The Student Room Group
Disappointing from Chelsea against Blackburn in some areas - the second half and Ferriera conceded another penalty this season. Great save from Cech though.
NDGAARONDI
Disappointing from Chelsea against Blackburn in some areas - the second half and Ferriera conceded another penalty this season. Great save from Cech though.

Chelsea didnt seem like they were enjoying the game at all. Mind you with players like Dickov coming at them I dont suppose it would be enjoyable. Cech was lucky not to have had a rib or two broken. :mad: (Dickov was lucky there two, with the way Terry came at him LOL)
But I guess all that doesn't really matter as Chelsea won and are still ahead of the rest. :biggrin:
Chelsea didn't like the physical side of the game, eh? I wonder if we see more teams playing against them like this from now on.

As for Mourinho whining about it, get on with it. It's part and parcel of being a top team. The smaller teams obviously can't keep up in footballing terms so they'll use anything they can to there advantage.

Also, i hope Robben's out for a while.
Makavelli_07
Chelsea didn't like the physical side of the game, eh? I wonder if we see more teams playing against them like this from now on.

As for Mourinho whining about it, get on with it. It's part and parcel of being a top team. The smaller teams obviously can't keep up in footballing terms so they'll use anything they can to there advantage.

Read my post from earlier, Chelsea will be playing at Goodison Park on the worst pitch of the season :biggrin: - we are gonna be physical, and it ain't gonna be pretty!
Makavelli_07

They usually cope with physical sides. I just guess this match was a red herring. I always thought out of the big teams in London, it is Arsenal who can't cope with the physical side. Perhaps Mourinho should use this, stick on Drogba instead of the other strikers :biggrin:

Makavelli_07

He should be back ready by the 23rd this month.
By 32 minutes of the second-half there had been 22 fouls, 12 by Blackburn, ten by Chelsea, since the interval and four offsides. There wasn’t much football being played.

Chelsea seemed prepared to dig in and win ugly. :frown: That’s what they did. It left the top of the Premiership looking mighty pretty.

Footballers are supposed to be showing the next generation good role models not resulting in football being portrayed as a full on free for all. Dickov holding Terry down by the throat was well out of order. Had that been away from a football game then he would be up in court for ABH or even GBH!
As for Robben I knew he would be a target and hopefully he won't be out for too long. Not heard the results of his xray as yet.
Football matches should be won on the skill of it's players and not on how much blood you can draw.
cindy
Had that been away from a football game then he would be up in court for ABH or even GBH!

No just assault or battery.
NDGAARONDI
No just assault or battery.

okay I went over the top. Thanks for correcting me hun. :biggrin: I am just so annoyed. :mad: Was there a need to go out and beat up the opposing team really? At least when it was Arsenal and Man Utd they did it with an air of grace and made it look like something else. :hmpf:
cindy
Was there a need to go out and beat up the opposing team really?

Looking at Blackburn's disciplinary record I am not surprised. Have you seen ice hockey in the USA?
NDGAARONDI
They usually cope with physical sides. I just guess this match was a red herring.

Chelsea are actually quite a physical side, and i'm suprised at how poorly they coped with the physical aspect of last nights game.

NDGAARONDI
I always thought out of the big teams in London, it is Arsenal who can't cope with the physical side.

Your not wrong there. Arsenal struggle with any match played in a physical nature. They like time to play there football, and players like Pires and Henry just don't bother showing up. Look at the Old Trafford match for example.

NDGAARONDI
Perhaps Mourinho should use this, stick on Drogba instead of the other strikers :biggrin:

Drogba's physical strength is immense. I have doubts over him as a 30 goals a season striker, but credit where it's due he is one strong dude. Was he injured last night?

NDGAARONDI
He should be back ready by the 23rd this month.

Shame. I hoped he was out for longer. :wink:

Also, the comment Mourinho made about Savage was quality. 'The blonde guy in the middle'. Savage was superb, i thought.
NDGAARONDI
Looking at Blackburn's disciplinary record I am not surprised. Have you seen ice hockey in the USA?

:rofl:
Trust you. :biggrin:
Speaking of stick and ball sports...

Arsenal 2 - 4 Man Utd sounds more like a hockey score. Now where have I heard thart before? :rolleyes:
I thought Chelsea coped excellently with the physical side of last night's game. Terry Makelele and Lampard pack a bloody great big punch and Mourinho has obviously instilled so much determination and confidence into the side that they collectively dealt with the pressure well. Far better than Arsenal seem to cope with that. Trying to be phyiscal with Sol Campbell is like running into a brick wall but being physical with John Terry is like running into a brick wall that runs back at you.
Reply 9233
Everton for 4th spot! :biggrin: Hope we get our turf sorted soon though, the bobbling at the norwich game was unacceptable, but I don't think Huckerby can use that as an excuse for falling over as if shot after every tackle :rolleyes: .
TheSun
Everton for 4th spot! :biggrin: Hope we get our turf sorted soon though, the bobbling at the norwich game was unacceptable, but I don't think Huckerby can use that as an excuse for falling over as if shot after every tackle :rolleyes: .

Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!

Yesssssssss - welcome to the ultimate football thread, never seen you before here, VERY WELCOME ADDITION to the forum!
Reply 9235
TheSun
Everton for 4th spot!.

I didn't realise that you were an Evertonian Chris! I guess we will be rivals then on the 19/20 February. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 9236
Misbah Imtiaz
I didn't realise that you were an Evertonian Chris! I guess we will be rivals then on the 19/20 February. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Haha, Im looking forward to it, however if I was alex ferguson I wouldn't let Rooney within a mile of Goodison without his own personal swat team! Do you have a prediction for the game misbah? :biggrin: Despite the good performances recently against Liverpool (Thanks!), Middlesborough and Arsenal ,I'd say a good 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 win for the boys in blue!
Reply 9237
afireinside©
Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!Evertonian!

Yesssssssss - welcome to the ultimate football thread, never seen you before here, VERY WELCOME ADDITION to the forum!

Yeeeeeah, everton for the champions league!! Thanks afireinside!!
TheSun
Yeeeeeah, everton for the champions league!! Thanks afireinside!!

haha excellent recruit to the forums! Southamption on Sunday, should win that surely!

Latest