The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Yupadeedoodah. Just missed a downpour as well, which was nice. Bought the new home kit but got home and it's too big. I'll have to go back for a medium. Eeeeeee

Oh, and I won two bets today - Viduka FGS and 2-1, if only I'd put them on the same bet, would have got a £30 return instead of £14. Ah well.
that would of been good, if you got caught in the downpour and your kit got soaked and they woudnt accept it back

good bet. I put £30 worth of bets. 9 teams to win, only 2 came off. *******s.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
penalty to palass :mad:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
penalty to palass :mad:
But missed - my mistake on the Berger goal as well - wasn't even going in - has to be put down as a Sp(oon)eroni own goal - what a hilarious attempt at a goalkeeper he is
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Popovic scores his second own goal in two games. He's prolific :rolleyes:
85ah11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We drew 2-2 today at local rivals Lincoln. Played crap for 85 minutes, 2-0 down we score a penalty, and then grab an undeserved equaliser through ex-Lincoln striker Jason Lee late on. We drop a place to 11th.

But that was overshadowed by the news that our boss may quit as his daughter has been diagnosed with cancer and he wants to spend more time with her. See here.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
match of the day at 11:00! ffs! thats disgraceful...wtf is it on so late! :mad:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Because of that proms malarkey.
oh yea
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Rob Styles sucks cocks for aliving.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have a few things to say about some of the games today.

• Reyes is playing absolutely amazing! 5 goals in 5 games! What a run. Long may it continue. He came on today and completely changed the game. If Arsenal win next week, we will set a new record of number of consecutive games won at start of season. Come on Arsenal!
  • Yeah, a clean sheet (albeit slightly controversial) for Arsenal!
  • How brilliant it is to see Man U a lowly 10th in the table, even if it is early in the season. I would have loved it though if they had lost today. Scrappy last 2 goals in that game.
  • Great game for James today. What a way to show his critics (me included sometimes). He deserved to keep a clean sheet today, though that didn't happen. He kept his side in the game for most of the time.
  • Lousy reffing descisions today. Complaints maybe by Fulham today, but then Cole got the ball when challenging Cole, Henry was fouled in the box, and Fulham's goal should have stood. All in all, the descisions balanced themselves out.
  • That sending off for the everton goalscorer has got to be one of the worst in history. Come on! The guy has just scored, and just because he was excited and pulled his shirt over his head (not even removing it completely), he got booked again. I felt so sorry for the guy. That silly rule has got to be removed. What harm does the celebration cause? It used to be a thing to put a message on a shirt or vest underneath to show to friends or family or something, but now they can't even do that. One of the silliest rules ever!
  • Oh yeah, Owen missed a golden oppurtunity to open his Real Madrid account. Bad descision by him. He really isn't playing very well, and his confidence is real low.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is Jay Jay too good for Bolton? Discuss.

Imo, he should be in the biggest teams ie Madrid/Barcelona/Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea..etc
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)

Imo, he should be in the biggest teams ie Madrid/Barcelona/Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea..etc
Bolton aint half bad.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

He's slowly getting on a bit though and he is hardly consistent (similar to Bergkamp that way). He may get in the barca team but none of the others you listed anyway.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The words 'showpony' and 'overrated' spring to mind, for some reason.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How is he overated?
Ghost of Pzyko
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Is it because you're thinking of Joe Cole?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How is he overated?
Because Sonny Pike could do the same job he does.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Guess who I am:

"oooh, la hoar eeh hooar eeh hooar, oiu oiu oiu, we played errrrrrr well to-day. Defoe - he was...........err............... .tres bon. Oiu - la hoarrr eeh hoooooaaar, you'll have to excyooz me, my beret eez a stuck on my onion necklace. Merci."
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Guess who I am:

"oooh, la hoar eeh hooar eeh hooar, oiu oiu oiu, we played errrrrrr well to-day. Defoe - he was...........err............... .tres bon. Oiu - la hoarrr eeh hoooooaaar, you'll have to excyooz me, my beret eez a stuck on my onion necklace. Merci."
jackass santini

green played good today, huckerby was good, and that tackle by king was good.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
jackass santini

green played good today, huckerby was good, and that tackle by king was good.
King's tackle was excellent!

Defoe was unlucky when he hit the post, and had his shot cleared off the line, Davies looked lively when he came on, but apart from that, we weren't creating enough chances.

Disappointing game and a disappointing result.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
King's tackle was excellent!

Defoe was unlucky when he hit the post, and had his shot cleared off the line, Davies looked lively when he came on, but apart from that, we weren't creating enough chances.

Disappointing game and a disappointing result.
yes it was excellent indeed, but if it had been a better striker ie jason euell, then i dont think king would of had a chance.

defoe looked lively, Davies looked good, defender Nebet? looked annyoed.

Norwich were unlucky not to win
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (183)
18.69%
Labour (501)
51.17%
Liberal Democrats (134)
13.69%
Green Party (55)
5.62%
Brexit Party (15)
1.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)