comparing crespo and mutu to bellamy? Do you know how funny that sounds?

Look at what crespo has done, and compare that to bellamy.

Look at what mutu has done in his time at chelsea, and compare that with bellamy.

Please. :rolleyes:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Depends who you want to replace him with.
I'd start with Rooney/Smith and Defoe...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Umm...no comment :cool:
Bellamy should quit now!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
I'd start with Rooney/Smith and Defoe...
Rooney is another person that hasn't done much in a while. However, he is young, he should soon pick up again.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Rooney is another person that hasn't done much in a while. However, he is young, he should soon pick up again.
Rooney can conjure things, and regularly shows great potential as well as ability. If only Everton were better, he and Radzinski are tricky opposition.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Interesting.

Odd that Rooney gets more football for England than he does for Everton. I'm not entirely convinced about him, I don't think he'll improve much, rather just stay as good as he is now. This has happened to Owen too. He's no better than he was in 1998, although he's lost some pace and opponents are much more aware of him, therefore he's ineffective.
I think Rooney should play as an attacking midfielder role, instead of a striker. I think he wud great there.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Rooney should play as an attacking midfielder role, instead of a striker. I think he wud great there.
I get the feeling he would enjoy Italian football. And he was born in Rome.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.77%
Labour (304)
50.5%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.12%
Green Party (30)
4.98%
Brexit Party (7)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)