The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Bccause he can hit a ball quite hard from a long distance?
Yes :p:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Yes :p:

Touche
hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
midfielder, good attacker/whacker of the football.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
3-1 *is happy*
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because if he was on the pitch 50,000 (fat and smelly ) Geordies would:
a - kick the out of him
b - kick the out of Graeme Souness
c - kick the out of him and Graeme Souness
LOL!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a few Liverpool FC 'fans' who I class as friends, they are really pissing me off at the moment, as they seem to think that they will make a marvellous recovery in this seasons premier league, and think that we will still get relegated (what idiots, stupid idiots).
Well, will we get relegated you scumbags plastic scouse liverpool fans? NO.
Will you finish in the top four? NO.

Will you beat Leverkusen? NO.
Is your manager an irratic spaniard? YES.

We are where we are because that is where we deserve to be. It's about time we got some credit for it, instead of being tipped to make a great spiral down to the opposite end of the league.
So, happy christmas Liverpool, and make the most out of being 9 points behind us, because it is the closest you are going to come for the entirety of this season.

EVERTON FC.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you know how I occassionally re-post chats' post a while back betting me £50 that Downing wouldn't play for England within 2 years? Well I think I may also be re-posting this one up to the top a few times as well.

Happy Christmas afireinside©
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I have a few Liverpool FC 'fans' who I class as friends, they are really pissing me off at the moment, as they seem to think that they will make a marvellous recovery in this seasons premier league, and think that we will still get relegated (what idiots, stupid idiots).

We are where we are because that is where we deserve to be. It's about time we got some credit for it, instead of being tipped to make a great spiral down to the opposite end of the league.
So, happy christmas Liverpool, and make the most out of being 9 points behind us, because it is the closest you are going to come for the entirety of this season.

EVERTON FC.

being a liverpool fan i have to say summat...

liverpool will get some sort of form before season's end, hopefully finish 4th, i mean, its only 6 points away...

everton will not get relegated, will probably be 3rd/4th come season end and liverpool between 4th and 6th.

liverpool have shown they cna do what needs to be done on the night, and for this reason i think they will do just enough in the second leg to get through...

erratic spaniard? i can't agree with that. home form does not agree with that. remember, a lot of everton fans were shouting for Moyes' head last season, but i bet they'll deny it now.

to put it bluntly everton are higher than where they should realistically be, all credit to moyes that he has got the 17 (or whatever) placed lads, minus their both their top scorer and 'the best player in the world' (sic) to 3rd at christmas (assuming arsenal beat pompey, which IMO is a fair assumption) don't get me wrong, everton are good enough to finish top 5 this year, but surely even the most diehard of fans will accept there isn't the squad depth to keep going until season end at 2nd in the prem.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is this the only thread that takes literally 20 seconds to load? I'm on 1mb broadband and every other page loads instantly.

*in bad mood after newcastle were beating liverpool 1-0, now losing 2-1 *
Ummmm try still being on dial-up
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
everton will not get relegated, will probably be 3rd/4th come season end
No way.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
damnit, arsenal have scored. i was hoping pompy could keep it out, shame they haven't
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

EVERTON FC.
Admittedly Everton have done well, but sooner or later there will be injurys to a few 'big' players and you don't have the cover to carry on performing well.

Also if Rafa Benetiz is nowhere near as irratic as evertons league positions over the past 4-5 years.

Anyway I still think you haven't got the infrastructure that Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Boro and Villa all have, therefore they'll all be above you in time, maybe not this season (but possibly) but definately within a couple of seasons.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a goal from such an unlikely source.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a goal from such an unlikely source.
True must be his first goal in ages and definately the first outside the box ever.
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
True must be his first goal in ages and definately the first outside the box ever.
Indeed, hes managed something that V.Nistelrooy hasnt. Then again, i guess you have to leave the box to score from outside it...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Also if Rafa Benetiz is nowhere near as irratic as evertons league positions over the past 4-5 years.
Benitez*
Anyway I still think you haven't got the infrastructure that Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Boro and Villa all have, therefore they'll all be above you in time, maybe not this season (but possibly) but definately within a couple of seasons.
But you are forgetting that Everton will receive a guaranteed £25million from the sale of Rooney (...who?), and have a minimum of £10m to spend in January (although it looks like Moyes will choose to wait until the summer). On top of this there is a new major shareholder who is buying 40% of the club worth another guaranteed £30million +

All in all it looks rather rosy
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Indeed, hes managed something that V.Nistelrooy hasnt. Then again, i guess you have to leave the box to score from outside it...
LOL, good point, but RVD has recieved the ball outside the box before scoring... it's just he choses to embaress a few defenders before knocking it in.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But you are forgetting that Everton will receive a guaranteed £25million from the sale of Rooney (...who?), and have a minimum of £10m to spend in January (although it looks like Moyes will choose to wait until the summer). On top of this there is a new major shareholder who is buying 40% of the club worth another guaranteed £30million +

All in all it looks rather rosy
Only time will tell.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Only time will tell.
True.

But, I would say that the future of EFC is looking a lot better than the future of Newcastle, Villa et cetera..
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True.

But, I would say that the future of EFC is looking a lot better than the future of Newcastle, Villa et cetera..
With 13 players out of contract?
I would agree with it looking brighter than Newcastle but Villa are starting to build foundations and their Youth set up is the second most productive (in terms of int. call ups from U15s-U21s) in the country - behind Boro's
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (115)
19.49%
Labour (298)
50.51%
Liberal Democrats (77)
13.05%
Green Party (30)
5.08%
Brexit Party (7)
1.19%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.02%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)