The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
if arsenal wins by 6 points thats the equivalent of chelsea losing 2 games because of off days..thats your arguement for losing the champions league how come you cant use this arguement for the premiership? anyways gotta sleep
Exactly. And considering that there are WAY MORE prem games to be played, the probablity of 2+ ba days is GREATER.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
No you can't because of the 'giant killing' example. One year is sufficient, as if its more than that other factors come into account. E.g Leeds, don't you people listen?
Yes but we are talking about the top teams in Europe who dominate the top 3 places in their respective leagues, year after year....
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Exactly. And considering that there are WAY MORE prem games to be played, the probablity of 2+ ba days is GREATER.
Ok your making me angry now!

3 pages of this thread have been dedicated to tell you otherwise and since you don't really follow football seriousley, why don't you listen to the actual football supporters on this thread, and understand the facts that we're giving to you!
tammypotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
1.) My argument makes entire sense, and besides, Chelsea may not win the Champion's league..
chelsea won't win the champions league... monaco will
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Performing this calculation I see Arsenal have been better than Chelsea this season.
That isn't the point when commenting on what her sig says. Her sig doesn't say "Arsenal are better than Chelsea", it says "Arsenal are best in Europe". Which is way more farfetched.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
answer this first: if arsenal wins by 6 points thats the equivalent of chelsea losing 2 games because of off days..thats your arguement for losing the champions league how come you cant use this arguement for the premiership?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, look at who is left in the european cup now. Before this was all about the european cup, now why change to whoever wins their respective leagues? Goalposts moved.
No, you were talking about league performance. I firmly talked about Champion's league performance - Where the european teams compete.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
answer this first: if arsenal wins by 6 points thats the equivalent of chelsea losing 2 games because of off days..thats your arguement for losing the champions league how come you cant use this arguement for the premiership?
Exactly. And the probablity of this happening is increased due to the fact that 38 games or so are played. It may even be just one/two lucky goals..
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tammypotato)
i don't think monaco will win it either, i thnk whoever wins the semi final btw depo and porto will go to win it! I think its too hard 2 call! Wouldn't bet on any of the teams!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tammypotato)
Wouldn't suprise me.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought you were going to bed
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I thought you were going to bed
lol yes but ill get nightmares if no-one give me an answer
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not farfetched at all. And don't imply that "arsenal are better than chelsea" is farfetched by saying "more farfetched", as I'm afraid you just lost that argument.
Thank you, game over you lost...I recommend before you start arguing with real football fans, try understanding football itself!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Wouldn't suprise me.
And how would you know? You don't even follow football!
tammypotato
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Wouldn't suprise me.
i know coz even tho lyon is first in the french premiership they lost 3 tiems against monaco this year
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
And how would you know? You don't even follow football!
But of course, why would I need to follow football so closely. After all, it's a lottery as you can piginapoke both said, so why would I need to follow it in order to cast any form of judgement on the matter? :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok ill let you off now but i expect an answer by tommorow! :eek:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Thank you, game over you lost...I recommend before you start arguing with real football fans, try understanding football itself!
The argument about Arsenal being better than Chelsea (or not) is not the same as my initial comment about your sig. you still couldn't even show anything that suggests that Arsenal could even be the best team in Europe. Your excuse about "fatigue" is BS. Every strong european team faces the problem. It's those who handle it better thant succeed, along with playing the better football of course.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
But of course, why would I need to follow football so closely. After all, it's a lottery as you can piginapoke both said, so why would I need to follow it in order to cast any form of judgement on the matter? :rolleyes:
yeah right!:rolleyes:

I never said its a lottery, but the thing is you don't understand the sheer principles of the sport so you can't even comment...I don't even understand why you took part in the thread in the first place!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok ill let you off now but i expect an answer by tommorow! :eek:
It's also hypocritical how she says "but it's a lottery, one off matches", but she then says I need to follow football closely to cast an opinion on the possible winners - Which contradicts what she said about it being a lottery. If it's a lottery, then any opinion is valid really as there is no basis to conclude that one opinion has more weight than another.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.62%
Labour (548)
51.8%
Liberal Democrats (142)
13.42%
Green Party (58)
5.48%
Brexit Party (15)
1.42%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)