The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
are you saying: "how did you figure that one out" as in, "you're an idiot- how can you even contemplate that you were close!",
or are you saying it like, "wow mate! how did you know?"

if it's the first, then i'd say "everton and liverpool- basically the same" (you're gonna slaughter me for saying that!)
if it's the latter, then i'd say "magic"
Lol, the first one! And Everton and Liverpool are not basically the same!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
.... who are Arsenal anyway?

Arsenal v Everton : easy win for the Blues
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Lol, the first one! And Everton and Liverpool are not basically the same!
and i thought that you thought i was some kind of a genious :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's a shame Liverpool won't be going any further in the competition, I would've liked to see them do well in it this year.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
It's a shame Liverpool won't be going any further in the competition, I would've liked to see them do well in it this year.
Oh don't you worry, we will! We're the only team with a 100% home record!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Oh don't you worry, we will! We're the only team with a 100% home record!
Arsenal had a 100% league home and away record last season but we still beat them twice in this Cup.

Plus we have the best and most promising youngsters comng through that any team's ever had ever in the whole wide world.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal had a 100% league home and away record last season but we still beat them twice in this Cup.

Plus we have the best and most promising youngsters comng through that any team's ever had ever in the whole wide world.
But arsenal also had the referee's in their pocket (or at least on their side)...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

arsenal didn't have a 100% record last season, otherwise we would have got 114 points....and the team you beat in the cup was a shadow of the real team (although it was still a notable achievement)

don't know about the whole world, but they are pretty promising
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
arsenal didn't have a 100% record last season, otherwise we would have got 114 points

...and the team you beat in the cup was a shadow of the real team (although it was still a notable achievement)
Hardly - Cole, Lauren, Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Reyes, Bergkamp.....the only players they really rested were Lehmann and Henry - they had worse sides out in the Premiership the week after.

don't know about the whole world, but they are pretty promising
Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, James Morrison, Tony McMahon and Andrew Davies all played last night. The oldest of them is 20, and they will all play for England one day (and that's just the ones that have already played in the first team - wait till you see the likes of Bates, Hines and Wheater).

(not to mention other 'youngsters' like Chris Riggott and Stuart Parnaby)
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hardly - Cole, Lauren, Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Reyes, Bergkamp.....the only players they really rested were Lehmann and Henry - they had worse sides out in the Premiership the week after.)
cole, lauren, vieira, bergkamp - fair enough
reyes - was his debut, and he didn't start playing particularly well, until the very end of the season
the other two are on the fringes of the first team

and also think about the other players who were missing: pires, freddie, sol, toure

Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, James Morrison, Tony McMahon and Andrew Davies all played last night. The oldest of them is 20, and they will all play for England one day (and that's just the ones that have already played in the first team - wait till you see the likes of Bates, Hines and Wheater).

once again, it's hard for me to believe that these players are part of the best youth team in the world, and even that they'll play for england
i haven't seen any of them, except for downing, and the only other one i've heard of is morrison, becasue he scored a goal last night
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if we can beat chelsea next round, carling cup will be ours!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
once again, it's hard for me to believe that these players are part of the best youth team in the world, and even that they'll play for england
i haven't seen any of them, except for downing, and the only other one i've heard of is morrison, becasue he scored a goal last night
Fair enough. Graham scored last night as well though. And Morrison scored against Banik Ostrava. And he set up Downing for his goal at Old Trafford where McMahon had Giggs in his back pocket. You may remember Andy Davies as the Rod Stewart lookalikee centre back who played a few times last season but unfortunately broke his leg in a reserve match.

I'm not preaching to you or anything, I'm just informing you of our super duper youngsters so you can impress all your friends with your 'Downing/Morrison/McMahon/Graham for England' prophecies. Andrew Davies
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fair enough. Graham scored last night as well though. And Morrison scored against Banik Ostrava. And he set up Downing for his goal at Old Trafford where McMahon had Giggs in his back pocket. You may remember Andy Davies as the Rod Stewart lookalikee centre back who played a few times last season but unfortunately broke his leg in a reserve match.

I'm not preaching to you or anything, I'm just informing you of our super duper youngsters so you can impress all your friends with your 'Downing/Morrison/McMahon/Graham for England' prophecies. Andrew Davies
i'll just have to take your word for it
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Considering the fact that at the start of the match, arsenal had basically an under-21 side apart from Cygan, I think they did pretty well.
here here, last night we fielded a reserve team in every sense of the word, and that is what the league cup should be for top name teams
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There seems to be only one thing left to say:

Best. Thread. Ever. !!! (sorry ellie )

may it live on for a long time to come, and may i continue to post on it when i return

have fun everyone
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago

may it live on for a long time to come, and may i continue to post on it when i return

have fun everyone
Cya man!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

So, Middlesbrough will have 10 full England caps? :rolleyes:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

have fun everyone
see ya :cool: dude

have fun, wherever you go

the memory of Mockel will always live on in here
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
An apprarantly belated bye bye to Mockel. *Waves*
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
So, Middlesbrough will have 10 full England caps? :rolleyes:
Probably more to be honest. I forgot Andrew Taylor.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (183)
18.65%
Labour (501)
51.07%
Liberal Democrats (135)
13.76%
Green Party (55)
5.61%
Brexit Party (15)
1.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)