The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yea maybe boring, but porto was boring too! and they won the champions league! At the end of the day, its the achievements in winning that counts!
It's gunna be 1970/80s Liverpool all over again. :|
shishi nee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea maybe boring, but porto was boring too! and they won the champions league! At the end of the day, its the achievements in winning that counts!
whatever........do u seriously think monaco and porto will have equally as successful tournaments (champs liga) as last season? i think the bigger, more established teams may have been kick up the derriere and will be more of a force to reckon with this time around - mind u, some big names will end up going out cos of the draws - who wants to be in juve's group? :eek:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by shishi nee)
whatever........do u seriously think monaco and porto will have equally as successful tournaments (champs liga) as last season? i think the bigger, more established teams may have been kick up the derriere and will be more of a force to reckon with this time around - mind u, some big names will end up going out cos of the draws - who wants to be in juve's group? :eek:
Monaco won their qualifying match 9-0 on aggregate! :eek:
Deschamps is a genius!
I reckon Monaco will reach at least the quarters.
I don't think Porto will get through the group stage.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Monaco won their qualifying match 9-0 on aggregate! :eek:
Deschamps is a genius!
Yes, but who were they playing against? Indeed, Deschamps is a good coach (and looks uncannily like that guy from O-zone ). BUT i reckon that they will miss morientes and giuly - i know '9-0 - what are u chatting about' - but against better teams, they will miss the class of these 2 strikers.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yes, but who were they playing against? Indeed, Deschamps is a good coach (and looks uncannily like that guy from O-zone ). BUT i reckon that they will miss morientes and giuly - i know '9-0 - what are u chatting about' - but against better teams, they will miss the class of these 2 strikers.
They have got Saviola on loan from Barca.
And he is wicked!
Also they have got Chevantón from US Lecce, he scored 19 goals in Serie A last season.

They beat NK Gorica 9-0 on aggregate over 2 matches.
Though they are missing a lot of players from last years squad, only starting 2 of the same players as they did against Chelski last year.
I hope they get through the group stages, as they are a very entertaining team to watch.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And he is wicked!
Finally, Saviola has moved!! Hes a pretty good player but just wasnt getting any games under the Barca manager....

Monaco may have got Saviola but Barca have now got Giuly, Et'o and Larrson - along with ronaldinho (did u see his goal against germany - left Kahn rooted in the spot!). Not done too badly have they?
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And he is wicked!

Also they have got Chevantón from US Lecce, he scored 19 goals in Serie A last season.

Though they are missing a lot of players from last years squad, only starting 2 of the same players as they did against Chelski last year.

They beat NK Gorica 9-0 on aggregate over 2 matches.
NK Gori-what? I rest my case...
Chevanton? not heard of him - but 19 goals in Serie A is impressive.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Finally, Saviola has moved!! Hes a pretty good player but just wasnt getting any games under the Barca manager....

Monaco may have got Saviola but Barca have now got Giuly, Et'o and Larrson - along with ronaldinho (did u see his goal against germany - left Kahn rooted in the spot!). Not done too badly have they?
And Deco! Made some wicked Signings this summer!
Ronaldinho, in my opinion, is quite simply the Best in the World!
Barcelona may be wicked this season!
Though the question is how much they will miss Davids. As their improved form last season started when Davids joined.
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Deco! Made some wicked Signings this summer!
Ronaldinho, in my opinion, is quite simply the Best in the World!
Barcelona may be wicked this season!
Though the question is how much they will miss Davids. As their improved form last season started when Davids joined.
Yes - I've got a feeling they will trounce madrid this season - madrid have made some weird signings - owen (not in good form - and ANOTHER striker?) and woodgate (may be a good defender when he isnt injured but still comes behind ferdinand, campbell and terry).
Hmmm, I dont think they will miss him that much - :cool: not sure - not really a big fan of davids.....
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yes - I've got a feeling they will trounce madrid this season - madrid have made some weird signings - owen (not in good form - and ANOTHER striker?) and woodgate (may be a good defender when he isnt injured but still comes behind ferdinand, campbell and terry).
Hmmm, I dont think they will miss him that much - :cool: not sure - not really a big fan of davids.....
Owen is a strange signing, but Samuel and Woodgate are both wicked signings. They are both World Class defenders! Got 'em both pretty cheap aswell. :eek:

If Barcelona continue how they were towards the end of last season, they will be unstoppable, especially with all the extra talent they have brought in!
Ronaldinho was incredible last season, and will hopefully be just as impressive this season.
Already scored beautiful freekicks against Milan and Germany this season. :cool:
shishi nee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Owen is a strange signing, but Samuel and Woodgate are both wicked signings. They are both World Class defenders! Got 'em both pretty cheap aswell. :eek:

If Barcelona continue how they were towards the end of last season, they will be unstoppable, especially with all the extra talent they have brought in!
Ronaldinho was incredible last season, and will hopefully be just as impressive this season.
Already scored beautiful freekicks against Milan and Germany this season. :cool:
Agreed - Walter Samuel is a World Class defender.
Yeah, Barca are completely different team now - can u believe this team was in the relegation zone last season? and their financial troubles? they've turned it around totally! Ronaldinho - what can I say? The guy should and would have been playing for man u - if it hadnt been for kenyon!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Agreed - Walter Samuel is a World Class defender.
Yeah, Barca are completely different team now - can u believe this team was in the relegation zone last season? and their financial troubles? they've turned it around totally! Ronaldinho - what can I say? The guy should and would have been playing for man u - if it hadnt been for kenyon!
The season before last was their hard season...
Then they bought Ronaldinho :eek: and it all changed for them.
I was depressed for weeks when United failed to get him...he even has the same birthday as me!
Last season they had an incredible final half of the season and pulled themselves up to 2nd.
They played some well sexy football! :cool:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Any chance Fulhma will beat Arsenal today?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Any chance Fulham will beat Arsenal today?
No.

Though I can see Aston Villa beating Chelsea.
Angel is back and ready for action!

I reckon 2-1 Chelsea though.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Though I could see Aston Villa beating Chelsea.
Angel is back and ready for action!

I reckon 2-1 Chelsea though.
Attached files
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
2-1 Villa then!

Is it on TV anywhere?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
2-1 Villa then!

Is it on TV anywhere?
It's probably on radio 5 live.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
It's probably on radio 5 live.
Cool...sounds like too much effort though.

I'm happy with this text commentary: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...ml/live_hi.stm
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is it on TV anywhere?
It's live on Prem Plus.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cmon score god dammit!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads