What happened?

Cheers man btw!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Few quotes I found about Cisse's injury; seems a right nasty one too..

"He is only 22 and, given that his game is based on athleticism,strength and speed, one wonders if he will ever be the same again" - timesonline.co.uk

"an innocuous challenge from Jay McEveley left the Liverpool man catching his foot in the turf and with all available evidence pointing to him having suffered a badly broken leg" guardian.co.uk

"Cisse had surgery on Sunday to pin his tibia back together after his shin was broken in two places" bbc online

:cool: unlucky my son
ouch poor cisse
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ah damn! Missed it!

What happened?

Cheers man btw!
Westlake absolutely burned her. Was a clear length or so ahead after the first 25m at the turn and the commentator was like 'this is where Pickering will show her skill and experience with a blistering turn' but Westlake's was just as good and he ended up winning quite comfortably. Brilliant to watch though.

She's Britain's most successful female swimmer ever and she was beaten by an Ipswich Town footballer :eek:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
off subject; is anyone surprised that this thread is a sticky yet. its by far the most posted thread in sport (even in the whole forum) :tsr:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
even in the whole forum :tsr:
Step forward: Harry Potter

I can't believe the amount of people posting on that, it's amazing. Even though I hate the bugger, you've got to admit the effect it has on people is certainly admirable. Although they are all sad recluses with no lives
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Step forward: Harry Potter

I can't believe the amount of people posting on that, it's amazing. Even though I hate the bugger, you've got to admit the effect it has on people is certainly admirable. Although they are all sad recluses with no lives
lol, so very true. however i do like the books, just not enough to be madly obsessed and write about them on a forum

at least harry potter has a subforum though, football doesn't "shrugs" oh well
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Westlake absolutely burned her. Was a clear length or so ahead after the first 25m at the turn and the commentator was like 'this is where Pickering will show her skill and experience with a blistering turn' but Westlake's was just as good and he ended up winning quite comfortably. Brilliant to watch though.

She's Britain's most successful female swimmer ever and she was beaten by an Ipswich Town footballer :eek:
:eek: LOL! :eek:

Sounds like good watching!
I'll try and catch a reply on sky sports news. :cool:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
End of the month, who are your players, manager of the month?

Players: Lee Hendrie (Villa) Andy Johnson (Palace)

Managers: Moyes (Everton) McClaren (Boro)

Ps: welcome back aman , unlucky cisse
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
End of the month, who are your players, manager of the month?

Players: Lee Hendrie (Villa) Andy Johnson (Palace)

Managers: Moyes (Everton) McClaren (Boro)

Ps: welcome back aman , unlucky cisse

Players: Luis Garcia (Liverpool) Tim Cahill (Everton)

Managers: Moyes (Everton) Sam Allardyce (Bolton)
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manager: Dowie, McClaren, Moyes

Player: Downing, Hendrie, Andy Johnson
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone hear the Bolton chairmans interview?

''we are playing in the best league in the world against great teams like Tottenham, Everton and the rest''

Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manager of the Month - David Moyes sorry to be biased, but if he doesn't get it then there is something very wrong. We haven't slipped from third in the table (which he deserves knighting for because it seemed impossible) and we've even closed the gap on the top two - whilst also extending the gap to 4th position. Well done Davey!

Although... there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that he will get it.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manager of the Month - David Moyes sorry to be biased, but if he doesn't get it then there is something very wrong. We haven't slipped from third in the table (which he deserves knighting for because it seemed impossible) and we've even closed the gap on the top two - whilst also extending the gap to 4th position. Well done Davey!

I wouldn't say no chance, but I'd be surprised if it didn't go to Graeme Souness, even though he doesn't deserve it.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't say no chance, but I'd be surprised if it didn't go to Graeme Souness, even though he doesn't deserve it.
Although.. Middlesbrough are also doing well, as are Newcastle (as you mentioned). Give it to Iain Dowie, then he could sell the trophy and fund some facial improvements with the profit he makes :cool:
technik
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Although.. Middlesbrough are also doing well, as are Newcastle (as you mentioned). Give it to Iain Dowie, then he could sell the trophy and fund some facial improvements with the profit he makes :cool:
Aye Iain Dowie tbh.

Top notch northern irish man...cept being english but hush.

Man City will win the prem tho dan. mark my words!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
New signature in place....
Just thought I had to mention it on this thread...
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, Graeme Souness is no longer unbeaten as Newcastle manager so he probably won't get it now. Boro are unbeaten this month.......(7 games in all comps)......I reckon it's now between McClaren and Moyes (although Dowie deserves it more because he's working with a side even worse than Everton )
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I personally totally agree, the fact that Everton are third and have remained third is really worth a pat on the back. David Moyes seems to have done wonders with a team no-one would thought would even get a place in Europe let alone sitting in a CL qualifying position (although its unlikely to stay that way)...and hey all without Shrek himself!

Souness doesnt deserve his playing with a team that was built by Robo who was so unfairly dismissed its disgusting man!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, Graeme Souness is no longer unbeaten as Newcastle manager so he probably won't get it now. Boro are unbeaten this month.......(7 games in all comps)......I reckon it's now between McClaren and Moyes (although Dowie deserves it more because he's working with a side even worse than Everton )
If you are unbeaten, then I reckon Mr Mclaren will be receiving it! Doesn't mean I don't want Moyesy to get it! :mad:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I personally totally agree, the fact that Everton are third and have remained third is really worth a pat on the back. David Moyes seems to have done wonders with a team no-one would thought would even get a place in Europe let alone sitting in a CL qualifying position (although its unlikely to stay that way)...and hey all without Shrek himself!
wow, you're too cool! :cool: Moyes the Messiah!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise