The Student Room Group
Xenon
Owen had a brilliant header which was saved equally brilliantly by the goalie. His good run should have resulted in a goal, but he wasn't sharp enough. He played well today.
And my prediction was sort of right, because as 2:0 couldn't be chosen, I had to choose 2;1. Though with the defence which we had, I didn't think that Wales would score.

yeah, i forgot about the header, he was unlucky with that....and as i was saying to shushi just now, he had a pretty good game, but i would have liked it if he had scored
C'mon now payback time :biggrin:
Reply 6422
TheWolf
C'mon now payback time :biggrin:

I wanted to predict 2-0 but you said no same as mine blah blah so had to settle for 2-1 :rolleyes:

I'll give you rep, if you vice versa :wink:
Reply 6423
mockel
yeah, i forgot about the header, he was unlucky with that....and i was saying to shushi just now, he had a pretty good game, but i would have liked it if he had scored

Well, he did, accordin to many people but the ref, who will hopefully checked the replay and change his mind. Hopefully, though whether he's given his goal or not, it will have increased his confidence. I thought that he played well, esp his team play, unlike Rooney's team play, which at times was nowhere, for example where he should have squared the ball when 3 players were in the box. Boy, wre they annoyed. The one problem with the kid (though can't really say that since he's only a year younger than me) is that he is quite often very selfish. His play is good, but sometimes, you have to pass.
Owen was unlucky today. Hopefully he will score on wednesday. From today's performance, he deserves it.
hihihihi
I wanted to predict 2-0 but you said no same as mine blah blah so had to settle for 2-1 :rolleyes:

loooool..no rep whoring! * Turns to Xenon/Chats, i'm willing to rep-swap :wink: *
Reply 6425
hihihihi

Same here. Wolfie, I'll rep u if you rep me.
Reply 6426
Same team/formation on Wednesday, with S. W-Phillips replacing Becks?
Xenon

deal. Although i'm repping you only because you initially thought 2-0 :wink: ( I will give mine out tonight, cus I repped someone last night :redface: )
Reply 6428
hihihihi
Same team/formation on Wednesday, with S. W-Phillips replacing Becks?

I reckon that Sven will play 4-4-2, with Owen and Rooney up front.
Reply 6429
TheWolf
loooool..no rep whoring! * Turns to Xenon/Chats, i'm willing to rep-swap :wink: *

I can give A LOT of rep :biggrin:
Xenon
Well, he did, accordin to many people but the ref, who will hopefully checked the replay and change his mind. Hopefully, though whether he's given his goal or not, it will have increased his confidence. I thought that he played well, esp his team play, unlike Rooney's team play, which at times was nowhere, for example where he should have squared the ball when 3 players were in the box. Boy, wre they annoyed. The one problem with the kid (though can't really say that since he's only a year younger than me) is that he is quite often very selfish. His play is good, but sometimes, you have to pass.
Owen was unlucky today. Hopefully he will score on wednesday. From today's performance, he deserves it.

i kinda meant a proper goal, but i know what you mean
i agree with the point about rooney, but the thing is, if he had scored, we would be saying what a goal etc..(i know you've heard it all before)
Reply 6431
Xenon
I reckon that Sven will play 4-4-2, with Owen and Rooney up front.

who'd you have in midfield, especially on the left?
hihihihi
who'd you have in midfield, especially on the left?

i would like to see the bridge/cole partnership working down the left again
Xenon

:eek: i didn't know you did this sort of thing
Reply 6434
mockel
i kinda meant a proper goal, but i know what you mean
i agree with the point about rooney, but the thing is, if he had scored, we would be saying what a goal etc..(i know you've heard it all before)

But, from the position he was in, unless he was Kanu (who scored from an outrageous angle once for arsenal against Chelsea), he should have definitely passed. Also, I know what you mean about Owen scoring a proper goal. I was thinking that Owen probably prefers it if he would have scored a good goal, but as he said, when u're on a poor run, you often get one off your backside or something which will help the confidence. So, in Owen's case it was his heel.
Reply 6435
mockel
:eek: i didn't know you did this sort of thing

I don't mean it in that way. It was the fact that Wolfie got the right prediction, and I would have got the right prediction as well. Oh whoops, should have worded it properly. I was going to rep Wolfie anyways for predicting it right, but I felt that I should have also won the deal as well.
Xenon
But, from the position he was in, unless he was Kanu (who scored from an outrageous angle once for arsenal against Chelsea), he should have definitely passed. Also, I know what you mean about Owen scoring a proper goal. I was thinking that Owen probably prefers it if he would have scored a good goal, but as he said, when u're on a poor run, you often get one off your backside or something which will help the confidence. So, in Owen's case it was his heel.

i woudn't have been surprised if he had been able to replicate some of kanu's magic
i guess a goal's a goal
Xenon
I don't mean it in that way. It was the fact that Wolfie got the right prediction, and I would have got the right prediction as well. Oh whoops, should have worded it properly. I was going to rep Wolfie anyways for predicting it right, but I felt that I should have also won the deal as well.

okay, i forgive you, but i knda get the feeling wolfie wanted to do that sort of thing :biggrin:
Reply 6438
mockel
i would like to see the bridge/cole partnership working down the left again

In the last 15/20 minutes, Cole was sort of playing as a left-midfield, and did well in that position. He's brilliant as left-back, but he's not to bad in left-midfield either.
Xenon
In the last 15/20 minutes, Cole was sort of playing as a left-midfield, and did well in that position. He's brilliant as left-back, but he's not to bad in left-midfield either.

yup, same as brdige.....i really don't know who i would put where

Latest