The Student Room Group
Why does Arsenal never perform on a European stage?
TheWolf

Arsenal thrive when games are fast flowing and stretched, which European games generally are not.

(That's wat I reckon, though I didn't see the Rosenborg game, so I don't know how it was played.)
Reply 6142
I want Diego :|
...Forlan
Reply 6144
:rolleyes:
Reply 6145
TheWolf

frustrating, isn't it.

i don't suppose we know a great deal about the style of football played by Norwegian teams...
Reply 6146
4Ed
frustrating, isn't it.

i don't suppose we know a great deal about the style of football played by Norwegian teams...

Crap football.
Reply 6147
TheWolf

because winning nearly every game against lower-level teams in the premiership is easy,while the champions league is very hard.even so they'll manage to make it to the knockouts this season as well,but i don't see them winning the champions league.they'll be defeated in the knockout stages,for sure.
mc_watson87
That's wat I reckon, though I didn't see the Rosenborg game, so I don't know how it was played.

arsenal could have easily beaten rosenborg...after the goal, they relaxed too much, and wanted to see the game out rather than killing off the oppostion- something that they do time and time again in the champions league, and even in the premiership. i just don't know why they continue to do it! :mad:
after the equaliser, arsenal had two clear cut opportunities- one for henry, and one for vieira....the vieira chance was crying out for a goal, but he squared it instead of shooting himself.
it's just so so frustrating!
goldenbarnes
Cooper was excellent though - 37 years young.

Downing and Morrison for England!

I stand by those comments - get in!

What a goal for the local lad - one of the proudest in our clubs history. An 18 year old on his first team debut, homegrown and Boro through and through scoring an equaliser in our first ever tie in Europe. Dreams are made of that.

Reply 6150
goldenbarnes

I dont think Sven has ever heard of them
chats
I dont think Sven has ever heard of them

Well Downing's been playing for England U17s, 19s, and 21s for the last 5 years so somewhere along the line you'd like to think he's heard of him. And then the fact that after his amazing performances earlier in the season against Newcastle and Palace Sven came out in the papers and said he'd keep an eye on him, leads you to believe he does know who he is.

And Morrison won the FA Youth Cup player of the tournament last season.
Reply 6152
goldenbarnes
Well Downing's been playing for England U17s, 19s, and 21s for the last 5 years so somewhere along the line you'd like to think he's heard of him. And then the fact that after his amazing performances earlier in the season against Newcastle and Palace Sven came out in the papers and said he'd keep an eye on him, leads you to believe he does know who he is.

And Morrison won the FA Youth Cup player of the tournament last season.

maybe, or maybe he just pretended to know him to make himself look big
chats
maybe, or maybe he just pretended to know him to make himself look big

Aahhhhhh be off with you, I couldn't give a furry bollock.

A guaranteed 4 more games to come in the UEFA Cup! And our oh so talented youth are producing on the big stage!

Party aaaalllllll night (in my bedroom) - love it. I hope we get Hearts away in the next round. I'll be able to make the trip and it'd Phil Stamp reunited. Wooooo!!!!
Reply 6154
goldenbarnes
Aahhhhhh be off with you, I couldn't give a furry bollock.

A guaranteed 4 more games to come in the UEFA Cup! And our oh so talented youth are producing on the big stage!

Party aaaalllllll night (in my bedroom) - love it. I hope we get Hearts away in the next round. I'll be able to make the trip and it'd Phil Stamp reunited. Wooooo!!!!

oh yeh you went through........well done :smile:
chats
oh yeh you went through........well done :smile:

Thank you. 3 local lads who had came all the way through the ranks played the full 90 minutes, one being typically solid and dependable, one probably the man of the match who excelled and will play for England within 2 years, and the other scoring and equaliser on his debut and being bright and lively throughout.

What a night.
Reply 6156
goldenbarnsey
one probably the man of the match who excelled and will play for England within 2 years.

I bet you £50 he will not
chats
I bet you £50 he will not

Pffffff easy money.

Done done and done.
Reply 6158
goldenbarnes
Pffffff easy money.

Done done and done.

I want a crisp note, not any coppers.
chats
I want a crisp note, not any coppers.

Then go to the bank, son, you ain't gettin any off me.

Downing for England!

Latest