The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Who was saying yesterday that Bellamy is better?
Cannot remember, hope it wasn't me!
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Jermain Defoe.

One of very few good things about Spurs at the moment.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Cannot remember, hope it wasn't me!
this season is abit strange in terms of consistent strikers - there arent many except henry...the table shows it all last season there was - shearer,owen,beattie,henry,van nistelrooy...etc

1 Thierry Henry Arsenal 41
2 Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 29
3 Alan Shearer Newcastle 26
4 Juan Pablo Angel Aston Villa 23
5 Nicolas Anelka Man City 22
6 Louis Saha Man Utd 22
7 Jonathan Stead Blackburn 22
8 Jermain Defoe Tottenham 20
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi again,

Me and brother were just discussing Millwall being in a European Cup next season...and the probably (sorry to be stereotypical) major violence that would ensue if Millwall were to ever draw a Turkiest team! We both rekon it would be a blood bath!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Jermain Defoe.

One of very few good things about Spurs at the moment.
Totally agree with you *as an Arsenal supporter it sorta hard to say*, but i find it really disturbing that Sven said a couple of weeks ago after the England friendly with Sweden (where Defoe played excelllently may I add) that he would rather stick to his favourite fowards of Rooney (sh*t), Owen, Vassell (no superstar) and Heskey (the old doney himself), then play and give Defoe a chance....Is it just me or does anyone else think this is Madness on a grand scale?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Totally agree with you *as an Arsenal supporter it sorta hard to say*, but i find it really disturbing that Sven said a couple of weeks ago after the England friendly with Sweden (where Defoe played excelllently may I add) that he would rather stick to his favourite fowards of Rooney (sh*t), Owen, Vassell (no superstar) and Heskey (the old doney himself), then play and give Defoe a chance....Is it just me or does anyone else think this is Madness on a grand scale?
yes tottenham as i said before has great forwards kanoute and defoe and keane are all very decent
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Sorry but, Rooney has to go, major talent like that. Owen is well overrated. Vassell is well underrated, he does the business in the white shirt. Heskey is Heskey, can't seem to win anyone over whatever he does, he hasn't been awful and he isn't in the role to score goals but so long as he isn't scoring he's seen as a donkey. Only Houllier can change that for him. Defoe should be at least in contention if not on the plane, and Alan Smith should be considered equally.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well, on Pro Evolution Soccer I decided to see how Heskey could be worth a place in the squad. I put him on the left hand side and he was superb. Holding the ball up, good crosses, scoring too. I thought Heskey would add a lot to the squad.

And then I remembered it was only a computer game.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yes tottenham as i said before has great forwards kanoute and defoe and keane are all very decent
And Postiga. In fact Postiga is as good, and if not better than all of them, especially Keane.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
And Postiga. In fact Postiga is as good, and if not better than all of them, especially Keane.
gosh ive forgotten about postiga - whats happened to him? :confused:
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If Spurs had felt Postiga wasn't good enough, he would have gone straight away.

But he is still there, which indicates that he is still wanted after all. He is continually scoring in the reserves too.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If Spurs had felt Postiga wasn't good enough, he would have gone straight away.

But he is still there, which indicates that he is still wanted after all. He is continually scoring in the reserves too.
Hope he shows what he can do next season. Spurs don't want another Rebrov on their hands. I can only blame Hoddle for that situation, Rebrov was a very good talent.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gosh ive forgotten about postiga - whats happened to him? :confused:
Well he was playing brilliantly after finally adapting to the Premiership, then Hoddle got sacked and Pleat dropped him for his first game in charge. Posti's confidence was shattered and when he was finally let back into the team (against Arsenal I think) he'd already wasted away into a shadow of his former self. At only 21 all is not lost, but a good manager is going to be needed to get him playing again. I genuinely think that he could be a Premiership great.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Hope he shows what he can do next season. Spurs don't want another Rebrov on their hands. I can only blame Hoddle for that situation, Rebrov was a very good talent.
There were two reasons for his failure at Spurs.

1) Service wasn't great
2) He couldn't convert chances he had.

Good talent - not right for Spurs.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well he was playing brilliantly after finally adapting to the Premiership, then Hoddle got sacked and Pleat dropped him for his first game in charge. Posti's confidence was shattered and when he was finally let back into the team (against Arsenal I think) he'd already wasted away into a shadow of his former self. At only 21 all is not lost, but a good manager is going to be needed to get him playing again. I genuinely think that he could be a Premiership great.
Good game against Liverpool in the League, in which he scored.

Awful against Man City in first FA Cup game - missed way too many chances, which Kanoute or Defoe would have scored from.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Spurs need a manager who can nurture youth, as there is a young potentially successful set of playes there. You need a Ranieri type. No stop-gap measures, no big or popular names for the sake of it, and not David Pleat!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hell No! Keane ain't a good striker
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hoddle was to blame, yes. In fact the situation was very similar to the Postiga one. After a season at Spurs he finally looked like he was used to the Premiership, when Graham got sacked and Hoddle dropped him in favour of has-beens Sheringham and Ferdinand (oh yeah, and Keane :rolleyes:...) . His confidence was destroyed, sadly unlike Postiga he did not have the time on his hands to put things right. Tottenham destroyed the career of one of Europe's best players.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And then I remembered it was only a computer game.
Lol! Good that you remebered that!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Spurs need a manager who can nurture youth, as there is a young potentially successful set of playes there. You need a Ranieri type. No stop-gap measures, no big or popular names for the sake of it, and not David Pleat!
Pleat knows he is only a caretaker-manager. He is good with the transfers though.

We need a manager now who can work wonders with the players on the pitch, who can moticate them and can tactically beat the opposing teams.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)