The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cool list, but beckham will probably start. Can't wait to see Andy Johnson playing in an England shirt!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Great goal by Beattie after five minutes, but from then Southampton have been totally on top, and got the equaliser that they deserved
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Great goal by Beattie after five minutes, but from then Southampton have been totally on top, and got the equaliser that they deserved
I thought saints were doomed after that painful goal from beattie - defence was looking poor. But Harrys new and improved side are looking red hot. ''Same old Crouchy, always scoring, Same old Crouchy, always scoring''
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
I thought saints were doomed after that painful goal from beattie - defence was looking poor. But Harrys new and improved side are looking red hot. ''Same old Crouchy, always scoring, Same old Crouchy, always scoring''
Everton are playing shocking football at the moment. Pistone needs shooting, he's bloody awful - and McFadden!

Great block on the line by Stubbs! Beattie took his goal brilliantly, but I thought the goalie should have pushed it further wide of caught it!
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton are playing shocking football at the moment. Pistone needs shooting, he's bloody awful - and McFadden!

Great block on the line by Stubbs! Beattie took his goal brilliantly, but I thought the goalie should have pushed it further wide of caught it!
Beattie did great but him scoring was like salt in the wound Im surprised saints havent scored more...they are getting the chances but cant quite bang them in. Hopefully Rory, my husband to be, will score
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't start with Johnson or Downing. I don't think either of them should be in the squad to be honest.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I wouldn't start with Johnson or Downing. I don't think either of them should be in the squad to be honest.
Why not? I think that Johnson esp. should be given a chance to proove something.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Why not? I think that Johnson esp. should be given a chance to proove something.
Why because he's scored 6 penalties? I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything but I don't think he's anything special. He's not an international type player, eh's good in the Premiership because he harries defenders and takes advantage of their mistakes. That doesn't happen at international level. In a fully fit England squad I'd rather have Owen, Rooney, Smith, Defoe, Heskey, Beattie, and probably other people I can't remember. Vassell probably. Maybe even Kevin Phillips. Actually no, not Kevin Phillips.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Why because he's scored 6 penalties? I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything but I don't think he's anything special. He's not an international type player, eh's good in the Premiership because he harries defenders and takes advantage of their mistakes. That doesn't happen at international level. In a fully fit England squad I'd rather have Owen, Rooney, Smith, Defoe, Heskey, Beattie, and probably other people I can't remember. Vassell probably. Maybe even Kevin Phillips. Actually no, not Kevin Phillips.
It's difficult to predict how he will do at an international level. His goal-scoring record reflects alot more than just penalties. He is fast and has a good finish, and yes maybe he doesn't suit international football, but maybe he will proove on Wednesday that he can adapt to a new environment.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But he's done well considering he's playing for a team fighting against relegation.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
It's difficult to predict how he will do at an international level. His goal-scoring record reflects alot more than just penalties. He is fast and has a good finish, and yes maybe he doesn't suit international football, but maybe he will proove on Wednesday that he can adapt to a new environment.
Fair enough.

COME ON THE SAINTS!!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
But he's done well considering he's playing for a team fighting against relegation.
And look how many he has scored compared to Henry and then compare both strikers' services from the rest of their respective teams. It can be argued that if Johnson was playing for a better team, he'd score a lot more goals. Would be interesting to see how many ho could net if he was playing for Chelsea for example.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
fücking hell Everton that was S H I T E
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*is heartbroken* It shoulda been a win....its devastating. They deserved a win No one can deny it
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Jammy Scouse bas*****
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*is heartbroken* It shoulda been a win....its devastating. They deserved a win No one can deny it
Disgusting performance by Everton, Southampton definitely deserved all three points, but, super Marcus Bent!
Vixen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Disgusting performance by Everton, Southampton definitely deserved all three points, but, super Marcus Bent!
Marcus Bent can get bent!!! Ok, that was the lamest thing I have ever said but Im exceptionally bitter
DRWallace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
C'mon the toffees! It was all because Big Dunc came on. He set it up!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Marcus Bent can get bent!!! Ok, that was the lamest thing I have ever said but Im exceptionally bitter
LOL! awww *hug*
Does it make you feel any better if I say there's no chance you'll be going down and you deserved the win?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DRWallace)
C'mon the toffees! It was all because Big Dunc came on. He set it up!
Worst performance of the season by a long way, atrocious.
Moyes - best make some dramatic changes or we'll get walked all over by Chelsea.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.87%
Labour (156)
49.06%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.29%
Brexit Party (4)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.94%
SNP (7)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.26%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)