The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Shevchenko wins European footballer of the year!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What The
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jack Schitt)
frankly some of the arsenal players' blatant diving is shameful. Culprits being Vieira (vs Liverpool) and on a regular basis Pires and even Ljungberg
To be honest, Vieira doesn't do it often, and neither does freddie (maybe he goes down rather easily though). Pires, yes, and bloody Lauren (he pisses me off big time, especially with his overacting as well :mad: )
As Mikey says, it's done by lots of clubs, and thankfully, it doesn't happen as much in the Premiership, compared with the rest of Europe.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When is Ronaldinho gonna win world player of the year? or has it been done already?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
When is Ronaldinho gonna win world player of the year? or has it been done already?
Coming up soon I think....unless Shevchenko gets it
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
20th of December... though I wouldn't count out either Shevchenko or Henry.

There has already been the World Soccer Player of the year, earlier this month, which Ronaldinho won with 28% of the votes and Henry was 2nd with 22%

God knows how Deco came 2nd in the European player of the year! :eek: :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jack Schitt)
frankly some of the arsenal players' blatant diving is shameful. Culprits being Vieira (vs Liverpool) and on a regular basis Pires and even Ljungberg
Yep, if I was ref I would have booked Pires for diving

But it can go against you when you genuinely don't dive and get booked. Having said that some footballers not known for diving do get booked when they didn't dive, e.g. Didier Drogba.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Yep, if I was ref I would have booked Pires for diving

But it can go against you when you genuinely don't dive and get booked. Having said that some footballers not known for diving do get booked when they didn't dive, e.g. Didier Drogba.
Or is it that players such as Drogba are just better at disusing their diving
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Utd unlucky twice in quick succession, but that was a good goal by Smith

1-0 Utd after half an hour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Half time

Utd really dominating.
Ronaldo shot goes *just* wide close to the end of the half.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
Utd unlucky twice in quick succession, but that was a good goal by Smith

1-0 Utd after half an hour
LoL! Smith is so cool! :cool:

When I first saw his tackle I thought it was a Horrendous foul! Haha!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
LoL! Smith is so cool! :cool:

When I first saw his tackle I thought it was a Horrendous foul! Haha!
Nah, that was a wicked tackle! :cool:
(unusual for him )
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
Nah, that was a wicked tackle! :cool:
Yeah I know...

United should really be like 3 up!
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh man!
Jack Schitt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Ha ha.
LOL.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fulham deserved a point out of that.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fair result, dubious free kick. More dubious than the penalty given against you at Old Trafford and look what many Arsenal fans were complaining about...If the same situation goes against Arsenal's way, I'll be watching for reactions.
I don't know whether your talking about the free-kick being awarded or the way it was taken, either way I disagree with you. First of all blantantly a free-kick, even the "god" that is Andy Gray agreed with this. With reference to the actually free-kick being taken, poll asked henry if he wanted to take it quick more than once and he said yes, gudjohnson (sp) was standing there like a gormless fool (Re:mod that changed it-i didnt know that was considered a swear word) and heard the whole conversation and could have told the goalie and the wall to assemble before the whistle was blown. And thirdly may i take you back to september 2000 against Leeds at home. Leeds took a "quick" free-quick then also, it was a goal, and it stood as a goal, the reaction at the time was dubious, but it stood and so should the free-kick on sunday, as they were both perfectly fair...just a little unexpected
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't know whether your talking about the free-kick being awarded or the way it was taken, either way I disagree with you.
You can't tell? How was it a free kick to start with? A little contact and he [Pires] tumbles down like anything. There was more contact with the penalty at Old Trafford.

(Original post by Kuz)
First of all blantantly a free-kick, even the "god" that is Andy Gray agreed with this.
How was it blatant? And you only quote one source? I'd rather have the views of Pierluigi Colina, rather than some retired Scot. And he's not a 'god' by any means in the football business. Cluffy is.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can't tell? How was it a free kick to start with? A little contact and he [Pires] tumbles down like anything. There was more contact with the penalty at Old Trafford.

How was it blatant? And you only quote one source? I'd rather have the views of Pierluigi Colina, rather than some retired Scot. And he's not a 'god' by any means in the football business. Cluffy is.
Sorry but once again I disagree, there was full contact warranting the free-kick. There was contact with his legs and not the ball. I have watched 3 sets of replys to no that this is the truth and whatever you say or THINK this is what happened, and in that circumstance darling a free-kick is given! And yes Cluffy was a "god", however Andy Gray is one of the best in his field and in MY OPINION hunny he can recieve my worship!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Sorry but once again I disagree, there was full contact warranting the free-kick. There was contact with his legs and not the ball. I have watched 3 sets of replys to no that this is the truth and whatever you say or THINK this is what happened, and in that circumstance darling a free-kick is given! And yes Cluffy was a "god", however Andy Gray is one of the best in his field and in MY OPINION hunny he can recieve worship!
:elefant: :elefant:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)