The Student Room Group
Reply 620
Zapsta
Diego's poor form of late has mainly been down to his relationship with the manager. He's had a lot of pressure placed on him after playing such an important role last season, and unfairly criticised for the team's poor performance. As a result he hasn't been up to it of late, and there's been a very public dispute between his agent (i.e. his dad) and his coach, although he's now said that everything is sorted out and he wants to see out the rest of his contract, so he should probably come back into form pretty quickly. However this also means that Spurs will probably have to wait another year for him, unless this is all a bluff to keep him in the Santos team until the end of the season.

i wish i could watch more of the brazilian league...do you watch it? :confused:
Reply 621
TheWolf
i wish i could watch more of the brazilian league...do you watch it? :confused:

No, I'm just well informed :biggrin:
Reply 622
Zapsta
No, I'm just well informed :biggrin:

lol @ your the new bands thread in spurscommunity :biggrin:
Reply 623
TheWolf

:eek:
TheWolf

You post on spurscommunity? Whats a Chelsea fan like u doin there? :eek:
Reply 625
mc_watson87
You post on spurscommunity? Whats a Chelsea fan like u doin there? :eek:

lol no i just typed in zapsta in google :biggrin:
Reply 626
TheWolf
lol no i just typed in zapsta in google :biggrin:

Incidentally the Zapsta on the Metal Storm forum has nothing to do with me, although since he has never made a post I will soon be emailing them and asking them to delete his account.
Reply 627
Zapsta
Incidentally the Zapsta on the Metal Storm forum has nothing to do with me, although since he has never made a post I will soon be emailing them and asking them to delete his account.

what if he is the original Zapsta :tongue:
Reply 628
TheWolf
what if he is the original Zapsta :tongue:

I am the original Zapsta.
Dil
if chelsea wins the champs league, will england have an extra qualifier for next season? i.e, will the top 5 positions be allocated to the ECL :eek:

There will be an extra entrant into the preliminary stages of the CL for the Premiership if Chelsea win it. Chelsea would enter as champions, Arsenal as English champions, and three more.

Although, it doesn't have to be the case, as Chelsea won't have won the Premiership, but I'm pretty sure there would be a fifth.

They daren't enter the FA Cup winner though, as that would mean Millwall even if they don't win the Cup!

Great game at Loftus Road, Fulham 3-4 Blackburn, anyone else see it?
Reply 630
XTinaA
There will be an extra entrant into the preliminary stages of the CL for the Premiership if Chelsea win it. Chelsea would enter as champions, Arsenal as English champions, and three more.

Although, it doesn't have to be the case, as Chelsea won't have won the Premiership, but I'm pretty sure there would be a fifth.

They daren't enter the FA Cup winner though, as that would mean Millwall even if they don't win the Cup!

yes i watched it! i dont think blackburn will go down - i think leeds leicester and wolves will - how bout you xtinaA?
XTinaA

Would be amazing if they put Milwall in it!!
Nah didn't c the game.
Scorers?
Reply 632
mc_watson87
Would be amazing if they put Milwall in it!!
Nah didn't c the game.
Scorers?

23 mins: Cole opens scoring
26 mins: John equalises
45 mins: John's volley puts Fulham ahead
49 mins: Douglas fires Blackburn level
51 mins: Amoruso free-kick makes it 2-3
60 mins: Boa Morte keeps his cool to score
75 mins: Stead hits the winner
Reply 633
XTinaA

I like the idea of having the FA Cup winner in the Champions' League, otherwsie it is of no more reward than the Carling Cup. If that means Millwall will have to be entered, so be it!
TheWolf
yes i watched it! i dont think blackburn will go down - i think leeds leicester and wolves will - how bout you xtinaA?

Blackburn will escape I think, don't quite know how they got pulled into it. I think Souness messed up when he hyped up the Leeds game, putting pressure on his players, and Leeds got on top of them. But if they can win one more away game (crap at home) they should be safe.

Leeds have a huge chance now though, if they can win the next game and perhaps even jump up a place, it would be an immense psychological boost to see them out of the drop zone. And I'd like to see them stay up.

I'd rather see Man City down but the relegation talk isn't so urgent there, they're safe I reckon. Leicester I think will go. Then it's one of Portsmouth, Leeds and Blackburn. Of those I'd say Leeds as Portsmouth have that psychological edge of being out of the bottom three, they won today too.
Zapsta
I like the idea of having the FA Cup winner in the Champions' League, otherwsie it is of no more reward than the Carling Cup. If that means Millwall will have to be entered, so be it!

I'd like to see the FA Cup winner in the CL, but not this season! The Cup needs major revaluation. Allocating a place in the CL to the domestic cup champions seems fitting.
TheWolf
23 mins: Cole opens scoring
26 mins: John equalises
45 mins: John's volley puts Fulham ahead
49 mins: Douglas fires Blackburn level
51 mins: Amoruso free-kick makes it 2-3
60 mins: Boa Morte keeps his cool to score
75 mins: Stead hits the winner

Was a very good game, such a high tempo. Fulham unlucky to lose I thought. but that was the bit of luck Rovers needed that I think will keep them up.
Reply 637
XTinaA
Blackburn will escape I think, don't quite know how they got pulled into it. I think Souness messed up when he hyped up the Leeds game, putting pressure on his players, and Leeds got on top of them. But if they can win one more away game (crap at home) they should be safe.

Leeds have a huge chance now though, if they can win the next game and perhaps even jump up a place, it would be an immense psychological boost to see them out of the drop zone. And I'd like to see them stay up.

I'd rather see Man City down but the relegation talk isn't so urgent there, they're safe I reckon. Leicester I think will go. Then it's one of Portsmouth, Leeds and Blackburn. Of those I'd say Leeds as Portsmouth have that psychological edge of being out of the bottom three, they won today too.

i agree with you :smile: lua lua looks impressive - its strange how sometimes the loaned out players are sometimes better than the current strikers of the original team...e.g. newcastle probably wants lua lua back and same with forsell and chelsea...but i guess they improve playing for other clubs (thats the point of loaning out players isnt it?)
TheWolf
i agree with you :smile: lua lua looks impressive - its strange how sometimes the loaned out players are sometimes better than the current strikers of the original team...e.g. newcastle probably wants lua lua back and same with forsell and chelsea...but i guess they improve playing for other clubs (thats the point of loaning out players isnt it?)

Talkin bout Chelsea strikers, Crespo looked good today!!
Showed why he is considered a world calss striker.
Reply 639
mc_watson87
Talkin bout Chelsea strikers, Crespo looked good today!!
Showed why he is considered a world calss striker.

yess technically superb, but inconsistent

Latest