The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Why oh who oh (spells yoyo) do managers insist on having their initials stitched to their coats in massive white lettering?
I think the "who" ruins your spelling my friend.

Isn't that just part of the code of training kit and the like?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
lol reminds me of my mate- he applied for an international job at some little country somewhere (kiribati i think?) through an advert in the 442 mag. he said that he had won the premiership with man utd and got to the final shortlist of 3 :cool: i think they must have sussed him out!
!!!

Who'd want that bloody job! I'm going to make a speculative application for the England job after Portugal 2004.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
!!!

Who'd want that bloody job! I'm going to make a speculative application for the England job after Portugal 2004.
Not if i beat u to it
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Not if i beat u to it
Oh no you don't!

I've been having daydreams about being Man Utd manager again recently. It's my dream job.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Oh no you don't!

I've been having daydreams about being Man Utd manager again recently. It's my dream job.
lol, tis my ambition. But nowadays i'm considerin bying stevenage, when i get the cash, and appointin my self manager, then takin them to premiership glory
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol, tis my ambition. But nowadays i'm considerin bying stevenage, when i get the cash, and appointin my self manager, then takin them to premiership glory
surely itcosts about a tenner...bates bought chelsea for £1 didnt he?
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
!!!

I've got a little plan all sorted. im gonna move to some island in the pacific ocean, live there for five years (or is it 10) and get citizenship there, walk into the national side and lead them to world cup glory simple!
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Enjoy playing Accrington Stanley twice a year.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Accrington Stanley reminds me of the definitive football-related tv ad of my youth - "Accrington Stanley, who are they" "Exactly!" Quality.
The one with Ian Rush right? Shame, no Nike adverts back in your day
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The one with Ian Rush right? Shame, no Nike adverts back in your day

Shame, no pepsi ads back in your day
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There were but they were crap and not as big budget as they are now. That was when it was pronounced 'nighk' and not 'nighkee'
"Nighkee" is the original pronunciation. Nike was the Greek god of victory if I remember correctly. And it was pronounced "nighkee".
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Nighkee" is the original pronunciation. Nike was the Greek god of victory if I remember correctly. And it was pronounced "nighkee".
yes its definitely 'nighkee' :cool:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I meant the original pronounciation in my primary school.
Just thought I'd educate people. We used to study Greek and Roman mythology and civilisation in primary school, how interesting it all was.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i pronounce it 'nighk'... 'nighkee' sounds so american they do make quality adverts though! the website is commendable too.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
i pronounce it 'nighk'... 'nighkee' sounds so american they do make quality adverts though! the website is commendable too.
nikefootball.com is well fun as an occasional thing, lacks scope though. I enjoy NikeID though!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
well its american afterall
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Kleberson and Forlan goin in summer? :eek:
Heard a lot of talk about it.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
kleberson - already? forlan - doesnt surprise me, but where will he be going?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't want either to go but it seems that maybe they're <gulp> surplus to requirements...

Few expected Fletcher to break into the side, if he hadn't done I think Kleberson would be more prominent. As for Forlan, no one envisaged the purchase of Saha later on.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
kleberson - already? forlan - doesnt surprise me, but where will he be going?
Look to this:

Abramovich held Beckham talks about Chelsea move
April 15, 2004

Real Madrid star David Beckham is said to have already held talks with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich about a return to England at the end of the season.
The Daily Express says Beckham met with Abramovich in February to discuss a move to the London club.

The England skipper has come under increasing pressure in Spain as Real's season has fallen off the rails in recent weeks.

Abramovich is prepared to offer £28 million for Beckham's transfer and also hand him a £100,000-a-week wage to join the Blues.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)