This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
lmao!

no not really, from my relyed source he has played away more than once...disgusting for a man that has a wife and two beautiful kids *tut tut*
oh yea and that marbeck woman, but she didnt shag becks
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Its a cup competition, so it can't really judge who is the best team. You need a season-long league to do that.
Exactly...doesn't take a rocket scientist does it!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Don't read the entire signature or did you jus decide to stop reading! :rolleyes:
No, I recognised the fact that it was a lame excuse. If they were "the best team" then they wouldn't ahve this problem which caused them to lose important matches, would they?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
oh yea and that marbeck woman, but she didnt shag becks
i don't know if this new woman is telling the truth, but trust me this loos woman is telling the truth, and he has other affairs, but Posh hasn't been completley faithful to him either!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
i don't know if this new woman is telling the truth, but trust me this loos woman is telling the truth, and he has other affairs, but Posh hasn't been completley faithful to him either!
oh yea i heard about her and the music producer and bono
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Exactly...doesn't take a rocket scientist does it!
Read my reply. It is currently the best indicator that there is, therefore Arsenal being knocked out by a rival premiership side hardly backs up "Arenal being the best."

If I am being extremely picky, I could say that ifnact the best team is the team who has the best recent record in the champions league (madrid). On both counts, Arsenal are sub-standard.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you mean two in a whole season? Also, in any individual match, either of the teams can win, no matter how much one team is better than the other.
Indeed, but the Champion's league is the best indicator of who the best european team is. Even in consideration of their champions league record in recent years, they are still 100% inferior to many clubs. Which is what counts.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Look at the league if you want to see how Arsenal compare to the rival premiership sides, not one game in which anything can happen.
I wasn't comparing Arsenal to rival premiership sides though.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
No, I recognised the fact that it was a lame excuse. If they were "the best team" then they wouldn't ahve this problem which caused them to lose important matches, would they?
Bono from your comments earlier on in the thread, its quite blatant that you don't really follow football heartly, but on prescence form, I believe that Arsenal are the best team in Europe, over this season both domestic and in europe we have lost a total of 4 games, better form then anyother team I can think of at present. I blame us losing to Chelsea the other week down to fatigue, a punishing Easter and pre-Easter schedule of matches, meant our players were tired, and did not play the football they are usually accredited too. To me I won't let two games of undoubtable bad form, dictate a whole season of glowing form, as I believe that would be quite stupid, don't you?

I'm sure if it wasn't for the fatigue Arsenal would have gone on to win both the FA Cup and the Champions league, saying too me that we are both the best team in England, Europe (and as Europe has the best football teams in the world), probably the world

So there!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh yea i heard about her and the music producer and bono
Bono? Now thats a lie!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But they were knocked out due to one single match against a premier league side they have proven they are better than.

Who cares about previous seasons? The teams change every year, so how can you take that into account. Leeds would be one of the top teams if you did that!
Exactly!

Listen Bono you might actually learn something, just because you use word like "sub-standard" doesn't mean your a credible football supporter, which seems to be obvious from your earlier posts!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Bono from your comments earlier on in the thread, its quite blatant that you don't really follow football heartly, but on prescence form, I believe that Arsenal are the best team in Europe, over this season both domestic and in europe we have lost a total of 4 games, better form then anyother team I can think of at present. I blame us losing to Chelsea the other week down to fatigue, a punishing Easter and pre-Easter schedule of matches, meant our players were tired, and did not play the football they are usually accredited too. To me I won't let two games of undoubtable bad form, dictate a whole season of glowing form, as I believe that would be quite stupid, don't you?

I'm sure if it wasn't for the fatigue Arsenal would have gone on to win both the FA Cup and the Champions league, saying too me that we are both the best team in England, Europe (and as Europe has the best football teams in the world), probably the world

So there!
as a chelsea fan i think arsenal is unfortunately still a better team than us, but i think we are close/better than United. Our team/most teams are vulnerable against Arsenal's fast counter attack. Our poor form against aston villa reiterates this really...
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It was a me-posh-becks-bono-producer daisychain.
lol!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But I don't see how the eventual champion's league winner's this season wouldn't be the best team in Europe, considering it's a European competition with the top teams involved and with the biggest prizes at stake.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Exactly!

Listen Bono you might actually learn something, just because you use word like "sub-standard" doesn't mean your a credible football supporter, which seems to be obvious from your earlier posts!
I don't support any football team really, or even follow it closely, I was just comemnting on your sig.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So saying "Arsenal being knocked out by a rival premiership side hardly backs up "Arenal being the best."" isn't comparing two premiership sides? If one discounts the premiership aspect of this, it just becomes a case of 'a side was beaten in a game so they can't be the best' which is not true, as who doesn't get beaten ever?
Chelsea may still win the league this season though.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
as a chelsea fan i think arsenal is unfortunately still a better team than us, but i think we are close/better than United. Our team/most teams are vulnerable against Arsenal's fast counter attack. Our poor form against aston villa reiterates this really...
Another man with sense (shame some can't take your lead)

With respect to your comment about being better than Utd, at the moment I think you are, Chelsea get better everyday and sometimes there attacking (though it may not be fast, but definatley tactical and sometimes sheer lucky) is particularly dangerous especially with Gujuhoson (sp?) on the ball, who I believe is one of Chelseas biggest assests, not to mention their strengthy defence!
What da hell is Crespo about though, now thats getting ripped off, most of the time he plays really really badly! why?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
But I don't see how the eventual champion's league winer's this season wouln't be the best team in Europe, considering it's a European competition with the top teams involved, with the biggest prizes at stake.
ok the winner of the champions league is 'classed' as the best team in europe -thats what ac milan call themselves after they win. If Chelsea winis its given the title of the 'champions of europe'. So bono you are right to some extent
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I don't support any football team really, or even follow it closely, I was just comemnting on your sig.
s'ok, but you have to understand that even though on the most part the CL definatley decides the best team in Europe, it is based on knockouts and anything can happen, and when it used to happen to other big name teams (and not my team) that was part of the fun of it!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because, as stated before, its a knockout competition, therefore a single game decides who gets knocked out, and given that any team can beat any other in a single game, its a lottery! Are you saying the 4 teams left in the competition are the 4 best in europe? Because they clearly aren't.
i wouldnt call it a lottery, in most cases the best team won. you can argue the same with the premiership, if arsenal wins the premiership by 3 points ahead of chelsea, you cant say arsenal is better than chelsea can you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (111)
33.64%
No I don't (155)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (64)
19.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise