This discussion is closed.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Where's RvN?
I think he's still out injured, though is near to full fitness again.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Where's RvN?
Still injured, knee trouble I think. At least now we have a very capable option (I avoid using the word replacement).

Hardly worth straining him against Leicester

And Leeds snatched a draw, Leicester must be sweating now.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Still injured, knee trouble I think. At least now we have a very capable option (I avoid using the word replacement).

whos the capable option?

v.true but 1-0 against Leicester was hardly convincing :P (dont say anything about our game against aston villa :eek: )

yes
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahem, Saha...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahem, Saha...
yes but ur still stuck with forlan :rolleyes:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yes but ur still stuck with forlan :rolleyes:
On the contrary, 'tis an honour to have such a fine player on our books.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On the contrary, 'tis an honour to have such a fine player on our books.
Anyways, Keane is playing for Ireland again, so good for the team. And RvN going to Barcelona this summer?

Agent won't rule out Barcelona for Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy

The agent of Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy is said to have held talks with Barcelona president Joan Laporta this week.
Rodger Linse is reported to have met with Laporta on Monday in the Catalan capital.

Linse is quoted in El Mundo Deportivo saying: "It's crazy to think that he will be playing for Barcelona next year because he renewed his contract for two more years in January.

"I don't want to say that it's impossible because I'm not Manchester United, nor do I represent them.

"But I think it's a little bit complicated. There is only a possibility when the two clubs reach an agreement and until that happens, there is no sense in talking about it.

"I insist that this does not mean that van Nistelrooy doesn't want to go to Barca. Only that in the current situation, he has four years left with United.

"I can only act and speak to the player if the club give me permission and at the moment, I don't have that."
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The agent is hardly a voice of the player. Ruud has very recently stated his desire to end his career at Manchester United and at the top of his game (he wants to avoid slipping down leagues and being mediocre and stuff, wants to do it the way Cantona did).
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Staying at Man U is a good way to avoid being mediocre, as everyone who plays for them mysteriously gets called 'one of the best in the world' despite being ostensibly mediocre
Leave Bosnich out of this.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Bosnich... I thought taking coke was supposed to make you lose weight.
Obviously you have your information wrong, just look at Maradona
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's too scared, that's the real reason! He knows that against our 11 man defence he wasn't gonna have a good night .

Yeh it is getting interesting. I was hoping we would have beaten Leeds and Fulham before tonight but we didn't . We now have to beat Blackburn, Man City, Charlton and Portsmouth, and maybe Arsenal last day. Easy, no sweat !
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
He's too scared, that's the real reason! He knows that against our 11 man defense he wasn't gonna have a good night.

Yeh it is getting interesting. I was hoping we would have beaten Leeds and Fulham before tonight but we didn't . We now have to beat Blackburn, Man City, Charlton and Portsmouth, and maybe Arsenal last day. Easy, no sweat !
m8 i think you deserved something from the game, izzent and bent shouldve put their chances away...but i dont think man u were playing anywhere as gd as they should b
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
m8 i think you deserved something from the game, izzent and bent shouldve put their chances away...but i dont think man u were playing anywhere as gd as they should b
True. It sounded like we deserved a draw and at least it was only 1-0 and not anything too embarrassing (lol thats how we think down near the bottom ).

We just can't finish off our chances, even when handed out on a plate...
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Celtic out!! Sonny Anderson doin wat he does best.
Newcastle through!! Well played newcastle!!
Wicked Barce - Betis game ( i think it was betis forget now) 1-1 but 2 sent off for Barca!! Brilliant game
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Celtic out!! Sonny Anderson doin wat he does best.
Newcastle through!! Well played newcastle!!
Wicked Barce - Betis game ( i think it was betis forget now) 1-1 but 2 sent off for Barca!! Brilliant game
Marseille next round... i can see Barthez getting up to his old european antics again :rolleyes: it would be great if newcastle went on to win the cup (even more qualifiers for england :cool: )
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
Marseille next round... i can see Barthez getting up to his old european antics again :rolleyes: it would be great if newcastle went on to win the cup (even more qualifiers for england :cool: )
Lol, Barthez. I'm still a bit confused over Man us keeper situation, Barthez always had a first team place over Caroll, so how come he is gettin games instead of Howard? Do winners of uefa cup qualify for champions league or just uefa cup again?
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol, Barthez. I'm still a bit confused over Man us keeper situation, Barthez always had a first team place over Caroll, so how come he is gettin games instead of Howard? Do winners of uefa cup qualify for champions league or just uefa cup again?
UEFA cup again but Newcastle might come 4th in the league... it will mean a LOAD of new qualifiers though if newc win the UEFA cup and chelsea win the champs league- especially with millwall already through!
dunno what is happening with united... fergie rested howard and then caroll has had a good spell (starting with that save against arsenal- toure's header). i think he's blown his chance now though. he made a ****-up yesterday where izzet almost scored
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
UEFA cup again but Newcastle might come 4th in the league... it will mean a LOAD of new qualifiers though if newc win the UEFA cup and chelsea win the champs league- especially with millwall already through!
dunno what is happening with united... fergie rested howard and then caroll has had a good spell (starting with that save against arsenal- toure's header). i think he's blown his chance now though. he made a ****-up yesterday where izzet almost scored
Yeah he did! Hopefully Howard will be back in goal for pompey, i dont trust caroll. I think Fergie was kinda punishin Howard for the Porto game, cus hes a bit stubborn like that.
Lookin good for English teams in Europe then (for the near future and beyond)
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah he did! Hopefully Howard will be back in goal for pompey, i dont trust caroll. I think Fergie was kinda punishin Howard for the Porto game, cus hes a bit stubborn like that.
Lookin good for English teams in Europe then (for the near future and beyond)
hmm perhaps... howard has played amazing this season and he has had his rest so i think he should be reinstated in the team!
the english stuff doesnt really compare to spain a couple of seasons back with 3 out of 4 champs league semi-finalists :confused:
i think that the french taems have done extremely well this year- monaco, marseille, lyon etc.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
hmm perhaps... howard has played amazing this season and he has had his rest so i think he should be reinstated in the team!
the english stuff doesnt really compare to spain a couple of seasons back with 3 out of 4 champs league semi-finalists :confused:
i think that the french taems have done extremely well this year- monaco, marseille, lyon etc.
Yeah French teams have been doin amazing this season. Very unexpected. Maybe France will become the new dominance of league footie. Nah, what am i thinkin
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.48%
No (58)
11.03%
I'm not old enough (213)
40.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed