This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
His record is still good.
If he does well in Euro 2004 (which i expect, hoping for a win) let him stay.
If they do not progress, to hell with him, mwhahaha. (but not to Chelsea)

The nucleus (lol) is what Sheared provided to the team. Unlike Mr Beck person
Yes, Shearer is good. But England can't rely on one player in retirement to possibly win a game. Or else, they are doomed to failure in euro 2004...
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
even if you have a good manager you cant coach a packet of crisps to play football
HAHAHA...

Are you implying that these "superb" players are infact not so great?
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
His record is still good.
If he does well in Euro 2004 (which i expect, hoping for a win) let him stay.
If they do not progress, to hell with him, mwhahaha. (but not to Chelsea)

The nucleus (lol) is what Sheared provided to the team. Unlike Mr Beck person
A good record, well of course, who the hell have we played!

By nucleus I mean a set of players who the rest of the team/squad is built around, the nucleus would gel as a unit and welcome and see off other team members over time. But with all this chopping and changing there is no chance for a cohesive unit to get together.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
A good record, well of course, who the hell have we played!
Argentina, Germany, Turkey, loads of good teams!!!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On the subject of the overrated I'd like to make a rather controversial nomination:

Michael Owen.

Very overrated, still living off the reputation acquired in France 98 and a relatively small season goal tally.
I agree completely, he has been a fairly decent striker in the prem, but he hasn't exactly set it alight.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Argentina, Germany, Turkey, loads of good teams!!!
Funny, they're the only three I can think of that we can call "good" teams that we beat. It was the worst German side in history. Turkey are another flash-in-the-pan on the international scene. We lost to Holland, and more recently Sweden.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Funny, they're the only three I can think of that we can call "good" teams that we beat. It was the worst German side in history. Turkey are another flash-in-the-pan on the international scene. We lost to Holland, and more recently Sweden.
are you sure that we can beat Argentina :confused:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
are you sure that we can beat Argentina :confused:
We did two years ago, World Cup, remember?

Funny, I expected at least one person to defend Owen. Hmmph no fun.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Rooney is another person that hasn't done much in a while. However, he is young, he should soon pick up again.
He does have great potential, but unlike Owen he is being allowed to develop slowly, so he will be great for many years to come. Owen was rushed and has paid for it with recurring injuries and inconsistent form.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Turkey are so good that they've never scored a goal against England, and were knocked out of Euro 2004 by Latvia or someone equally crap.
nah turkey isnt that great atm, after world cup their form is by no means excellent
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Turkey are so good that they've never scored a goal against England, and were knocked out of Euro 2004 by Latvia or someone equally crap.
Latvia it was <thumbs up>... wasn't it...

On the Rooney thing, you got to respect David Moyes, lesser managers would be tempted to exploit such talent regularly.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
If England need to get some old 35 year old out of retirement to play for them, then how on earth can you honestly expect England to win anything or even get to a final? A semi even.
Even the great Brazil were willing to play Romerio as a 36 year old.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Latvia it was <thumbs up>... wasn't it...

On the Rooney thing, you got to respect David Moyes, lesser managers would be tempted to exploit such talent regularly.
good investment for the future - i recond hell be sold to real/united in the near future
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Or Chelsea. United can't outbid Chelsea for anyone any more.
true true chelsea more likely
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I respect Moyes, but it goes to show how crap the England team is when Rooney is already one of the best and most creative players in the side; if England were truly good, wouldn't Rooney have to force his way into the side past several top notch players?
Could it not be a measure of Rooney's ability? Or just Eriksson's stubbornness? He really should consider Smith and Defoe some more, and Vassell can do a job for England, he has done on the occasions I've seen him.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Or Chelsea. United can't outbid Chelsea for anyone any more.
He's exactly the sort of player Ranieri would want, young, able and willing to work. Trouble is, he wouldn't leave Everton, and Ranieri may not be at Chelsea for much longer.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Could it not be a measure of Rooney's ability? Or just Eriksson's stubbornness? He really should consider Smith and Defoe some more, and Vassell can do a job for England, he has done on the occasions I've seen him.
you think alan smith is a good player xTinA?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you think alan smith is a good player xTinA?
I do indeed. I've seen very little to suggest he's otherwise.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's exactly the sort of player Ranieri would want, young, able and willing to work. Trouble is, he wouldn't leave Everton, and Ranieri may not be at Chelsea for much longer.
incidentally, what's this i hear about a bustup between Francis Jeffers and David Moyes?

ranieri's always looking for *sparks* to lift his team. you would have thought they had plenty of players without having to bring in Scott Parker... who is now one of their key figures. No doubt Rooney will be such a person if chelsea lose their way again, and abromovich can pull the purse strings!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I do indeed. I've seen very little to suggest he's otherwise.
i've seen very little myself so i wont comment..he needs to move to a better club than leeds sometimes soon
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads