The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
Chelsea must be up there with the top group on this we have only conceded 8 goals I think
Season-wise we are on course in having the lowest ratio for goals conceded : game. The current record is with Liverpool in a 42 game season.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cech hasn't let in a goal in nearly 11 hours!!!
PS He hasn't been playing that long all at once though!LOL
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
Cech hasn't let in a goal in nearly 11 hours!!!
It's not just Cech, but effectively thr whole team. It has been said that the goalkeeper is as only as good as your defence. But when your defence gets beaten by opponents in play, you sometimes have to rely on your goalkeeper. You see, I think Edwin van der Sar (sp) for Fulham is better than his defence. I'd be interested to hear if any Fulham supporters agree with me here.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It's not just Cech, but effectively thr whole team. It has been said that the goalkeeper is as only as good as your defence. But when your defence gets beaten by opponents in play, you sometimes have to rely on your goalkeeper. You see, I think Edwin van der Sar (sp) for Fulham is better than his defence. I'd be interested to hear if any Fulham supporters agree with me here.
Yeap Chelsea do have the best defence. I was watching Liverpool earlier and their defence was appalling. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm interested to see how Arsenal will respond tomorrow with Chelsea and Man Utd likely to gain victories today. Also Charlton away from home are 1-0 up against Everton.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
61 points 'till tomorrow fingers crossed it stays the same.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whats happening in the Middlesborough - Norwich game!!! :eek: 4-4?!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I suspect that Norwich 4 - 4 Middlesbrough game will be on at 8.25pm on Sky Sports 1. What a come back by Norwich from being down by three goals.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
didn't they do well!!!! still think norwich will get relegated though.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
still think norwich will get relegated though.
May be.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I suspect that Norwich 4 - 4 Middlesbrough game will be on at 8.25pm on Sky Sports 1. What a come back by Norwich from being down by three goals.
How on earth did we throw away a 4-1 lead!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
How on earth did we throw away a 4-1 lead!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
You should be able to find out later on if it's on TV. No idea if you have Sky or just terrestial TV.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You should be able to find out later on if it's on TV. No idea if you have Sky or just terrestial TV.
Dont know if I want to watch it, will probably give me nightmares, we arent winning the matches we should be and with liverpool losing it was the perfect opportunity to go back above them.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
...and with liverpool losing it was the perfect opportunity to go back above them.
It was. If Liverpool have yet to play Arsenal at Highbury there's always that.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was. If Liverpool have yet to play Arsenal at Highbury there's always that.
If we cannot beat the 2nd worse team in the premiership when we have a 4-1 lead we are in trouble. Sure I suspect there was an element of luck to it, but unluckly teams dont normally do all that well in the long run.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, a look into your Liverpool's and Middlesbrough's fixtures might be of some worth. It's not over yet.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, a look into your Liverpool's and Middlesbrough's fixtures might be of some worth. It's not over yet.
I know but if you arent winning matches it doesnt matter what the other teams does. We've won one in the last 6 i think.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We've won one in the last 6 i think.
If it's any consolation, Everton lost to Charlton.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You might have to make sure you finish with one more point than Liverpool by viture of the goal difference, but the difference between yours and theirs is not too great as there are plenty of more games to play.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Good win for United... was worrying times for 20 minutes or so! :eek:

Wicked performance by Southampton earlier! Complelty outclassed Liverpool!
...Liverpool were abysmal... hopefully they will take their poor form into the Watford game midweek!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (254)
48.75%
No (57)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (210)
40.31%

Watched Threads