The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
85ah11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It'll be interesting to see how Bridge and Cole work together down the left hand side. I personally think it'll work quite well but we'll see.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
janon
Report 15 years ago
Swap beckham for wright-phillips, and bridge for joe Cole

Need more exciting play in england games.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who cares if it's exciting? Any sort of win would do me.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Who cares if it's exciting? Any sort of win would do me.
Yes.
Jack Schitt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't give a stuff how England play, so long as they win. It's results that matter, not performances. My prediction for the game is a 3-1 England win.
No, it does matter how england play. This is against a poor team. We have get used more attacking football- we lost both our Euro 2004 games due to negativity.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jack Schitt)
No, it does matter how england play. This is against a poor team. We have get used more attacking football- we lost both our Euro 2004 games due to negativity.
I wouldn't mind if we were negative and won though, I don't pay £30 to watch England like I would Boro - which is when I would want to see attacking and attractive football.

As 85ah11 said, with England and international competitions, it's all about results.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
As 85ah11 said, with England and international competitions, it's all about results.
Yes but what happens if you criticise players and managers for rubbish football and so on? I can see the headlines England scraped through defeating Fiji :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Frankinho Lampardini!

I bloody love him.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Yes but what happens if you criticise players and managers for rubbish football and so on? I can see the headlines England scraped through defeating Fiji :rolleyes:
Yeah, but the important part of that is that we would have gone through.

Afterwards, yes you can disect the game and try to come up with ideas on how England can play better against stronger opposition, but it's the results that matter in competitive matches. Friendlies are the time for experimenting - that's when the performance is most important.

I'd rather be like Germany in the past and bore our way to World Cup Finals than fail to make it to the sharp end, tournament after tournament, while playing attractive football.

And with regard to Austria being a poor team, you can only beat who's put in front of you.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, but the important part of that is that we would have gone through.
True.

Afterwards, yes you can disect the game and try to come up with ideas on how England can play better against stronger opposition, but it's the results that matter in competitive matches.
Perhaps playing badly where it's not too crucial can work for you.

Friendlies are the time for experimenting - that's when the performance is most important.
Yes but you still get the stigma of losing against Australia if you have Australian friends :rolleyes:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
clowns they are clowns
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What is Jamie Carragher doing on the pitch?!
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Unbelieveable :mad:
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:confused:
that was sloppy....i'm just confused
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
:confused:
that was sloppy....i'm just confused
It's incredible - despite having some good moments and generally outplaying the Austrians one poory-defended free kick and a second poorly-defended long shot means we only get a point.

Though this is what we have come to expect from England.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hope everyone enjoyed watching a relatively entertaining game where England dropped points. :rolleyes:

Tonight's result makes it all the more important that we win in Poland on Wednesday. If we lose that game, we'll be 5 points behind the Poles. :eek:
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
It's incredible - despite having some good moments and generally outplaying the Austrians one poory-defended free kick and a second poorly-defended long shot means we only get a point.

Though this is what we have come to expect from England.
yep. i was kinda relieved that we didn't lose it in the end- we were really on the ropes after that equaliser.....defoe was very unlucky not to win it though, when his shot hit the post
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Calamity.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Stupid england. They were very sloppy. Austria didn't deserve a draw from the game. England all but gifted it to them by switching off. The first free kick was a needless one to give away. Why did Lampard even touch him. For the 2nd goal, it seemed as though the england players were backing off. If England continue to have lapses like this, they'll be lucky to be close to qualifying for the world cup. You don't play like this on the top level. We were very shaky, and I was worried right till the final whistle. And Owen had a poor match today. He had a couple of chances and didn't convert any of them.
Oh, I wish Manninger had ben sent off.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gerrards goal was great.
smith should have scored.
defoe unlucky.
james crap.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads