The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lame)
I disagree. he can be a ho****er sometimes.

He needs to cut down on the temper, but remain attackingly 'aggressive'.
Your right, he does need to cut down on his temper. That'll come with age, though.

Also, when i called him a god, i was only exaggerating the fact that his goals and all round performance was of the highest standard.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rooney is duttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyy!!!! !!!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
He wasn't bought as a goalscorer, and you know that.
If he hits 15 goals this season i'll be more then happy.
Was bought as a goalscorer! He's a centre forward!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Although, i have to say that the best goal of the weekend was scored by Colchester's Kevin Watson. Great finish.

The look on the keepers face was priceless, i think he wanted to cry.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Was bought as a goalscorer! He's a centre forward!
He was bought for his all round game, not to be the teams goalscorer. Van Nistelrooy does that role, not Rooney.

He's not been playing Centre forward for much of the season. He played behind the centre forward for the majority of the first half of the season, and has played as a winger quite alot.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He was bought for his all round game, not to be the teams goalscorer. Van Nistelrooy does that role, not Rooney.

He's not been playing Centre forward for much of the season. He played behind the centre forward for the majority of the first half of the season, and has played as a winger quite alot.
He's a centre forward and he was bought to be an attacking player. Van Nistelrooy isn't the 'goalscorer', he is somebody who plays with the purpose to score goals, just like Rooney is..
He hasn't really lived up to his price tag as of yet.. although there is plenty of time for him to.. he needs to change his attitude, the dirty little arrogant gob****e.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's a centre forward and he was bought to be an attacking player. Van Nistelrooy isn't the 'goalscorer', he is somebody who plays with the purpose to score goals, just like Rooney is..
He hasn't really lived up to his price tag as of yet.. although there is plenty of time for him to.. he needs to change his attitude, the dirty little arrogant gob****e.
I guess we just have different opinions on what role he was bought for.

Although i'm not denying £30m too much, i am not dissapointed with him so far. He has lived up to what i've expected from him.

Had we spent £30m on, say, Shevchenko i would have expected a bagful of goals. Not with Rooney.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Newcastle 3-1!!!

Without Bellamy!! This could be the start of something great!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bitter, anyone?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
Newcastle 3-1!!!

Without Bellamy!! This could be the start of something great!
Against Coventry!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Bitter, anyone?
If we had Rooney now we would be lower in the league than 4th.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Had we spent £30m on, say, Shevchenko i would have expected a bagful of goals. Not with Rooney.
He doesn't seem to be wanting to move to an English club.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He doesn't seem to be wanting to move to an English club.
I only meant that had we spent £30m on an out and out proven goalscorer like him, then 15 goals would not have been enough. I would have expected between 30 and 40 a season.

I have no doubt that sooner or later Chelsea will offer him enough money to change his mind.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The next Premier League games take place on the 1st and 2nd of February..

Tue - 01 Feb 05

Portsm'h v M'brough
W.B.A. v C Palace
Arsenal v Man Utd
Bolton v Tot'ham
Charlton v Liv'pool

Wed - 02 Feb 05

Birm'ham v South'tn
Fulham v A Villa
Man City v N'castle
Blackb'n v Chelsea
Everton v Norwich

Predictions please! :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I only meant that had we spent £30m on an out and out proven goalscorer like him, then 15 goals would not have been enough. I would have expected between 30 and 40 a season.
Yes. This is what is happening with Didier Drogba really, high expectations for him to net lots of goals because of his previous performances in the French league and the high price tag of £24 doesn't help either.

I have no doubt that sooner or later Chelsea will offer him enough money to change his mind.
If Mourinho will allow it. Apparently, he doesn't like buying 'Galacticos' like Real Madrid, but have one expensive car (as he put it) and that is Drogba. Then again, there are people that could influence Mourinho's decision.
Repentance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
gunners all the way!

screw the others
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea should beat Blackburn...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea should beat Blackburn...
One would presume! My predictions are as follows..

Tue - 01 Feb 05

Portsm'h v M'brough (home win)
W.B.A. v C Palace (draw)
Arsenal v Man Utd (home win)
Bolton v Tot'ham (draw)
Charlton v Liv'pool (draw.. *hopes*)

Wed - 02 Feb 05

Birm'ham v South'tn (home win)
Fulham v A Villa (away win)
Man City v N'castle (home win/draw)
Blackb'n v Chelsea (away win)
Everton v Norwich (home win)
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes. This is what is happening with Didier Drogba really, high expectations for him to net lots of goals because of his previous performances in the French league and the high price tag of £24 doesn't help either.
To be honest i thought that Mateja Kezman would outscore any of the Chelsea strikers, and pretty much most of the premiership. I thought he would be the buy of the season for £5m. Funny how things work out i guess.

If Mourinho will allow it. Apparently, he doesn't like buying 'Galacticos' like Real Madrid, but have one expensive car (as he put it) and that is Drogba. Then again, there are people that could influence Mourinho's decision.
I saw that interview he gave. He was talking about why he wasn't going to sign David Beckham. He said he can understand why you would have one flash car, and he has one himself, but players who have a huge garage full are stupid. I think he was linking it to football terms, aswell. I think they'll go for Shev though, they're missing a toop quality striker.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I think they'll go for Shev though, they're missing a toop quality striker.
I think Drogba has been wicked recently!
His strength is immense... brushes aside defenders with ease...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)