The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by manutdgurl)
what u mean in the united sense or in the austria sense? no i was really trying to look at in objectivley.
Mat Utd sense. As for being objective... you failed
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So, who exactly should be the 8 midfielders that should be in the squad?

We have Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole.

Bridge is still likely to be used more as a left back, with Joe Cole possibly getting the chance to fit in on the left hand side role.

So, that leaves a space for 3 midfield places up for grabs.

Hargreavss, Dyer, Butt and Jenas are in there at the moment, but can they or should they hold down their places?

If they should be replaced, who should replace them?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
So, who exactly should be the 8 midfielders that should be in the squad?
Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, Lampard, Butt, Hargreaves, Joe Cole, Gareth Barry/Scott Parker.

Dyer has been rubbish for 2 years and even Newcastle fans are bewildered as to how he gets in their team, never mind England's. Jenas isn't at the right level yet.
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That reminds me (edit: the suggestion a few pages back!!)... can someone clear this up for me? I've been trying to find out for probably over a year and I've asked countless numbers of people but nobody seems to know.

If a player is further from the goal than one defender and the goalkeeper he is onside. If he is further from the goal than the goalkeeper but closer than the furthest-back defender he is offside. I assume if the goalkeeper is way up the pitch (think Schmeichel for a late corner for example) and there is only one defender between the striker and the goal he is offside. Therefore if the striker is onside with a defender and the goalie between him and the goal and the goalkeeper steps off the back line as the ball is played to the striker, he is therefore effectively offside, right? The goalkeeper is leaving the pitch illegally however, I assume. Would he be carded or what? Any goal should technically still not stand though, right, as the player was technically offside?

Any thoughts welcome...
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We just won our Masters Cup quarter final against Rangers, by the way. Up yours Ally McCoist - bring on the Wolves.

Mr Mcicninnilcinaly tipped us to win the tournament - I wouldn't be so sure, but we've got some cracking players.
dinkymints
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Leaving the pitch like that is ungentlemanly conduct, which would result in a yellow card IIRC. And I don't think the attacker would be offside in that situation either.
You mean not technically offside or deemed not offside because of the goalie's actions?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)

So, that leaves a space for 3 midfield places up for grabs.

Hargreavss, Dyer, Butt and Jenas are in there at the moment, but can they or should they hold down their places?

If they should be replaced, who should replace them?
I'm not a fan of Hargreves!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To quote from an another thread on the forum...I know we hav all been James bashing but this post....
(Original post by Tednol)

Walker is better than James.
Just takes the mick.....No Way!
dinkymints
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It would 'technically' be offside but in pracice see how many refs/linesmen give it; I think the ref would allow the game to continue and not rule for offside. Also, the linesman is usually not looking at the keeper to see if he's getting up to funny business by going behind the goal line, he's looking at the last defender.
Ok so if a goal DID result, would it stand?
dinkymints
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I think so. I think of it like someone trying to handle the ball on the line to stop it going in, but it goes in anyway - the ref wouldn't give a pen the goal would stand. You never see a goal scratched off retrospectively because the defending team has commited a foul (which is what the keeper is doing, not the attacker).
Hmm, but in that situation the defending team handling the ball is not putting the attacking team in the wrong too, whereas if the goalie steps off the pitch the attacker is actually offside too...
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone see the brazil game??

3-1 to brazil, amazing. still 5 mins left
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
anyone see the brazil game??

3-1 to brazil, amazing. still 5 mins left
Where, what channel, agasint who?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Where, what channel, agasint who?
lol, its just finished. world cup qualifier against bolivia.

ronaldo, ronaldinho and adriano grabbed the goals.
they're gonna go through the goals in a minute

ronaldo man of the match 72%, ronaldinho 12%, adriano 7%, others 9%

edit: on channel bravo, sky digital channel 124
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea are the winners of the Masters Football
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
LOL i saw that, wolves were rubbish.

dmitrie khanrine played good for chelsea in goal
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
LOL i saw that, wolves were rubbish.
I wouldn't say they were that bad. Although Coventry could have knocked them out.

(Original post by chats)
dmitrie khanrine played good for chelsea in goal
He did indeed. I've no idea why the commentators mentioned the new Chelsea chairman for, didn't think he'd bother about Masters Football.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Lol! I always found master's football patronising. Getting the legends of top flight football to play indoor five-a-side football...In my opinon just doesn't look dignified.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Lol! I always found master's football patronising. In my opinon just doesn't look dignified.
Why doesn't it look dignified?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone know what the odds were on souness becoming nc manager??

karkouri scored for morrocco against tunisia and got them the draw.

''theres only one el karkouri''

he is a Charlton Athletic defender
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
amazing free kick from Karkouri :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (260)
48.33%
No (60)
11.15%
I'm not old enough (218)
40.52%

Watched Threads