hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I know, Sven is truely batty!
Maybe he thought we mite lose the game.
lolllllll what kind of an attitude is that to take against Austria? cmon sven, let's go forward with conviction. We're going backwards from euro 2004 instead of moving on.
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Told you I was rubbish at predicting results, couldn't get either score right.
You were technically nearest. At least you predicted a draw
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Time to get rid of James for our 1st goalkeeper. David Seaman would have done better
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would have left Alan Smith on - he's passionate and gutsy and hates losing - Owen seems quite happy standing up front waiting for a perfect pass.

And why was Carragher brought on for Gerrard? I would have brought Dyer on to give some pace to the midfield.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can see Sven will not pick players on form, rather on reputation. He won't drop Beckham or Owen (and both have plenty of competition for their places who are performing better), and he promises to draft Ferdinand straight back into the side despite King's form. And as for the claim that he gets us results, I believe that is much more down to the players and their collective qualities than anything Sven has to offer. Plus we haven't got results against the best sides. Sven's dismissal is over two years overdue and counting.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I always say it. I keep saying it. Why doesn't anybody at the England camp say it? Put a player on the far post to head away a well-placed free kick! I don't understand why we don't do that!! :confused:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I always say it. I keep saying it. Why doesn't anybody at the England camp say it? Put a player on the far post to head away a well-placed free kick! I don't understand why we don't do that!! :confused:
Because in practice it just doesn't work at all and is detremental to the whole defence of a free kick.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
the only problem with that is it allows the opposition to stand right in front of the goalie, waiting for any rebounds, since he's being played onside
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can't a man stand just behind the goal line (ie. off the pitch), so that any opposition players near the goal would be offside, and then take a step forward as the ball comes towards him?

It may be a little dangerous, but the worst outcome is conceding a goal which would occur anyway without a man on the line.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Can't a man stand just behind the goal line (ie. off the pitch), so that any opposition players near the goal would be offside, and then take a step forward as the ball comes towards him?

It may be a little dangerous, but the worst outcome is conceding a goal which would occur anyway without a man on the line.
Sounds like a loophole.
Though also slightly impractical.

Edit: Actually a player is not allowed to wonder off and on the pitch as they please.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sounds good to me
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Sounds good to me
For the opposition player to be offside, the player would have to come back on to the pitch after the ball has been kicked, hence during play, which is not allowed.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Edit: Actually a player is not allowed to wonder off and on the pitch as they please.
Really? I've not heard of that before. I remember seeing someone run round the outside of the linesman to chase a ball before.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Really? I've not heard of that before. I remember seeing someone run round the outside of the linesman to chase a ball before.
A player isn't allowed to stay off the pitch during a stoppage and then come back on after play has restarted without the ref's permission.
During a play, where the game hasn't been stopped, as in the situation above, it would be allowed.
But if the player stayed off for a while, I think he would have to get permission from an official to come back on.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For the opposition player to be offside, the player would have to come back on to the pitch after the ball has been kicked, hence during play, which is not allowed.
Oh, I see. Damn - thought I'd come up with an innovative new idea there.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Arsenal fans will remember what Hernan Crespo did to them

What if it wasn't a free kick? I remember that if a player gets bumped into the goal and his team mate takes a shot on goal they remain inside the box, this was before the stupid changes btw.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That was Sergio Conceicao in Euro 2000
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Apparently that was all a big misunderstanding! Gerrard signalled to the bench that an injured player should be substituted, and the Marx Brothers Management Team thought Gerrard wanted to be substituted so took him off...
I read that in the paper today, it was Bridge who was supposed to be taken off :rolleyes:

So that sums up the whole performance really - calamity.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I read that in the paper today, it was Bridge who was supposed to be taken off :rolleyes:

So that sums up the whole performance really - calamity.
Yeah Gerrard was tellin 'em to take Bridge off.
Gerrard must have been well pissed when his number came up! :eek:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
That was Sergio Conceicao in Euro 2000
Impressive info there!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.48%
UKIP (8)
0.97%
Other (6)
0.73%
None (30)
3.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise