The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by shishi nee)
Yeah - chelski do have too many players. wish united had...or at least that all our decent players were fit.....is glen johnson going to be moving? i heard he was unhappy at being frozen out at stamford bridge.........
I sure hope he moves.
He is amazing!!
With the proper practice, he could easily be the best defender in England in 5 years or so.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I sure hope he moves.
He is amazing!!
With the proper practice, he could easily be the best defender in England in 7 years.
why 7
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I sure hope he moves.
He is amazing!!
With the proper practice, he could easily be the best defender in England in 7 years.
He can't defend though . Phil Ifil is going to be the man
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Yes!

Not forgetting Davis and Carrick in the midfield too!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWolf)
why 7
Current batch will be gettin passed it then.
And he will be reaching the peak age range.

He has the potential to be a Top Class defender.
Pace, good technique, strong, wicked tackler.
I see him being amazing.

Ifill though...nuff sed.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We do not have too many players! We have a relatively small squad this year in our first team, which is the way Mourinho likes it. Is it impossible to have a worldclass/decent sub just incase someone gets injured/tired?
Course not...if you have pockets as deep as Abramovich!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Course not...if you have pockets as deep as Abramovich!
Man u can afford to do likewise
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I sure hope he moves.
He is amazing!!
With the proper practice, he could easily be the best defender in England in 5 years or so.
Wish United had him - instead of Spector!! and what on earth is with silvestre? he's having a lousy season so far!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wish United had him - instead of Spector!! and what on earth is with silvestre? he's having a lousy season so far!
True, silvestre was amazing the season before. His pace seems to have gone abit as well. He used to be amazingly fast,one of the fastest.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah - but the thing is United prefer to spend money on strikers - when they already have plenty! Sure enough - we now have the most formidable striking force in euope - rooney, van Nistelrooy, smith, ronaldo, giggs - BUT we ought to invest in a decent midfielder - someone like gerrard springs to mind..... (yes,i know he's scouse but still....)
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ifill though...nuff sed.
Too true . Only one 'l' by the way.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Silvestre just needs a rest - mind you he had a crap euro 2004 tournament, too - just how many handballs did he commit??
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah - but the thing is United prefer to spend money on strikers - when they already have plenty! Sure enough - we now have the most formidable striking force in euope - rooney, van Nistelrooy, smith, ronaldo, giggs - BUT we ought to invest in a decent midfielder - someone like gerrard springs to mind..... (yes,i know he's scouse but still....)
Rooney, Rvn, Smith, Saha is abit much. thats 4 decent internationals. I think 2 is enough considering you have solskjaer and ronaldo and giggs can be strikers too so that makes 7 possible international strikers? :rolleyes:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Bit short of cash at the moment though. What with all the recent transfers and the plans to increase the capacity of the stadium.

4 Top Class Strikers will mean that these players don't always have a definite starting place. This will mean you get a better output out of the players as they are fighting for their place. Hence better performances from the strikers, hence more goals, hence 20 points saved in the season, hence more money, hence more success for the future...flawless!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Too true . Only one 'l' by the way.
My bad.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rooney, Rvn, Smith, Saha is abit much. thats 4 decent internationals. I think 2 is enough considering you have solskjaer and ronaldo and giggs can be strikers too so that makes 7 possible international strikers? :rolleyes:
Saha has been injured since he came from Fulham! (well, soon after then!) - and he's injured AGAIN! and solskjaer - well, i dont think he'll play for united again...his knee injury doesnt seem to be getting any better.

Besides, i reckon we've kissed the premiership goodbye - this is hard for me to say - but we havent looked convincing at all. Arsenal will probably win the title - although i hope to god some team beats them! Chelski will come second - you might not have lost any games so far, but man! chelski are soooo boring to watch!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I think Silvestre just needs a rest - mind you he had a crap euro 2004 tournament, too - just how many handballs did he commit??
Yeah he has just come off a crap Euro.
He will be back to his best, just needs to regain his confidence and composure.
Couple of months and he will be back to his best, don't you worry!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My bad.
Don't worry. You won't be able to forget his name soon enough
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Saha has been injured since he came from Fulham! (well, soon after then!) - and he's injured AGAIN! and solskjaer - well, i dont think he'll play for united again...his knee injury doesnt seem to be getting any better.

Besides, i reckon we've kissed the premiership goodbye - this is hard for me to say - but we havent looked convincing at all. Arsenal will probably win the title - although i hope to god some team beats them! Chelski will come second - you might not have lost any games so far, but man! chelski are soooo boring to watch!
yea maybe boring, but porto was boring too! and they won the champions league! At the end of the day, its the achievements in winning that counts!
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah he has just come off a crap Euro.
He will be back to his best, just needs to regain his confidence and composure.
Couple of months and he will be back to his best, don't you worry!
He better be! Heinze's making his debut tomorrow against Bolton - I think O'Shea might be making way - he's injured or sumthing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise