The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
CKS
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
What's the betting on David Moyes going to Newcastle with Rooney as his first signing?

Other prospective managers include: Gordon Strachan, Ruud Gullit, Alan Shearer, Jimmy Nail and Ant and Dec.
ARE YOU ****ING JOKING ant and dec dont know **** about football
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CKS)
ARE YOU ****ING JOKING ant and dec dont know **** about football
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Steve Bruce will get the Newcastle job. He's a geordie and has done a decent job in keeping Birmingham in the Premiership two years in a row. He's never been reluctant to leave a club when a 'better' opportunity arose in the past.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
I think Steve Bruce will get the Newcastle job. He's a geordie and has done a decent job in keeping Birmingham in the Premiership two years in a row. He's never been reluctant to leave a club when a 'better' opportunity arose in the past.
It's got to be Gerard Houllier or Shearer. Or possibly both.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal set to sign Angulo
i know of this guy and i know he's been at valencia for quite a while, but does anyone actually know how good he is?

another thing, valencia won la liga last season, didn't they? this would mean angulo hasn't played in any champions league matches this season (ie. qualifying rounds), which would therefore mean he isn't cup-tied, right?
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Arsenal set to sign Angulo
i know of this guy and i know he's been at valencia for quite a while, but does anyone actually know how good he is?

another thing, valencia won la liga last season, didn't they? this would mean angulo hasn't played in any champions league matches this season (ie. qualifying rounds), which would therefore mean he isn't cup-tied, right?
what position does he play? i've been reading the story... but it doesn't mention his role...

defender?
mad'n'tiny
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
crawley 2
d&r 1

haha
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On the local radio station football phone in now they're talking about Bobby Robson as if he's dead......"he was a great footballing man"...................."he will be missed"....etc etc

Bloody hell. They all wanted him sacked anyway.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Noones mentioned WBA signing Robert Earnshaw yet. What a good bit of business that should turn out to be. Will be interesting to see how he finds the Premiership.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Noones mentioned WBA signing Robert Earnshaw yet. What a good bit of business that should turn out to be. Will be interesting to see how he finds the Premiership.
he should of gone to charlton :mad:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Man United 7 points behind Chelsea and Arsenal already, oh dear oh dear...
From today's game...

Is the empire crumbling?
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is the empire crumbling?
TBH it has been since the treble, although for the first time this season there are genuine signs of progress and proper team building with the purchase of youthful talent like smith,rooney(eventually),ronaldo and home grown youth like fletcher, o'shea(if he could recover his debut form!)If Sir alex can survive this season (and lets face it, can you imagine him getting the Sir Bobby treatment?) Man U could become the force they failed to be after 99.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pompey 3-0 Fulham

after 28 minutes....
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pompey 3-0 Fulham

after 28 minutes....
cole grabs another, 3-1
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
cole grabs another, 3-1
3-2 now (which they don't deserve)
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
4-2 now. Nice. Portmsouth fan booted in the head as well. Ha ha ha ha

Wowarooni - now 4-3.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
4-3 now.

volz offered hand of friendship to fan, fan told him to f**k off
Hanx
Report 15 years ago
Hey Xtina United fan here also poor weekend for us hey. Can never write united of though, Just wait till we get Ruud back. Wonder if rooneys going to sign
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Q) What has 60,000 arms and an IQ of 160

A) The Riverside Stadium on every other Saturday
I like that one.

(hmmm.....think you're clever, do you? HUH? EH? DELETING THREADS ONCE I'VE QUOTED THEM? I'LL SHOW YOU, SUNSHINE)

Speaking of funny things, I just heard a Bobby Robson story -
the scenario is; Robson is doing a book signing at Waterstones in the Toon, and asks the security man, ' how many more is there?'
man says, 'hundreds'
Toon footsoldier gets outside , examines book, and its signed 'all the best, Bobby Hundreds.....
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like that one.

(hmmm.....think you're clever, do you? HUH? EH? DELETING THREADS ONCE I'VE QUOTED THEM? I'LL SHOW YOU, SUNSHINE)

Speaking of funny things, I just heard a Bobby Robson story -
the scenario is; Robson is doing a book signing at Waterstones in the Toon, and asks the security man, ' how many more is there?'
man says, 'hundreds'
Toon footsoldier gets outside , examines book, and its signed 'all the best, Bobby Hundreds.....
good joke
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads