The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
crespo - mutu's header hit the bar first tho - wtf i cant believe that that was not a penality! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 1-1
**** aston villa 2 chelsea 1
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
**** aston villa 2 chelsea 1
3-1 :eek:
Attached files
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
lol, this sounds like a good game.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Wolves have blown it again!! "Dave Jones just stands there motionless and holds his head in his hands in dismay!!".

Poor old Jones.

"Despite 2 goals from Crespo, Aston Villa win in a shock result 3-2"

Sounds like an Interestin day of footie.

Liverpool losing aswell, and a great result for pompey 3-1.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
lol, this sounds like a good game.
great goal by cresp in the end - but too little too late
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wolves have blown it again!! "Dave Jones just stands there motionless and holds his head in his hands in dismay!!".

Poor old Jones.

"Despite 2 goals from Crespo, Aston Villa win in a shock result 3-2"

Sounds like an Interestin day of footie.

Liverpool losing aswell, and a great result for pompey 3-1.
And a disappointing result for Spurs.

We need to start scoring more goals again, and keep it solid in defence.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)

i think arsenal has preettymuch officially won thepremiership now doesnt matter well win the champions league :eek:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?

Least ya didnt lose, and ya came back from behind. So in retrospect a point is a reasonably good result.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
i think arsenal has preettymuch officially won thepremiership now doesnt matter well win the champions league :eek:
I think they officially won it when Rio got banned, no offence intented to Chelsea, i just reckon they never cud have won it, not in their first season of the new roman era.
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if chelsea wins the champs league, will england have an extra qualifier for next season? i.e, will the top 5 positions be allocated to the ECL :eek:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think they officially won it when Rio got banned, no offence intented to Chelsea, i just reckon they never cud have won it, not in their first season of the new roman era.
i never thought wed win it either but always good to dream :eek:
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Least ya didnt lose, and ya came back from behind. So in retrospect a point is a reasonably good result.
Suppose.

But its a game we could and should have won.

Whatever Pleat said to them at half-time worked. We were the better team, and deserved all the points.

If we can make and convert most of our chances, we can progress, and next season, hopefully, we will move into the higher areas of the table.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Suppose.

But its a game we could and should have won.

Whatever Pleat said to them at half-time worked. We were the better team, and deserved all the points.

If we can make and convert most of our chances, we can progress, and next season, hopefully, we will move into the higher areas of the table.
get some better defenders + a great midfielder in the summer youll do very well next season - you already have very good forwards
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
get some better defenders + a great midfielder in the summer youll do very well next season - you already have very good forwards
Just got to make sure we are in the Premiership next season first.

King and Gardner are good defenders, and still improving. Doherty is okay. Carr has not been great this season, and nor has Taricco.

We need a new goalkeeper, 3 or 4 good defenders, and 3 or 4 midfielders and we'll be up there!
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just got to make sure we are in the Premiership next season first.

King and Gardner are good defenders, and still improving. Doherty is okay. Carr has not been great this season, and nor has Taricco.

We need a new goalkeeper, 3 or 4 good defenders, and 3 or 4 midfielders and we'll be up there!
Ziege is getting back to full fitness- his crosses last week were mint! Also, spurs were linked with Diego during the jan transfer window... that would have been a great buy
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Ziege is getting back to full fitness- his crosses last week were mint! Also, spurs were linked with Diego during the jan transfer window... that would have been a great buy
Thats all he can do. He doesn't do anything else. He just waits for the ball to come to him. He needs to learn how to defend.

Diego would be a good buy, and would certainly fit in well in our midfield. However, his recent form in the Brazilian league has been poor, and that is not something that we need at Spurs.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats all he can do. He doesn't do anything else. He just waits for the ball to come to him. He needs to learn how to defend.

Diego would be a good buy, and would certainly fit in well in our midfield. However, his recent form in the Brazilian league has been poor, and that is not something that we need at Spurs.
is it just me or has totttenham has an obsession with world class brazilian players, but never seem to get any
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is it just me or has totttenham has an obsession with world class brazilian players, but never seem to get any
We haven't been linked with many Brazilian players, its just world class players in general!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Diego's poor form of late has mainly been down to his relationship with the manager. He's had a lot of pressure placed on him after playing such an important role last season, and unfairly criticised for the team's poor performance. As a result he hasn't been up to it of late, and there's been a very public dispute between his agent (i.e. his dad) and his coach, although he's now said that everything is sorted out and he wants to see out the rest of his contract, so he should probably come back into form pretty quickly. However this also means that Spurs will probably have to wait another year for him, unless this is all a bluff to keep him in the Santos team until the end of the season.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads