The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Don't you mean for any Arsenal or Barca fans?!
Yeah, I mean arsenal, celtic and Barca fans, cos some Celtic fans might be happy to see their old fave doing well.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yeah, I mean arsenal, celtic and Barca fans, cos some Celtic fans might be happy to see their old fave doing well.
unfortunately, some were not
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
unfortunately, some were not
who were they?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
who were they?
some of the celtic fans were booing larsson on his return (in the CL)....was very disappointing after all he has given to the club (and he has given a lot to the club)....i was happy he scored against them, to shut them up, and he showed his loyalty by not celebrating....i have to stress that this was a minority though

i did feel sorry for the guy- if it were me, i would have been really confused with the whole situation
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
some of the celtic fans were booing larsson on his return (in the CL)....was very disappointing after all he has given to the club (and he has given a lot to the club)....i was happy he scored against them, to shut them up, and he showed his loyalty by not celebrating....i have to stress that this was a minority though

i did feel sorry for the guy- if it were me, i would have been really confused with the whole situation
oh yeh. it is definetley the minority, most of them have put him down as their best player ever after all he done for them. yeh I'm glad too, proving the critics wrong aswell who said he could only score in the spl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
oh yeh. it is definetley the minority, most of them have put him down as their best player ever after all he done for them. yeh I'm glad too, proving the critics wrong aswell who said he could only score in the spl
yeah, i'm especially pleased that he's managed to keep scoring at barca....surely his international career should have showed he is a great player, but the critics kept coming for him.....but no more
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, i'm especially pleased that he's managed to keep scoring at barca....surely his international career should have showed he is a great player, but the critics kept coming for him.....but no more
I admit I was a critic
''oh if he was in the premiership he wouldnt even score 2 goals in a season''

but no more
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
I admit I was a critic
''oh if he was in the premiership he wouldnt even score 2 goals in a season''

but no more
hehe, well that's good then
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
The last few games that I have seen him playing for Barca, he has has been pretty poor.

He just manages to score due to the fact that he gets sooo many chances created for him.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
The last few games that I have seen him playing for Barca, he has has been useless.

He has just managed to score due to the fact that he gets sooo many chances created for him.

(Sorry to disagree wid everyone )
well, you're probably right....i haven't actually seen him play, i just go on the stats....so in that repsect, would i be right in saying you'd take him over ronaldo (real's one) atm? (or has he scored more)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, you're probably right....i haven't actually seen him play, i just go on the stats....so in that repsect, would i be right in saying you'd take him over ronaldo (real's one) atm? (or has he scored more)
I would take Ronaldo over Larsson
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Larsson has almost certainly scored more, as Barca have like 10 times the goal difference of Real.
Though I wud still take Ronaldo over Larsson any day.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Larsson has almost certainly scored more, as Barca have like 10 times the goal difference of Real. I wud still take Ronaldo over Larsson any day.
well, obviously (esp from what you've said), but if you were to talk purely stats-wise, but then again, ronaldo may have bagged quite a few moew if he was playing in the barca team right now
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
ronaldo may have bagged quite a few moew if he was playing in the barca team right now
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
You'd be surprised how many chances Larsson has squandered. :eek:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In la liga, who do you think are the best strikers? imo:

Raul
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You'd be surprised how many chances Larsson has squandered. :eek:
i am actually very surprised to hear about it....he wasn't like that at celtic, was he?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
i am actually very surprised to hear about it....he wasn't like that at celtic, was he?
I am probably being a bit harsh on him, as he has scored a few for them, I've seen a couple of nice finishes from him.
But he does appear to be quite wasteful, often ending promising attacks.

For Celtic, in the SPL, he appeared more composed and he was a lot less wasteful.
Could be due to the quality difference between the leagues, or he may just need some time to settle into La Liga.
I guess Stats wise though, he has been pretty good.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am probably being a bit harsh on him, as he has scored a few for them, I've seen a couple of nice finishes from him.
But he does appear to be quite wasteful, often ending promising attacks.

For Celtic, in the SPL, he appeared more composed and he was a lot less wasteful.
Could be due to the quality difference between the leagues, or he may just need some time to settle into La Liga.
I guess Stats wise though, he has been pretty good.
He's not getting much practice though, so you wouldn't expect him to be that sharp.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWolf)

Raul
Lol, I don't think Raul has scored in La Liga yet!

Edit: He has scored once! :eek:
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)

Raul
Can we count Ronaldinho as a striker?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads