Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Real's group looks exciting.
Yeah tis well close!
Real lying third at the moment! :eek:
Still any of Kiev, Leverkusen or Madrid could win it or muck it up!
Would be well cool if Real screw it up :cool: ...though with Roma and Leverkusen left for them to play, you feel Real should be able to qualify.

GROUP B P W D L F A PTS
Dynamo Kiev 4 2 1 1 9 5 7
B Leverkusen 4 2 1 1 9 6 7
Real Madrid 4 2 1 1 7 7 7
Roma 4 0 1 3 4 11 1
Liverpool's group is well interesting aswell!
'Pool got Monaco and Olympiakos left to play, so it may be a tad tricky for dem.

GROUP A P W D L F A PTS
Olympiakos 4 2 1 1 3 2 7
Liverpool 4 2 1 1 3 1 7
Monaco 4 2 0 2 4 4 6
Deportivo 4 0 2 2 0 3 2
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!
1-0!!!!! 1-0!!!!!! top of the table!!!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
1-0 1-0 top of the table!!!
Second actually
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Second actually
i thought it was first, and that the table had got it wrong, cos the Goal difference is in our favour. Am i missing something?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought it was first, and that the table had got it wrong, cos the Goal difference is in our favour. Am i missing something?
It's not done on goal difference. If two teams have the same points then it comes down to their head to head record in the group. Olympiakos beat us so they're above us.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
It's not done on goal difference. If two teams have the same points then it comes down to their head to head record in the group. Olympiakos beat us so they're above us.
oh ok, sorry it should soooo be on goal difference! oh well, sounds like we played well tonight even if the goal did come off the opposition for us!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh ok, sorry it should soooo be on goal difference! oh well, sounds like we played well tonight even if the goal did come off the opposition for us!
Let's just win out next two games and then goal difference or head-to-head records wont even come into it! Did you watch the game? We played well. Traore and Biscan looked suprisingly good. And Baros would have scored if the defender hadnt got there before him!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Let's just win out next two games and then goal difference or head-to-head records wont even come into it! Did you watch the game? We played well. Traore and Biscan looked suprisingly good. And Baros would have scored if the defender hadnt got there before him!
no, i didn't get chance to watch the game, i've been ill today grrr. anyway, yeah it sounds like the squad worked well together. It also sounds like some of them (like baros) are doing soooooo much better under benitez now. Who was in the squad? (poor cisse )
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Starting lineup was (If I remember correctly): Kirkland, Traore, Josemi, Hyypia, Carragher, Biscan, Hamann, Louis Garcia, Riise, Kewell, Baros. It actually took me until about half way through the first half to actually realise that Kewell was in the pitch (shows how effective he was!)
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Starting lineup was (If I remember correctly): Kirkland, Traore, Josemi, Hyypia, Carragher, Biscan, Hamann, Louis Garcia, Riise, Kewell, Baros. It actually took me until about half way through the first half to actually realise that Kewell was in the pitch (shows how effective he was!)
lol yeah. he's not having the best time at the moment. oh i wish i had sky or whatever so i could watch these games, or am i just being dim and it was on channel five or something btw, how easy would it be for me to get two saints v liverpool game tickets for the january game? its my dads birthday on that day and he's a liver supporter like me, got any suggestions?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol yeah. he's not having the best time at the moment. oh i wish i had sky or whatever so i could watch these games, or am i just being dim and it was on channel five or something btw, how easy would it be for me to get two saints v liverpool game tickets for the january game? its my dads birthday on that day and he's a liver supporter like me, got any suggestions?
I'm probably not the best person to ask. I live near London and due to money/transport/never being able to get a ticket, I don't go to games very often. Sorry. Try posting on the Liverpool message boards, there's some really helpful people on there. www.liverpoolfc.tv

It was on Sky Sports Extra btw
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm probably not the best person to ask. I live near London and due to money/transport/never being able to get a ticket, I don't go to games very often. Sorry. Try posting on the Liverpool message boards, there's some really helpful people on there. www.liverpoolfc.tv

It was on Sky Sports Extra btw
cool, cheers. anyway, off to sleep. night night
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just got back from the Riverside. Anyone watch it on ch5?

"Middlesbrough's fine form in Europe continued as they comfortably saw off Lazio 2-0 at The Riverside to maintain their perfect record in the Uefa Cup group stages. In truth, the scoreline did not do the Teessiders justice as they completely dominated a poor Italian outfit.

Zenden struck in either half to secure a well-deserved win, while Stuart Downing put in another hugely impressive display."

We had 60% possession and 20 shots. What a game, what an atmosphere.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)

"Middlesbrough's fine form in Europe continued as they comfortably saw off Lazio 2-0 at The Riverside to maintain their perfect record in the Uefa Cup group stages. In truth, the scoreline did not do the Teessiders justice as they completely dominated a poor Italian outfit.

Zenden struck in either half to secure a well-deserved win, while Stuart Downing put in another hugely impressive display."

Absoulte quality!!!
The lazio back 3 gave it away so easily it was a joke. Boateng was quality in the middle. The defence had hardly anything to do however there were a few scares when they got men over on breaks up the pitch.

Downing is an star already! So mature with the ball and soo quick.

Zenden's first was an thunderbolt and must of nearly broken the net.
The only disappointment was that we didnt get more, however that takes nothing off a superb display. Long may our unbeaten history in Europe continue.
We must surely be odds on favourites to go through from the group.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
We must surely be odds on favourites to go through from the group.
3 points clear at the top :cool:
And we just hammered Lazio :cool: :cool:
And Downing gets better with each game :cool: :cool: :cool:
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago

Wicked game! (Though i only saw the final half an hour)
Boro were completly dominating, impressive stuff!
Zenden really is quality!
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
got its good being a boro fan at the moment, just a pity mendetia is going to be out for so long, tho have seen talk of us buying kranjcar.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're right about Downing. Tonight was the first I'd really seen of him
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (8)
66.67%
No (2)
16.67%
I'm not old enough (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed