The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yeah French teams have been doin amazing this season. Very unexpected. Maybe France will become the new dominance of league footie. Nah, what am i thinkin
lol strange that France have the best national side (2nd best according to rankings), yet the standard of play in their leagues isn't so hot... they always have a load of wicked youngsters as well!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
lol strange that France have the best national side (2nd best according to rankings), yet the standard of play in their leagues isn't so hot... they always have a load of wicked youngsters as well!
can we blame this on arsenal?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
can we blame this on arsenal?
I think we can. Though chelsea have there fair share aswell ( i know Man utd have a couple too). They all seem to be in the premiership. (Or Juventus originally). But who can blame them, its the best place to be! (prem i mean)
Rakooga
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Monaco and Lyon haven't done bad this year in the champions league
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think we can. Though chelsea have there fair share aswell ( i know Man utd have a couple too). They all come to premiership. Or Juventus originally.
comparing to other countries it looks like we have v.little exports? i cant name more than a handful of 'british' players (hargreaves...beckham...) playing in leagues outside gb!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
comparing to other countries it looks like we have v.little exports? i cant name more than a handful of 'british' players (hargreaves...beckham...) playing in leagues outside gb!
Its cus the premiership is the place to be!! (stupid becks)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol too true
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They haven't been successful abroad. Ince was a disappointment at Inter. And you can't really count Hargreaves as an export, he's never played in the English leagues.
Rakooga
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
probably because we have a pretty strong league here. You don't get too many Italian exports either if you compare it to countries like France/Portugal
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If there's one thing we ain't missed about Beckham, it's the press attention. Imagine if he was still at United with recent events. We'd probably have won th league and been on course for a Treble but hey...
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Apparently there are quite a few 'unknown' players playing abroad. I can't name any as I don't know who they are, but it was on Soccer AM or something.
Quite a few of Manchester United's youths, getting some experience in Belgium, for example.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whereas Newcastle's youths get their experience in Amsterdam
How did they get on by the way? I know Celtic blew it but...
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Anyways, Keane is playing for Ireland again, so good for the team. And RvN going to Barcelona this summer?
Is Keane playin for Ireland good or bad :confused:. I don't know
Nistel wouldn't go to Barca cus he doesnt like kluivert.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Could be good for United as Keane will have to play less, Djemba and Fletch get more of a chance, I think Miller might break through too.

More Ruud stories, all bull I assure thee. Won't please Barcelona, or English defences.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I know they are through but don't know the score.
2-1
3-2 on aggregate
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
gosh van nistelrooy and kluivert upfront? :confused: everyone knows they dont partner well internationally
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I don't see much potential in this Fletcher. I think he'll never amount to much. Mind you, I said that about Beckham once.
Fletcher will probably become really famous and marry cheryl tweedy , now ya sed that.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't see much potential in this Fletcher. I think he'll never amount to much. Mind you, I said that about Beckham once.
[AUTODEFENCE] Darren Fletcher is a skilled and talented footballer. Slightly clumsy but experience should sort that. A potentially fruitful central midfielder. He'll play a lot for Scotland at least, hey he's already an international!
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kevin Kyle is a Scotland international, so that shows you how much weight that carries.
Yeah I didn't mean for that particular point to carry much weight. We'll see won't we.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The next major decision for Keane will be when he decides to move to Celtic after Man Utd for a couple of easy years and successful in scottish football before eventually retiring from the game and looking to go into the management side of football.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (115)
19.49%
Labour (298)
50.51%
Liberal Democrats (77)
13.05%
Green Party (30)
5.08%
Brexit Party (7)
1.19%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.02%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.51%
UKIP (8)
1.36%
Other (4)
0.68%
None (23)
3.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise