The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that would certainly be quite disgraceful- but, unfortunately, we've come to expect this sort of behaviour from millwall fans
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
MILLWALL 0 - 3 LIVERPOOL

Shame about the trouble with the fans. Especially if it's true about the disgraceful hillsborough chants made by the Millwall fans.
wooo liverpool!!!!

you're right, that is disgraceful. then again millwall fans don't have the best record do they.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
that would certainly be quite disgraceful- but, unfortunately, we've come to expect this sort of behaviour from millwall fans
Apparently they were chanting things like "You should have all died at Hillsborough" and "Ninety six, not enough". I was watching the match and have to admit that I didn't hear this, but several people who went to the match have commented on it. It's all over the Liverpool message boards too and on Your on Sky Sports.
It's sickening just thinking about it.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Apparently they were chanting things like "You should have all died at Hillsborough" and "Ninety six, not enough". I was watching the match and have to admit that I didn't hear this, but several people who went to the match have commented on it. It's all over the Liverpool message boards too and on Your on Sky Sports.
It's sickening just thinking about it.
well, i doubt so many people would have made a mistake about this (and it's likely that it wasn't picked up on tv).....it is truly shameful on the part of the millwall fans (the ones who were chanting)
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, i doubt so many people would have made a mistake about this (and it's likely that it wasn't picked up on tv).....it is truly shameful on the part of the millwall fans (the ones who were chanting)
And what are the chances that the Liverpool supporters will get blamed for the trouble in the newspapers. They were making racist comments about some of our players too.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, its sick. They must have no limits to how low they can get if you chant things like that. Its a football match for heavens sake, tragedies shouldn't be used like that, its wrong. :mad:
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
And what are the chances that the Liverpool supporters will get blamed for the trouble in the newspapers. They were making racist comments about some of our players too.
i fail to see how liverpool supporters will be blamed for any trouble that occurs at millwall!
surely they are the notorious fans in cases like this
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
yeah, its sick. They must have no limits to how low they can get if you chant things like that. Its a football match for heavens sake, tragedies shouldn't be used like that, its wrong. :mad:
i wouldn't mind normal chants about players for example (as long as it's all in good fun, i.e. no racist remarks).....but things like this are unnecessary
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i fail to see how liverpool supporters will be blamed for any trouble that occurs at millwall!
surely they are the notorious fans in cases like this
The Sky commentators seemed to be blaming the Liverpool fans for the trouble. But to be fair, they probably didn't know what was going on.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
The Sky commentators seemed to be blaming the Liverpool fans for the trouble. But to be fair, they probably didn't know what was going on.
was there just general crowd violence, such as throwing stuff at each other, and fans having to be separated by police....if so, then the commentators probably didn't knw what triggered it off- i'm sure there'll be something negative said about the millwall fans though
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, you seen the Liverpool hooligans causing all sorts of trouble. Need to control themselves, it's disgusting
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
yeah, like you just said, maybe the liverpool supporters reacted to the chants, and the commentators were unaware of why they had reacted. it is a shame that football is marred by violence. At least the UK isn't quite as bad as some countries, with their club rivalry's, etc.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, like you just said, maybe the liverpool supporters reacted to the chants, and the commentators were unaware of why they had reacted.
Yeah that is probably it. The police had to separate the two sets of supporters.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Well, you seen the Liverpool hooligans causing all sorts of trouble. Need to control themselves, it's disgusting
Please tell me you're not serious
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
everton supporter i see
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
everton supporter i see
Still, as an Everton supporter I'd have thought he would be able to relate to the Hillsborough tragedy better than most and not joke about it. Sorry if I'm getting worked up a bit here, but this is something that I feel really strongly about
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Please tell me you're not serious
If the Millwall fans were singing obscene songs than i'll retract that, but, because I didn't hear it, I think it was awful.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Still, as an Everton supporter I'd have thought he would be able to relate to the Hillsborough tragedy better than most and not joke about it. Sorry if I'm getting worked up a bit here, but this is something that I feel really strongly about
no i agree, i wasn't accepting what he said, i was just making an observation. sorry if i offended.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If the Millwall fans were singing obscene songs than i'll retract that, but, because I didn't hear it, I think it was awful.
fair enough
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no i agree, i wasn't accepting what he said, i was just making an observation. sorry if i offended.
Don't worry, it wasn't you who offended me!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)